5.0 out of 5 stars Decent value for the price
For how much this thing costs, I did not expect much. Don't get me wrong, it will type and work perfectly fine. The set-up was a no brainer(it started working as soon as I plugged in the mini usb reciever)

Published on 23 July 2011 by M.Hadden

3.0 out of 5 stars It works on Fedora Linux
Published on 15 July 2012 by R. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent value for the price, 23 July 2011
This review is from: TeckNet® X300 2.4Ghz Wireless Multimedia Entertainment Keyboard(UK keyboard layout) and Mouse Combo for Desktop With Water-Resistant Keyboard Design (Electronics)

The keyboard has good response - the keys have a pleasing click and they are soft to the touch. The tabs on the back raise it to 8 degrees which works for my setup. The keyboard has buttons for audio, launching your default web browser, opening your email program, powerdown, calculator and others. You don't have to load ANY software for these quick buttons to work.

Overall, this is a decent product for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Keyboard ..., 30 July 2011
N. P. McElwee "nmelec" (Birmingham, U.K.) - See all my reviews
I bought this keyboard and mouse three months ago to use with my Dell Laptop and, not being familiar with the make I was wary.
After reading other reviews I thought I would try for myself but, I was a bit unsure due to the low price & unknown brand!
Well it arrived after a couple of days and I plugged in the Nano USB receiver and away they both went. I was quite impressed and found the keyboard and mouse very responsive. The extra keys on the mouse I use for searching back and forward on the Web and the Auto Power off function is very useful for increasing the battery life of the mouse. The small size of the usb receiver is a bonus as you don't 'catch' it sticking out of the side of your laptop like some that protrude about 2 inches.
The only down side I found is the position of the extra Multimedia keys on each side of the keyboard which are easily hit with your thumb when moving it around. Other than that, it's a very good product at a very good price. I rate this over Microsoft or Logitech's similar products which are over double the price in most cases, (yes, I have tried these brands also). I would definately recommend it to anyone looking for a realible, accurate, well priced wireless keyboard and mouse, Well done TeckNet, keep it up.

Noel Mc, from Birmingham.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works on Fedora Linux, 15 July 2012
R. Brown "prefers to use Linux" (South coast.) - See all my reviews
I got this keyboard mouse combo, to avoid the five step walk, yes a marathon five steps, and sitting on the floor when using my Mythtv box (Fedora Linux). I was expecting to have a little fun getting this new toy up and running. Well I was wrong. I closed down the PC. Plugged in the wireless USB do-dad and rebooted. While the PC was booting I automatically pressed ESC to see the messages. Its what i always do and the keyboard was already working! A minute later and the PC was booted with a working wireless mouse and keyboard. I am not sure if I even needed to reboot. (This was on Linux not Windows remember, so no need to reboot before and after doing anything).

You will need to get batteries, 4 AAA types (the little ones) they are not included. These go into the keyboard and mouse. There is an automatic "off" to save the batteries but this only comes in when the PC is turned off or you unplug the USB. The mouse will go to sleep when not used for 8 seconds but nothing like that for the keyboard. Why ever not?

The Mouse: This is comfortable to use and it's a little larger than the usual 3 button mouse. The wheel feels a little creaky and cheap, while clicking the wheel is positive, it is loud and sort of echoes in the large cavern of the mouse. There are two buttons on the left hand side for your thumb. When browsing the web these are the 'back' and 'forward' buttons on a browser. The DPI button (which has a nice action) does not appear to do anything, on Linux. but I can clicking it when I get bored. Other than that, what else can you say about a mouse. You move it, and the cursor on the screen moves.

The Keyboard: The keys have a nice feel to them and are reasonably quiet all except the space bar. Oh dear, that space bar is a real let down, it is nasty, horribly cheap, and feels like it's going to break or fall off. It sounds completely different when pressed than the other keys.
Now to the keys on the sides of the keyboard. These are very sensitive and I find them just annoying. Their positioning means whenever you pick up or move the keyboard, you end up trigging one or more of the actions (one of the other reviewers said the same thing) . They are not programmable, that I can tell, which is a shame as I never use the calculator on a PC. Why is there always a calculator key? Boggles at the thought. If nothing else it would be great to be able to turn them off. I could then use them to exercise my fingers. The little legs at the front to lift the keyboard up are short, meaning the keyboard is almost flat. Putting "something" under the keyboard seems to hinder it from working too.
If you can type at a reasonable speed on a wired keyboard, you will need to "s l o w d o w n" your typing with this one or get missed keystrokes. It is especially annoying with passwords which I tend to type faster as I type that sequence of characters more often. With "something" under the keyboard to lift it up, I found I got more missed key strokes.

One reviewer said there are no LEDs for "Caps lock" and "Num lock", the one I received does have them both. They are in the usual position over on the top right hand side. They are a little dim and unusually, magenta when lit. There is also an LED that appears to be for the battery, I guess I'll have to wait to see if it lights up when the batteries are going flat.

The instructions that come with it are a two page leaflet with the bare minimum of information in tiny print. The author went to the "lets state the obvious" school of document writing. It does have one curious section at the end about "Resetting to Factory Defaults". To reset both the mouse and keyboard you need THREE hands! You need to press the Esc and K key and the right and middle buttons on the mouse. I cannot do both with one hand. You then need to plug IN the USB do-dad with your third hand. There is however no explanation of why you would want to do this factory reset. I'm assuming, if there are two or more of these close by, they need to be paired up.

Over all they are moderately priced, for a cheap keyboard/mouse. Let down down by a few little problems which appear to have been ignored/overlooked by the manufacturer. With a few little tweaks it would be a really good keyboard/mouse. I do not plan on using it much. I have a remote for watching TV and recordings with Mythtv. Sometime I'll have to see if I did need to reboot to get it working, but it is so far to walk to unplug the USB do-dad. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Feb. 2011
This product is brilliant. It arrived after two days, I plugged in the USB receiver (that is amount 3mm long) before booting up and everything just worked (Windows XP). I didn't have to sync anything, I didn't have to press anything, it just worked. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Keyboard and Mouse, 28 Oct. 2013
I decided to buy a new wireless keyboard and mouse after I accidentally dropped the old keyboard and damaged it. I chose the Technet because it was cheap. I was pleased when I installed the mouse and keyboard, to discover that unlike the old wireless device I had previously, only one USB port was taken up by the wireless dongle device used to communicate with the computer. The old one took up two. Only one battery for keyboard and one for the mouse was needed. Previously it was two for each device.
One thing to look out for is that the keyboard is laid out in the American fashion. But that is no problem for me as I have had a wired american keyboard previously. So I'm used to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars tecknet keyboard and mouse, 19 May 2011
i ordered this item at the beginning of the week and it was delivered within two days which was good as i was in a hurry to get the item. it its really simple to set up, just plug in the receiver and go. the media buttons are very helpful, although it would be better if you could map them to what you would like, instead they are mapped to:

mute
volume up/down
play/pause
open media player
my computer
calculator (not really useful unless you use it alot)
home page

the buttons are very comfortable to type with and the mouse is shaped for comfort also. there is a flexible wrist rest on the keyboard which is good if you work at a desk. the mouse has two buttons on the side for forward and back on the web which is a nice extra. the stylish black Finnish is also very nice.

i think for the price of it, it is definitely worth it, very cheap but good quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2.4G Keyboard Mouse, 25 Jan. 2014
Short review of this usb receiver made by Mosart Semi 0x062a 0x4101 and associated keyboard and mouse
As usual the usb receiver is in the mouse.

2 AA batteries are required, one for the mouse and one for the keyboard. Rechargeables work well.
The battery compartment lid on the back of the keyboard is small and flimsy, not the best but that is to be expected at this price range.

It was simply plug in the usb receiver dongle and off you go.

Like others have said it is a US layout keyboard.
Changing to OPERATING SYSTEM prefs to British layout produced the right UK results but obviously the keyboard keys are fixed.
The Caps Lock indication could be better - faint orange (on) and faint green (off) are not the best for me.
Cannot map the multimedia keys with AROS yet, but will keep trying.
The keyboard is big and full size, functional and OK without being spectacular.

The optical mouse feels better than the keyboard in use.

Generally good for the price, there are better but you have to pay more.

5.0 out of 5 stars super dupa!, 30 Oct. 2013
I got fed up using wired keyboards and mice for a computer placed on a small table in the pharmacy. ordered this and although not the same product quality as the dell we were using. it never the less does a great job of working with the computer. all it required was connecting the blue tooth device found in the box to a usb port on the hard drive and away you go. it even has an led light for caps lock. the mouse is simple and great to use. I would recommend this any day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with service, 18 Aug. 2014
Very happy with service. Arrived the very next day.

First impressions. Keyboard and mice are very easy to setup. Have had bad experience before with using wireless, mainly the lag between the time you type and the characters appear on the screen. But this is very responsive. With this keyboard and mice, I do not feel any difference compared to the wired set I used before.

3.0 out of 5 stars feels good but doesn;t work for gaming, 19 Nov. 2013
the mouse is fine, no problem and i am still using it. but the keyboard is impossible to use for games- warcraft and battlefield 3 are unplayable due to the mysterious lag. this might be a problem all wireless keyboards might experience but as i cannot fix it (i've tried) i have reverted to a wired keyboard despite it being old and annoying. the lag is peculiar and there isn;t much info on the internet about it. sometimes moving forward and then to the side - or using the mouse as a taregetting device or just to look around- causes the keyboard to not take a new keypress or else it carries on in the direction even when the key is released. until this issue has a solution i would not recommend any wireless keyboard unless it is known to work through this problem. for general computing i have found it ok to use with no lag.