5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sound at a good price
Published 16 months ago by Tony Lilley

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice item unless it packs up
I enjoyed this audio system for just over a year; then the lights went out.
Amazon put me in touch with the importer who was pleasant but couldn't do anything.
Hence 3 stars not the 5 stars I'd give for sound quality and value when working.
Published 6 months ago by Moondial

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sound at a good price, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Edifier C2 Plus 2.1 Multimedia Audio Speaker System with External Amplifier (Accessory)
I bought this sound system to replace my very old worn out amp and speakers I use for the TV and BlueRay player that we use to listen to CD's as well as films. It has 2 inputs making it perfectly good for my use. I am only interested in stereo sound so a 2.1 system is perfectly good enough. The sound quality is amazing with very good bass in fact I have turned it down slightly but I need the treble (top end) turned right up. This might be due to my hearing that is lacking at the top end these days ! There is plenty of wire to the speakers so they can be easily positioned and can be hung on a wall if required. I have the bass unit on the floor next to our TV with the AMP on top. The amplifier can be operated from front panel controls but I always use the little remote control that works very well. It's best to leave the amp on standby by just pressing the MUTE button otherwise it looses the bass and treble settings. It can be turned up very loud but we use it mostly on level 22. The volume, bass and treble levels are displayed on the amps front panel with a red LED display. It is certainly better than anything we've had in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best PC Speakers Yet for the Price, 23 Jun 2012
SteveH (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
I have been searching for some time for good quality, reasonably priced speakers to attach to my laptop. This Edifier C2 Plus 2.1 system does just that. The sound quality is excellent, probably due in no small part to the wooden construction of the speaker cases (very rare), and that each case has twin speakers within. The separate amplifier is almost unique and a great feature, especially as a remote control is included for volume, bass, treble and mute functions...............a real bonus. Very few systems offer a remote control. The speakers and sub woofer are larger than normal PC speakers, but not enormously so, so please measure carefully. It is also worth noting that the system is fitted with an European 2 pin plug. Not a problem though, Amazon offers a range of cheap, good value converter plugs, transforming it into a UK spec. 3 pin plug.
I am so pleased that I purchased the Edifier C2 Plus sound system, it has just transformed my music and gaming enjoyment on my laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rich Sound, 17 Sep 2013
I didnt realise how antiquated my music centre was until i bought the EdifierC2.
The rich tone that it gives out is incredible for such a low cost system. I hear instruments that i did not know were on the CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 23 July 2011
Having read all of the other reviews, I was a little disappointed with the initial sound. I found it to be a bit muddy with a boomy bass. I reduced the bass and increased the treble, which helped a lot, but they still didn't sound great. I decided to experiment with the woofer position & found that by moving it into a corner, the bass increased and became deeper. This allowed me to reduce the bass level further, then moving the small speakers to a new position almost level with my ears, the sound suddenly improved dramatically. The imaging is now very good & transients jump out in the right places. Bass & treble, whilst not being top end Hi-Fi, are nevertheless excellent for speakers in this price range. Being able to switch between my PC & iPod using the remote control is also very handy. The sound through the CD player of my laptop is really better than it should be for this money. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars would sound even better. I did this by getting this, 14 Sep 2014
Mr. D. Kingsman (Glasgow UK) - See all my reviews
I'm building PC's all the time and had this idea that you can buy any set of speakers to accommodate the PC. The more I researched it they basically said that with a DAC or amplifier, would sound even better. I did this by getting this, which is a slightly older version of what you can get by Edifier and paired with a great sound card like my Asus Xonar Phoebus, the audio sounds great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice item unless it packs up, 3 Jun 2014
I enjoyed this audio system for just over a year; then the lights went out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for the price, 21 May 2014
I bought these as a replacement for my aged and slightly broken altec lansing fx4021s, a speaker set I had paid about £90 a fair few years ago.

After setting these up and testing them with a few of my fave songs, games and youtube vids, I couldn't be happier.

The set looks classier than the photo gives credit for, the amp/head unit gives all the functions you really need and none of the excess rubbish that you dont (unlike some other speaker sets). The sound is really clear and easily adjustable to your tastes with variable bass/treble. Despite having a lower wattage rating than my old set they are quite a bit louder too.

I will say that setting them up about ear level makes them miles better, luckily they have a simple screw slot in the back so mounting them to the wall is possible.

Overall, yes there are far better speakers out there, but you would be very hard pushed to find better for the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Regret not spending more., 15 May 2014
I wish I'd spent a bit more money on a better system. The build of the amplifier is pretty lightweight and looks pretty cheap and tacky. The sub-woofer works quite well but after just a couple of the months, the speakers are crackling, and again - look pretty cheap, tacky and lightweight. The other problem for me is that plugging headphones into the amplifier was pointless. Even with the volume turned up to max it's still really quiet, and the sound comes through really compressed.

An ok item for the price, but I'd advise spending more on something better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 7 Feb 2014
They can go very loud and the lemote is a great addition. I thought i'd need a plug converter but it came with normal 3 pronged plug socket thing. Bass is very good and the quiality of music played is at a very good standard!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job nicely, 3 Feb 2014
A. E. Rothery (England) - See all my reviews
Perfect for PC audio.
A few observations: After turning on, the amp reverts to default settings so your treble and base will have to be re-set to your preferences. Also the volume goes to the middle setting (30).
The power switch is at the back which is a little inconvenient and I would have preferred a switch to turn the headphone socket on/off. As it is when you change from speakers to headphones and vice versa, you have to unplug your headphones each time.
A minor irritation, having the amp the same dimensions as the speakers would have been nice.