5.0 out of 5 stars Walking on sunshine
An outstanding price for a real quality product.
The item was virtually half price, and delivery was quick.
Like all Merrell footwear, they are instantly comfortable and any distance or terrain is literally 'a walk in the park'.
Be careful on the sizing though, I aleady own other Merrell footwear and always need a size larger than I normally take.
If...
Published on 28 Jun 2009 by D. M. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars This should not happen.
I read all the reviews on the best walking shoes and finally, despite the warnings above, decided to get the Intercept. I am a size-9, hence based on the advice of other reviewers, went for a size 10.
I was quite impressed with my shoes when it finally arrived. The shoes looked quite solid and very well made. I immediately wore it for a long walk.
I must say...
Published on 15 Nov 2009 by U. Akpan

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking on sunshine, 28 Jun 2009
D. M. Brown "Daddy Dave" (Northampton England) - See all my reviews
An outstanding price for a real quality product.
The item was virtually half price, and delivery was quick.
If they last anything like as long as my others, then there's miles and miles of comfort to be had.

5.0 out of 5 stars size matters, 8 Aug 2009
Mr. John R. Tuckey (UK) - See all my reviews
I concur with 'daddy dave' fantastic shoes, but you really do need a size up from your normal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, 15 July 2009
Matthew Morrow "MJM" (Verona, Italy) - See all my reviews
These are the first Merrell's I have bought and they are fantastic, from the first moment I put them on I could feel the difference in comfort from my old trainers. They are very well made and the quality is impressive. If you haven't bought Merrell before, do it, the Intercept is good and I am now looking for the next line up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Check your sizing, 22 Feb 2010
Foxile - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
As with other reviewers, I would suggest going AT LEAST one size larger than the usual UK size for these shoes. I'm a size 10 normally, but even the size 11 pinch far too much to be comfortable. Sadly they were worn for a extended period and have seen 'action' so can't be replaced.

If you get the size right, there is no doubt these are a great shoe. The quality is obvious, the sole is comfortable and the support means they are easily worn for hours on end, just make sure you get the right size !

3.0 out of 5 stars This should not happen., 15 Nov 2009
U. Akpan (Dublin, Ireland.) - See all my reviews
I must say that I was mildly irritated at how tightly the shoes fit, despite going for a size larger than my usual size. At the end of my walk, my right toes were quite sore and nearly blistering.

I am quite disappointed that this is happening, hence my scoring this product a 3*. There should be quality control that should standardize these Merrell products. I am now conflicted if I should have gotten a size 11; that is two sizes larger than my usual size! Very disappointing, I must say.

*Update: 30/11/2009.
I returned the 'undersized shoe above and promptly obtained a refund for the shoe. I loved the design and build quality so much that decided to purchase a size 11. This is 2 sizes above my normal size 9!!
Guess what, I've been very happy with this shoe since. As I speak, I've done approximately 15 miles on it and I have to say it was worth every pound spent. I have a nagging suspicion that the American sizes may have inadvertently found their way into their UK stock and have been sold as UK size; if this is so, it's quite unfortunate, but we may never know. My advise is, buy 2 sizes larger than your normal size. A solid product, but shame about the quality (size) control.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor fitting, 9 July 2013
K. R. Fellows - See all my reviews
These shoes look good, more's the pity then that Merrell haven't given more attention to sizing. All the comments about them being too small or too narrow are entirely justified. They are!
I ordered an extra half size up from my usual size and the fitting is still tighter than I would have wished from the mid foot onwards. Strangely the fitting is conversely a bit too sloppy from the mid foot backwards. How can a company like Merrell get something so fundamental so wrong? I'm hoping they will mould themselves to my feet over time. We shall see!

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy well-made shoe, but try before you buy!, 1 Oct 2009
Andrew Kerr "Alabony" (Dunfermline, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I like Merrell shoes. I've had about 6 pairs in all. In every Merrell shoe I've ever had, I've always been a UK11/EUR45 size. So, I felt confident in buying this shoe on Amazon, knowing it should fit me no problem. But, bizarrely, it feels about 1/2 to 3/4 of a size smaller than all my other Merrells. Unfortunately, I didn't really discover this until I'd worn them pretty much all day walking round a city, and got a blister. Don't think I can justify sending them back as being faulty, so having to use them for occasional walking use, and cycling. Which is fine, and they're very nice shoes. But I would strongly recommend trying them on in a shop before then deserting them to buy from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, hardy shoes., 30 Dec 2011
I've had a pair of these exact shoes for well over two years now, in constant use as my normal shoes. They are extremely comfortable and tough and well worth the money. They've only just started to wear out in the last few months, but I know exactly what I'll be replacing them with: another pair of the same shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable shoes I own at a great price, 3 Sep 2011
I recently bought these as I am working in Glasgow and I am walking into work and back every day (5 easy miles thanks to these shoes). Unfortunately though, these shoes are so cushioned and supportive, I am reluctant to wear anything else (my poor adidas trainers look at me rejectedly nowadays!)
Listen to the all the other reviewers and buy a size up. I got 10s as I am a UK 9 and they fit perfectly. oh, and I think they look the bees, too, unlike earlier merrell shoes which look overly chunky, these are perfect for urban use. I've got walking boots for muddy mountain walks, these merrells are ideal for street bashing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best trainer ever in my humble opinion!, 8 Aug 2011
I've recently bought my second pair of Merrell Intercept trainers. This time I went 1.5 sizes up as their sizing is somewhat er..wrong! I think the conversion from foreign (US?) to UK is wrong.

It is an absolutely brilliant shoe though. Real leather with very tough materials inside and on the sole.
This is a shoe that keeps the water out, the rubbish out and doesn't stink to high heaven when you sweat in it - which you will won't you, because that is what we humans do!

The support under the arch is perfect and the foot deformation on hills, craggs and other uneven surfaces - which is paramount in a decent trainer crossover shoe - is hard to beat.
Personally, I would buy these over any other trainer x country shoe. I don't even know they are on.

I have an old pair which I wore for 2 years and the only bit that is truly worn is the sole. Even then it is far from burned out! I use them now for DIY building jobs and - weirdly enough - mountain biking. Yes, these are great if you don't want to go down the route of cleats and really expensive MTB kit. They are tough, sure, warm, water resistant (or water proof if you treat them nice) and they still look ok on the dance floor.
(Well, maybe not. But buy them - just add 1.0 to 1.5 on to the size depending on what socks you like!!