4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe - watch the sizing
This is an excellent shoe. Really comfortable and well made.

The only thing to watch for is the sizing. I am a size 9 normally but I had to get size 9.5 in the Merrell shoe. Some posts here said they were a size 9 but had to order size 11. I couldn't quite believe that but ordering at least a 0.5 size above would be advisable.

Apart from that...
Published on 13 Dec 2010 by sprocketman

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing a problem
Tried on this shoe in a shop. Normally I am a UK size 10.5. In the shop though the size 11 was a perfect fit. Thought I would go for a cheaper amazon purchase and so ordered online. Size 11 arrived but it was far too small! Sent it back and got a size 12 sent to me which was far too big! Credit to Amazon and I had no problems with returns and a refund.

In...
Published 16 months ago by Mr Joe Metcalfe

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe - watch the sizing, 13 Dec 2010
This is an excellent shoe. Really comfortable and well made.

Apart from that you'll be able to walk in these all day and your feet will still feel good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Footwear to change your life, 5 May 2013
This is the 5th pair of Merrell Moab's that I've bought and for many good reasons:
a) They are incredibly comfortable - it's like a huge pressure has been removed from your feet when you put them on.
b) They look good - not too sporty and not too dull.
c) They last - these are pretty much the only footwear I have and I only replace them every 12 months or so (for purely aesthetic reasons.)
d) They are great value for money. especially if you buy them on Amazon and get them for way less than high street.
e) They are versatile and dependable - the breathable Gortex and trusty Vibram sole means they perform in any weather condition so that your feet don't get sweaty in the summer or wet through in the winter.

I recommend these to anyone that will listen.

Please note though that they are a small fitting so buy a size larger than you normally take.

5.0 out of 5 stars the most comfortable walking shoes i've ever owned, 4 May 2012
These are amazing . They are very comfortable and I just cannot really believe how good they are. It feels just like wearing comfortable trainers and yet the support they offer is better than most walking boots

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes, soooo comfy!, 18 Jan 2013
I have been wearing Merrells for about 12 years now and cannot fault them. So comfy for daily wear and hiking, and they also look great!

This is the 2nd pair I have had of this particular type and I absolutely love them. My one niggle with them is the reason for the 2nd pair... they are a bit tight compared to other Merrells. I would suggest buying a half size bigger than you normally get, otherwise they are tight and a bit short. I went a half size bigger on the 2nd pair and they are now the best fit and most comfortable Merrells I've owned! Bit strange as I've always been a Merrell size 9 but never mind!

Buy them! Just buy a half size bigger when you do!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing a problem, 4 May 2013

In the end I went back to the shop and bought the non gortex version of this shoe which is super comfortable. This time the size 12 fitted.

Summary: great shoe but get it fitted in a shop rather than rely on the sizing working for you on an online purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 25 Sep 2011
This is a really sturdy trainer, breathable, and waterproof - probably the most comfortable one I have worn. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars best shoe ever, 7 Oct 2012
I am a milkman, and over the years I have tried every type of shoe, and trainer. These are expensive, but they are the best. They keep my feet dry in all weathers. they are very comfortable, and they last me for about nine months per pair. Any other shoe will last me 3-5months tops. So for walking and working, these are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable walking shoe!, 12 Dec 2011
These shoes are very comfortable for walking / hiking. I tried on so many other makes but these Merrell's, that might I say I had never heard of, are excellent. We haven't done the waterproof test yet though! In the dry, brilliant!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of buying Merrell Shoes from Amazon, 31 July 2014
Hello - I bought a pair of these shoes 11 months ago. To be fair they have been pretty good BUT the sole has started to come off one of the shoes and they haven't had a hard life. Merrell claim to provide a 1 year warranty but when I contacted them they insisted that I needed to deal direct with Amazon. When I contacted Amazon they deny any responsibility after their 30 day standard return period and refer me back to Merrell. Unfortunately Merrell remain equally adamant that it's Amazon's problem and so the circle of denial continues. I'm not sure who is correct to be honest and after having spent the best part of an our on the phone I can no longer be bothered dealing with either company as the customer service from both is very poor. I'm just going to buy another brand of shoes but this time from a proper shop so that I can take them back in the event of there being any problems. You have been warned!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Comfortable and Durable Footwear - The Volkswagen Golf of Shoes, 7 Sep 2014
Bill Mason (England) - See all my reviews
I bought a pair of these hiking shoes from the Go Outdoors store in Oxford, about 18 months ago. I spent over two hours in the store, and tried on over 20 different types of shoe, primarily from Merrell and Salomon, but these were the stand out pair. They are extremely comfortable and well cushioned, and they hug the foot including the arch and heel, perfectly. They almost seem to put a bounce in your step. I wear them in all weathers, they are waterproof and well aerated, and have a feeling of sturdiness which makes them a sheer pleasure to wear. They are not too bulky and cumbersome for driving, and they are lightweight and tough enough for a very long walk. I work in an office as a solicitor, which is about the only time when I don't wear these shoes. They are not designed for jogging, and the materials used are a little too thick for very hot weather, but these are the only two chinks in the armour which I can think of. They are more comfortable than any pair of trainers, or plimsolls, or even slippers, that I've ever owned, which is an amazing testament to their design. I'm 46 years old and I've never owned another pair of shoes as comfortable as these ones. They still look really good after 18 months of almost daily use. I can thoroughly recommend these walking shoes if you're looking for a good all-round pair of walking shoes, superb quality and worth every single penny I spent on them.