5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive product
I was a little sceptical about this product. I tried an earlier version of dragon's software about five years ago, and I wasn't impressed by the speed or accuracy of the particular package that I used.

However, I've been absolutely blown away by Dragon version 10. I installed the Standard version on my XP machine about one hour ago and, after running through...
Published on 2 Sep 2008 by chris

3.0 out of 5 stars Impressive software. Good mike. Painful headset.
Within minutes of completing the acoustic optimisation procedure after installation you will be surprised at how quickly and naturally you can speak and how accurate the voice recognition is. For me, it was about 98% accurate and much faster than typing.
Unfortunately, this was spoiled by a headset that pinches, even after being adjusted for size, and leaves you with...
Published on 13 Nov 2008 by A reader

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, I wouldn't even give it one star, 16 July 2010
N. J. G. Millar (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragon NaturallySpeaking Standard 10.0 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This software is useless. even simple sentences like He opened the door it cannot get right, and that's after me putting it into the training session.

save your money and ignore this software

2.0 out of 5 stars Do you listen to what I say?, 2 Jun 2010
chilli pug (Suffolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Hmm!
Never used any voice recognition software before. I have had voice training in my work and speak clearly. After two hours playing around with the software I produced the following

"Hi thank you for your e-mail I will be in the link on Friday for direct ship's for direct ship's take feet a 57 to link I just before the roundabout we see a 46 day to tie me to the left which is signposted suture which is hospital which you take root's to operate for a round on while a half.. People come to a set of traffic lights were used for left.co Opera present you got up the hill I come to another around about where you turned again into said (840 says IT will be a race to build the should off to her say it to me to the right which is set to ship present if you touch time into and then you turn to your right you end up in the Pol Pot of the pavilion flats and if if you call me pop come to unlock my car parks space equal Paco Cao"

Hilarious?? Well it is supposed to be directions for a meeting. I guess more practice if I can be bothered!

4.0 out of 5 stars dragon, 14 April 2009
Mrs. L. R. Kinchenton (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragon NaturallySpeaking Standard 10.0 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Standard 10.0 (PC DVD)
works well. Takes a bit of time to train to voice but overall good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragon Naturally Speaking Standard 10., 5 Mar 2009
C. R. Helps (Hampshire, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragon NaturallySpeaking Standard 10.0 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
In my experience this product is of no value whatsoever.
Here's why.

The supplied headset head band was shaped to fit no human that I am familiar with. Fashioned from a plastic material more brittle than pliable it snapped on my first attempt to mould it to my head. It was thus rendered totally useless.

The software refused to install on my system running the 64 bit version of Windows Vista (Business).

In my opinion the support section of the supplier's website for this product is designed to discourage support requests, the customer support request questionaire being irritatingly complex.

A total disappointment and waste of money.

2.0 out of 5 stars No miracle!, 9 May 2009
This review is from: Dragon NaturallySpeaking Standard 10.0 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
If you're expecting miracles,you'll be disappointed!
If you can manage it, perhaps the Preferred version would be better?

Dragon NaturallySpeaking Standard 10.0 (PC DVD)
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Standard 10.0 (PC DVD) by Nuance Communications, Inc. (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
58.95