5.0 out of 5 stars best kept secret
Published on 23 Jun. 2012 by Nina-Jo Rees

2.0 out of 5 stars My poor choice! Not the Rive Gauche I expected!
Published on 4 Dec. 2011 by SuzyQ

5.0 out of 5 stars best kept secret, 23 Jun. 2012
This scent starts out seeming quite subtle on the skin and you think it will disappear BUT after 15 mins or so it bursts out with a wonderful, complex floral bouquet that lasts and lasts. Most perfumes fade out on me but not this one. Also, the scent does not decay as it fades, becoming powerdery or flat as so many more expensive ones do. It retains all its flowery notes. It is not over-bearing nor aggressive, but is subtle, unusual and sensuous. People comment on it as if they half recognise it and like it, but don't know it. This is becasue it isn't an 'obvious' scent like so many modern ones. It is cool, classy and restrained. Someone said it smells like 'silver dust' and I know what they mean.I wear No 5 in the evening if going out as it has glamour and chic but for everyday wear, Rive Gauche is wonderful, it's like wearing a perfect simple black dress or jeans with the perfect white shirt. And, the cute metal container means you can carry it with you with no risk of breakage.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Eau de Toilette for Women - 50 ml (Personal Care)
I cant get enough of this. It has such a delicate fresh fragrance which lingers but it is not overpowering. My grandchildren love cuddling me and say-"you smell nice granny". (hopefully I smelled ok before I used Rive Gauche). Perfume choice is an individual taste but I would recommend this if your looking for a delicate fragrance.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect everyday scent, 13 Mar. 2012
This scent starts out seeming quite subtle on the skin and you think it will disappear BUT after 10 mins or so it bursts out with a wonderful, complex floral/woody bouquet that lasts and lasts. Most perfumes fade out on me but not this one. Also, the scent does not decay as it fades, becoming powerdery or flat as so many more expensive ones do. It retains all its flowery notes. It is not over-bearing nor aggressive, but is subtle, unusual and sensuous, chic and very French.

People comment on it as if they half recognise it and like it, but don't know it. This is becasue it isn't an 'obvious' scent like so many modern ones. It is cool, classy and restrained. Someone said it smells like 'silver dust' and I know what they mean.I wear No 5 in the evening if going out as it has glamour and chic but for everyday wear, Rive Gauche is wonderful, it's like wearing a perfect simple black dress. And, the cute metal container means you can carry it with you with no risk of breakage.

Main notes- Gardenia, Honeysuckle, Sandalwood, Oakmoss.

2.0 out of 5 stars My poor choice! Not the Rive Gauche I expected!, 4 Dec. 2011
I obviously didn't read/understand the description well enough as what I received was not at all what I expected. They didn't say that removing alcohol (as in alcohol-free) meant that this was substituted with a fine oil (which does not dry easily) This means that whenever I use it I have to wait ages to get dressed or else it stains my clothes. Not nice. Would never buy this version again. The picture is of the original type of EDT spray and the new version is in a transparent glass bottle, totally different and looks quite green inside. Very, very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, 7 Jan. 2014
Matthew Latham (uk) - See all my reviews
Got this as a birthday present for my mum, and she adores the size as it fits nicely into her purse so she can take it out with her.

It has quit a strong perfume that lasts a long time so you won't need to re apply very often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfume, 13 Oct. 2010
Good prompt delivery, the perfume is the same as it is from anywhere else - just cheaper

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfumes, 9 Jan. 2014
Like this perfume, it is a positive smell but not too strong. Is good value compared to others. Will continue to use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Product fine but ...., 11 Jan. 2010
Roger J. Pavitt "ROGQ" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Delivered exactly as ordered but box was slightly crushed due to inadequtes packaging for the post.

5.0 out of 5 stars The first YSL perfume I ever owned.............., 15 Dec. 2011
Pyewacket "czarnowice" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
and to this day, I still love and wear it. I wouldn't say it was a floral perfume, more of a woody, amber, musky kind of scent both suitable for daytime and evening wear.
A true classic like most of YSL's fragrances.

5.0 out of 5 stars It smell like Mum, 11 Jun. 2012
Basically, Mum's always worn this, and it suits her skin so well, that whenever I smell it, it reminds me of her. So this is a pressie, and I know that she'll love it.

Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Eau de Toilette for Women - 50 ml