5.0 out of 5 stars Select Meyer Select, recommended!
Published 23 months ago by Mrs. H. E. Davison

3.0 out of 5 stars Meyer saucepan
Saucepan is OK but not exactly what we thought we were ordering to match the rest of our set.
Published on 30 April 2010 by K. Stirling

5.0 out of 5 stars Select Meyer Select, recommended!, 17 Sep 2012
Mrs. H. E. Davison "Aitch" (Preston, East Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meyer Select Advantage Non-stick Saucepan, 1.9 Litre, 18 cm - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I chose this saucepan above others that were possibly going to be better quality or that would match our existing high quality saucepans because we owned one previously that had only just stopped being of use after 20 years of service. The really good thing about these particular saucepans (apart from the fact that they are non-stick, which is an essential specification as far as I'm concerned) is the design of the lid and top edge of the pan itself. I've not yet seen any other saucepans with this design. The lid itself has a deep rim, and on opposite side of this rim are holes designed for draining water from the pan when cooking vegetables (the bigger holes come in handy here) or rice (when the smaller holes are a must unless you wish to watch grains of rice disappearing down your sink). The pan has not just one, but two pouring spouts - so easy to use whether you're left or right-handed. These pouring spouts also come in handy if you make gravy or soup in the pan - simply pour straight onto your plate or into a bowl. I like the new colours available, we had a dark green one previously. There were a few scratch marks in the pan, but we couldn't use the lid any more as the handle had cracked beyond repair (and we'd repaired it a couple of times already). The design of the new pan lid looks even more robust - so no doubt it will serve us well for at least another 20 years! The pan is also quite lightweight, unlike our other saucepans, so I can easily carry it from hob to sink full of water and veg or whatever I choose to put in it (dirty socks?). Cannot think of anything wrong with this pan, I'm so pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite, 2 Dec 2013
H. Berrry (UK) - See all my reviews
Having finally messed up a previous Meyer Select Advantage pan I tried to replace it and Amazon was the only place I could get it. These are great pans - I've had 3 for some years. Unfortunately Meyer informed me that they're not making them any more. Their equivalent are entirely stainless steel exterior. I try not to buy from Amazon because of their tax position but was defeated in this instance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good quality, 24 Feb 2013
V. Doyle (Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
Obvious use, but the draining lids are a real asset and add considerable to safety of use and a savings on the dishes as you do not need the colander.

Well balanced and good quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and sturdy all purpose saucepan, 2 July 2014
Good and sturdy all purpose saucepan. They last well and take a lot of beating. The older grey anodized version had a superior finish though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Item, 2 Feb 2014
We bought a full set of these Meyer select Advantage saucepans some time back and they are of an extremely good quality for the price. However, since we purchased them, our family has reduced in size after one left to work in the USA. Therefore we find that we no longer make much use of the larger 20cm pan, but could use an extra 18cm one. This pan is the same as the original set, and they are probably the best set of pans that we've ever bought for the money they cost. Solid, cook evenly, dishwasher safe and still look as good as new, nearly a year on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lid Design has changed over the years, 15 Jan 2014
Product arrived on time and well packed.

Lid Design has changed over the years so if you plan to match to your existing just take a look first.

5.0 out of 5 stars a pleasure to use, 28 Jun 2009
bought a meyers pan with glass lid. Excellent value and a good quality product, Makes cooking more of a pleasure.I would recommend this product

3.0 out of 5 stars Meyer saucepan, 30 April 2010