5.0 out of 5 stars Wii game
Great fun for all the family and the games are slightly different from some other sport games
Published on 6 Mar 2010 by D. Kilby

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth gatecrashing
Published on 17 July 2008 by liz Bentley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth gatecrashing, 17 July 2008
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sports Party (Wii) (Video Game)
Having tried the Wii sports, I thought that this would be a welcomed addition to the Wii games.I was wrong the games are SLOW and the computer won't let you play games on your own so you have to play against 3 other computer generated opponents which can become boring waiting for the computer to finish playing shots,I found the croquet and mini golf frustrating and stopped playing , didn't bother with the other games as I was bored by then.

2.0 out of 5 stars not for me!, 16 July 2008
R. Ford "Spanky" (somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sports Party (Wii) (Video Game)
After buying beach sports and owning the impressive wii sports i was happy to get wii sports party. I was dissapointed. The gameplay is poor and the controls are awkward. Some games are ok, others are frustrating and the rest are just rubbish. Most games were slow, the golf was jittery, basketball was hard to master and croquet isnt really a sport. maybe i need more practice, or maybe play zone need to spend more time making playable games rather than rushing 9mini half decent ones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 21 July 2008
This review is from: Sports Party (Wii) (Video Game)
Seriously - don't bother wasting your money on this - it's dreadful

I was so disappointed with it....I thought volleyball and croquet etc.would be fun to play but the gameplay is terrible...and as another reviewer said , on the individual games it's frustrating having to watch the other three participants take their shots (and there's no way to change that)

Certainly not a game to play on your own...maybe it'd be better with other people, but then i doubt i'd embarass myself by letting friends and family play it

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 21 Nov 2008
Lynsey Morgan "buttercup" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sports Party (Wii) (Video Game)
In fact why don't you dig a hole in the garden and put a tenner in there, bury it and then sit on top of it and bash yourself about the head with the shovel, because that is by far more fun than this game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Party but a damp squib, 14 Dec 2008
Ke Tucker "karent3" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sports Party (Wii) (Video Game)
I bought Wii Fit after reading the reviews here on Amazon (never regretted it) and only wish I had read the reviews for Sports Party before buying it. Compared to Wii Sports, Sports Party is very poor indeed. It's not user friendly, moving from one game to another is unnecessarily slow and even the manual explaining how to work the Wii remote for the games looks cheap. I had a go at the croquet-too slow a game and not really exciting. I was looking forward to the badminton as I really enjoy the tennis on Wii Sports. To say it was disappointing is an understatement. It doesn't show your shots up close but shows the match from a distance-it's like being a spectator at a match rather than taking part. And where's the fun in that? I also would have preferred it if the Mii characters were in the games instead of the athletic characters they have. I'm afraid I didn't party with this game at all and have gone back to my tennis!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful!, 18 July 2008
This review is from: Sports Party (Wii) (Video Game)
There is a reason this game is under a tenner, I still feel robbed after paying such a small amount for this dross! Buy Big Beach Sports, much more fun and you get much much more for your money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Painful!, 21 July 2008
Deborah (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sports Party (Wii) (Video Game)
Got this as part of my Wii bundle but took it straight back and exchanged it. It was the first game I played after Wii Sports and I was appalled at how bad a game this high in the charts could be. The games are tediously slow, drawing play out to such an extent that you end up not caring who wins or loses - I rarely bothered to stay with a game to its conclusion. Also, the camera angles can leave you feeling completely detached from the action and the Wiimote actions barely seem to affect performance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, 12 Sep 2008
P. N. Downes "topdog" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sports Party (Wii) (Video Game)
How disappointing is this game!! Might aswell throw your controller away beceause the game doesn't seem to do what u want it to do. Am shocked

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money, 24 Aug 2008
This review is from: Sports Party (Wii) (Video Game)
First of all I'd like to reiterate what was said in the 3 reviews before me although i do think that the first 2 have been generous with their stars(sorry guys).

I was really looking forward to playing on this game and was very very disappointed, its absolutely RUBBISH.

When playing the badminton and volleyball games you'd expect the camera to be fixed on yourself like it is in the Wii Sport Tennis game but it is not, its all over the place so its really hard it find your correct swing and game rhythm.

And the rest of the games are just as hard and frustrating, its a good job that the Wii remote comes with a strap as you feel like throwing it at your TV.

I luckily was able to return mine to the shop in which i brought it after saying there was an a problem with the disc(naughty i know but i paid £17.99 when its not even worth i fiver) after a frustrating hour on the game i sat in front of my computer and looked to see how much they were selling for on ebay, and they seemed to have very little interest some are selling for a tenner others just aren't selling at all, which i think says a lot.

On the positive side though it has taught me never to buy a game on impulse again (i was very lucky to get my money back), always read reviews first - lesson learnt.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Not quite a party of sports, 16 Aug 2008
This review is from: Sports Party (Wii) (Video Game)
By and far the most disappointing game I've ever had the unfortunate pleasure in obtaining for the Wii.

The controls are very difficult to get to grips with, the text on the screen - especially the instructions - is naff, tiny and useless. Bypassing that, the games themselves are very slow, and quite unrealistic in every way. If you're looking for a good sports game, my advice is to totally avoid this appalling game and go for any of the others on the market instead.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sports Party (Wii)
Sports Party (Wii) by Ubisoft (Nintendo Wii)