on 29 January 2009
If you don't yet own one of these, get one!

I first used mine to puree baby food, just put the food into a jug, press the button and the little blades at the base whizz round turning the food to a puree. Thumb off and it stops, simple as that. Quick rinse and back in the cupboard.

I now use it to mix my yorkshire pudding mix, or pancakes, or put it into the soup pan to turn it into smooth cream, Also I put ginger and garlic with a little water into a jug to chop finely for curries or thai foods. In the summer it does fruit milkshakes for the kids. It works best with things that have liquid, it will not chop a raw carrot on its own.

This is a great gadget because, it works well, its small enough to store away easily, it has many uses, and it's easy to clean.
0Comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2012
Does exactly what it says on the tin. What more could one ask for at this price? If you want a blender to do more then pay the extra £50. Easy to use and easy to clean. Brilliant.
on 29 December 2011
This product does not last, it broke within a few uses, the blade came out of the socket. Plus the liquid manages to seep into the blending mechanism so it gets really dirty as it's almost impossible to clean behind there.
on 2 March 2009
I've owned a series of Braun hand blenders but they seem to have got more expensive, so I bought this instead. I'm afraid it just doesn't perform as well. Maybe it's fine for soft food (like for baby food) but for soups with, say, big chunks of al dente veg, you have to plonk it right on top of EACH PIECE, rather than wave the thing about airily as with the Braun. As for a jug of thick stuff, forget it - it whizzes pitifully and does nothing.
If you've got a bit more to spend, buy the Braun.
on 17 January 2010
I bought the Russell Hobbs and had probably used it less than 10 times when it broke: the rotating blade came out of its socket (quite dangerous acutally). It was by then out of warranty. I would say that htis is not a well-made produce.
on 4 June 2013
Yes, it filled with the hot soup I was blending so when I took it apart the liquid poured out onto my hand. It's a piece of rubbish. Don't buy it. I've had it a few months and used it a few times.
on 11 March 2013
I bought this hand blender for the short term purpose of pureeing baby food. The first time I used the blender it worked well for the purpose intended. The problem arose when I washed the end attachment by hand, there was rust pouring out of the blade area.
on 21 August 2012
I have not had this blender for long and was shocked to see the blade end MELT when I was blending soup! A blender you can't use in hot liquid?! I have been using hand blenders for years and this is a first for me. Very very poor indeed. I would STRONGLY DETER anyone from buying this product. Rubbish!
on 30 March 2012
I am a regular customer of Amazon and must say at once that I did not purchase this Russell Hobbs item from them - but from another trader.
However,having read other people's review of this item and - having had similar experience a few months ago - I thought I would add my dissatisfaction and back up the complaints being lodged regarding the inferior quality of this piece of equipment.

After comparatively little usage the rotor blade at end of shaft fell out and the entire unit became useless., I reported to Russell Hobbs - fully explaining what had happened and sending them a photograph of faulty part of the unit....The photo and my explanation made it absolutely obvious what had happened. They would not accept the information I submitted and insisted that I post the whole unit to them for examination...... Quite ridiculous as the motor inside the unit was working perfectly...a replacement shaft was all that was needed. I just could not be bothered with all the inconvenience of parcelling up the unit and taking it to the Post Office.

Russell Hobbs appear to have had numerous complaints about the obvious fault on their blender.

Their failure to send me a replacement shaft without putting a customer to so much trouble I found quite incredible. Being completely disillusioned and fed up with this awful Russell Hobbs product I decided to cut my losses and have since purchased a Braun. I most certainly cannot recommend it and shall hesitate about purchasing any other Russell Hobbs product because of their unhelpful attitude.
on 1 August 2009
I used Brauns hand blender for so long and was used to their good quality. Unfortunately this product is not as good as Brauns. When I blend homemade soup, it splashes everywhere (and very noisy too!) and the quality of plastic body is not as good as Brauns.