Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 13 August 2010
The Signatura Rerum - Signature of all things - is one of the greatest books ever written. Almost totally
unknown, it is written by the almost totally unknown 16th century German cobbler, Jacob Boehme. Boehme was
self educated and studied the contemporary alchemist Paracelsus, and his language and terminology is very
obscure and difficult. Boehme influenced many subsequent philosophers, scientists and writers, including
William Blake, William Law, Isaac Newton and, I believe Jung and many others. I have an old Everyman hardback,
and for years I sought for extra copies to give to friends but to no avail. It is extremely rare. It repays
the closest study.
on 15 August 2013
The language used is difficult to understand, but hopefully if you stick with it it will become clear, Makes you think.
on 22 May 2015
Hard reading, so you need some serious quiet time to ingest it, and to get your head around it, perhaps I'm just not far enough along the path to understand a lot of it, to be fair I havent got too far into it yet, I can only read a couple of pages at a time, and then leave it to muse over it for a day or so, or until I can fully comprehend it.
on 5 July 2016
People still think that "twelve"month a year thing, 28 days in a month or moon equals thirteen moons a year, that was the original idea and Spring Equinox was the beginning of a new year circle, hence rebirth or fertility. Some interesting things mentioned and well presented.
on 10 April 2014
I found this book impenetrable to one at my stage of insight. A previous text by Boehme I had found very difficult. It does start by saying that it is open only to those of advanced spiritual knowledge. My disappointment is in myself rather than any criticism of the writing of which I cannot be the judge.
on 3 March 2014
Firstly I have not read the book. I just received it today and was disappointed. The paper is thin office paper and will not endure handling. It's very sensitive and thin. The quality of the "binding", cover and paper is none. I could just as well have downloaded and printed the text using my own printer and cheap office paper, then photocopy it for good measure. I think it is disrespectful to have this book published like this. Why is the book printed and bound in such a way that it will at most endure two readings before it is damaged or destroyed? Why is the cover so ugly? Where is the respect? Why print it on cheap office paper? I do not recommend that anyone buy the hard-cover edition from Kessinger Publishing. Hopefully this will help you find an edition of the book that is worth keeping.
on 27 August 2015
This will make you think & then think again..... Very thought provoking I believe perhaps a lot of Boehme's wisdom may fly over the heads of some readers but keep hold of the book anyway ! The pearls contained may one day shine brightly for you !
on 30 August 2014
Couldn't grasp the subject. Felt more and more confused.
on 18 February 2015
Very good read
on 21 June 2016
Book I would not read but well worth it