5.0 out of 5 stars good buy
this was a really good buy. it is too hard and big for a young baby - it is more for a toddler but my 9 month old still plays with it and loves the sound it makes. the good thing with this tambourine is that the bells are in an enclosure so it is completely safe for kids
Published on 25 April 2010 by ZoZo

3.0 out of 5 stars why assorted colour?
Assorted colour, yes, we had turquoise, and it's not that bright. I hoped to receive red or yellow since my son likes those bright colors. The sound attracted his attention, but he never wanted to hold it in hand by himself.
Published 1 month ago by Hannah

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 25 April 2010
This review is from: Halilit Baby Tambourine Musical Instrument (Colours Vary) (Toy)

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice durable tambourine, 12 Dec. 2012
Natalie Gibbons "Natalie" (London, England) - See all my reviews
My 9 month old son started to show an interest in musical instruments, so I searched for a tambourine that would be suitable for his age group. This product is designed for 12 months+ but was okay for my son. The bells are contained within a plastic casing so there is no danger of him cutting his gums on them (as everything at this age must be gummed first!). It is a little heavy for a young baby and he couldn't lift it up to shake until about 11 months, but he used to like banging it on the floor and would enjoy it when I would shake it around. We received a turquoise colour toy which was perfect for a little boy, but I wouldn't have been disappointed with any other colour. It is quite durable and has survived being thrown on a wooden and tiled floor fine.

I would recommend this toy for an older baby coming into toddler hood because it is quite heavy for a little baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 6 July 2011
I was a little unsure about this before I bought it but it has been a great purchase. We have enjoyed playing with homemade shakers and maracas but this introduces a different sound and variety to the sound that can be produced. It is very easy for my baby to hold and seems very safe. A big hit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interactive, 12 Jun. 2012
My baby loves musical instruments and loves the traditional ones. I have bought the electronic VTech tambourine just before and it is awful. My baby loves shaking things and listening to the sounds he is making rather than the electronic button pressing musical instruments. The Halilit tambourine is good quality with a nice sound. It says from 12 months but my 6 month plays with it no problem

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a toddler, 28 Nov. 2012
My daughter had played with these at play groups and loved them. She really likes playing with the tambourine, it's so well constructed and completely safe. It's not as noisy as the jingle bells or shakers that she has, but a good contribution to the music time we have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Halilit Baby Tambourine, 20 Dec. 2012
Grandson's first birthday present. Loved it especially as he now has the special musical instrument usually only allowed to be used by the teacher of his sing and sign group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 29 Dec. 2012
Great toy. Covered so that it safer for younger children than an actual tambourine. Friends little boy really loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 15 Jan. 2013
Kathleen (Worcestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
Please see my review on Halilit Toddler Music Orchestra Musical Instrument Gift Set for general review of this product. I have dropped a star for this instrument as it is quite large by comparison with the other instruments in the Gift Set. It is intended for the same age group but in my view should perhaps have been a little smaller. It does not enjoy quite the same appeal to our 10 month old granddaughter as the Gift Set instruments do. I would say it would be better for a slightly older child. Having said that it is a lovely safe instrument.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the fact that the metal discs are protected by ..., 9 Mar. 2015
I like the fact that the metal discs are protected by the plastic shield so can't injure, but like other people have said the tambourine is rather heavy and it is weighted more on the disc side so is a bit awkward. However, my daughter has discovered that it makes a pretty good object to throw as it knocks things over well while making a noise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for a young child, 19 Mar. 2013
I bought this for my 10 month old grandson who loves to shake things to create a noise and he loves it. As the metal parts are all enclosed they are safe when he puts the tambourine into his mouth. It is quite heavy for a small child, but he does not find this to be a problem. I would recommend this good strong and safe product.