on 17 February 2012
Updated review:- Cheapest I'd seen £54 most £120 plus, (update 2014 £189 far to expensive now), very good quality product, water proof tested, you get more than you pay for, however I do-not require rider to rider or pillion communication which it hasn't got.
Struggled to fit in Arai helmet because did not want to cut lining etc. Had to adapt to fit on side of helmet with a nylon washer under bolt to get clamp gap small enough to secure- also fitting the additional rubber spacer provided, ok. The speakers Velcro'd to the lining of the helmet without having to use there sticky pads, it took me 15-20 min to fit and set up, instruction clear.
Remote is excellent but battery lasted an hour!!!, an audible warning tells you the battery is low, replaced battery which has lasted so far (month).
The sound quality is excellent, there's a note in the box warning you it's against the law to have 2 ear pieces in on Britain roads, which I did not know!.
Easy to set up and work.
Radio not the best but when you've got a station it's just ok, excellent with blue/t from my phone music (no setting up required).
Phone call Say's the name of caller and you either say accept or reject-easy.
I wear ear plugs and found over about 30mph very difficult to hear even on full volume so I bought "Alpine Moto Safe Ear Plugs" FANTASTIC PLUG but hurt after couple hours, can hear music at low speeds only, tried without ear plugs disappointed-bike to loud, but at least you know you've had a call and you can pull over and use with out taking your helmet off when your stationary. The phone works well and the caller can hear clearly.
A phone call I had whilst riding was a massive distraction and have made the decision I will always pull over regard less, so noise not a problem.
Wearing thick winter gloves I am able to use controls on remote and the side of helmet fairly easily to scroll through stations and functions and isn't complicated.
Recommend for the price, cannot see that the more expensive models can be any better but they may have other functions which you might won't like bike to bike. Probably now wouldn't buy as never seen for £54 again.
on 23 May 2011
The system is a good one with the exception of the instruction book. the quality is in some places poor and difficult to make out the drawings smaller details. I found that When I sat down and played with it for a while I got it working fine.
Because of the poor quality of the instructions I have no Idea how to use the remote, again the hand book is the only flaw in an otherwise very good system.
good sound. clear sound and a tidy mic system.
would buy again.
on 11 February 2009
Nice headset, remote control is to be checked with bike handlebar not to shorten too much the grip which is uncomfortable to drive.Radio is OK but not too sensitive. Lacks preset station capability when you want to jump from 88 to 103.5 it's boring.
Be careful, not all functions available without the remote control.
Sound clarity, level and phone functions perfect; Can be customized in many languages thanks to firmware upgrade through the net available tools
on 8 March 2012
I gave up my BT Next headset for this after sampling a Parrot Asteroid in the car, with which I fell in love. However, the SK4000 is not so great for the Parrot brand.

1) The "puck" is pretty large for the side of a helmet - I have a raunchy new Boxer helmet and the puck just made it look ugly :o( I also found with my flip helmet that the mic boom was about 2cm too short to get a good mic position.
2) As documented by others, the battery tray is susceptible to cracking when the screw is tightened - yep, I did this - the tray then fell to bits! Its also easy to get the battery upside down, even if you have a brain - the manual diagrams are rubbish and the markings on the tray barely legible.
3) The remote was really tough to get to pair with the headset - it took me a couple of hours of pairing, unpairing, resets, involving phones, not involving phones etc. Read on-line guidance to pair the remote - apparently the manual is wrong and pairing a phone before the remote leads you into dark bluetooth corners!
4) The remote does restrict your thumb reach to any indicator on your handlebar (I have an MT-03) and on anything other than a twist and go you may find it clashes with the clutch lever when fully pulled in (it did for me!). I also found my hand being slightly to the left, making space for the remote, meant I needed to extend fingers further to pull in the clutch and that my hand sat generally in an uncomfortable position during a long ride.

The build is good, the sound quality is excellent (maybe a shade quiet) and I like the remote and big buttons - but I am gonna try something else primarily due to reason (4) above and the mic boom issue.
on 11 February 2009
I was so looking forward to this product but was sadly disappointed. The phone worked very well, I could hear and be heard very clear. However the radio is useless, it could only find about 4 stations in London and then would loose then when riding. The mini usb lead would not fit to allow me to add a MP3 player. I did not try playing music through blue tooth on my phone as that would have killed my phone battery.

I was going to get a replacement but having searched there were too many complaints so I went for a refund.
on 17 December 2011
Works very well with my schuberth. I would recommend that the speakers are located within the lining (needs to be cut and then speakers slid inside)---uncomfortable otherwise. Sound is really good with i-pod. Voice recognition needs to be done manually for best results. Overall a great bluetooth system-radio ok but who really needs this?
on 7 December 2012
Parrot is the only company that is manufacturing a handlebar operated system.
HOWEVER
it doesn't work.. the build quality is poor, and it just look and functions like a cheap product.

2 stars only for the concept, otherwise, 1 star..
on 17 October 2011
Item appears to work well, but unfortunately I have found that it has almost been impossible, to firmly secure the unit to the side of my helmet, perhaps its is the fault of my particular hemet, but it does spoil an otherwise capable product.
on 30 November 2011
This headset is the best Bluetooth headset for a motorcyclist. It connects easily, you can play radio or music as well as take or receive calls. The remote for the handelbars is ace and sound is very clear. The device connects very easily without messing around, simply turn the device with a click of a button and it connects to your phone itself if its already been paired previously. The battery lasts surpurisingly long and doesn't take long at all to charge up.
on 28 August 2011
funcioona bastante bem até aos 100km/h, mesmo com a viseira/queixeira aberta, tanto a ouvir como a falar. Fácil de montar, as intruções não são boas, mas explorando, facilmente se percebe as suas capacidades, tendo entre elas o radio FM que funciona bem, tem uma boa captação e um bom som. Não conheço outros produtos similares, para comparar, mas estou bastante satisfeito com este.
11 comment0 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse