on 6 February 2012
This is a useful addition to the kitchen gadget range - certainly heatproof as I tested it with dishes coming directly from a hot oven. Also stops dishes slipping - so dual purpose. Excellent purchase
on 3 March 2010
I live on a boat and this not only protects my nice wood surfaces from the heat of cooking pots etc, but also prevents stuff from sliding around! And it's black. Not pink. Or fluorescent lime green. I'm having another...
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 January 2012
I noticed this silicone trivet when I was searching for a wok. Thought it might be useful, so purchased it at the same time as my new Circulon wok. I have been really pleased with it. It now stays permanently on the work surface next to the cooker, so that it is always to hand when I need to rest a hot saucepan or tray from the oven. Useful even when you are rearranging the positions of saucepans on hob rings - saves having a heavy pan in each hand while swapping to another hob ring size! Unlike my large metal trivets, if I want to clear the work surface, it's neat size and flexibility makes it easy to put away into a drawer out of sight.
If you have wooden or granite work surfaces in your kitchen, you need something like this to protect them. Whether you buy the Circulon version, or Le Crueset, or something else, this is a kitchen essential. I have two of these & they are just as you would want them to be!
on 1 May 2014
These are definitely the best. Bought le creuseot trivets as well, but they weren't as good. These are excellent at heat handling and weight bearing. My le creuseot pans are very heavy and need the extra thickness which these pads have! Really needed to be confident using these as just replaced the worktops in granite. These give that peace of mind. Well pleased with them!
on 3 May 2015
We chose black so they are unobtrusive and as they were not expensive,we bought two. They can be put in a drawer or hung up (hole provided!) and can be on the worktop in a couple of seconds. We can put hot trays straight from the oven on them. We occasionally wash them in the sink and hang them up to dry. What's not to like?
on 23 December 2013
I have a couple of these and they look smart but unobtrusive on my black worktops. I was a little sceptical at first as to whether they would be sufficient to protect my Hi-Macs worktops, but I now confidently put casserole dishes straight from the oven on to these, and no heat goes through. Recommended.
on 11 May 2013
Non-slip heat proof mat/trivet that has LOADS of uses. We got several to protect new work tops after a kitchen re-fit. They are brilliantly heat resistant, but they also completely non-slip, holding pans stable while mashing spuds etc. we also use them to stop meals slipping if eating off trays.
on 23 May 2009
Excellent product. Bought this one in black and the Le Crueset in white to go with upgraded kitchen. Dishwasher proof.
0Comment16 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 April 2015
I wasn't sure at first that I would like this 'trivet' and to be honest I still prefer a 'proper' trivet - ie, a raised one with three legs. This works fine for protecting your work surface but obviously only as long as the pan is no bigger than the silicon mat itself. It is however, very handy for keeping as an extra mat underneath my main trivet as that way it is conveniently stored without taking up valuable surface space when not in use.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse