Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 16 July 2011
The Honeywell HT-216E 12" Oscillating Table Fan is a great looking fan, which will certainly keep you extremely cool - Buy it!

Positives:
Effective cooling.
This fan has 3 speed settings. This fan's lowest speed (1) provides more cooling than my old plastic fan did at top speed.
Stylish design.
Low cost for a high quality fan (the same fan is around £50 in large stores in the UK).
Quality metal blades (no cheap plastic blades here).

Negatives:
Slightly noisier than a plastic-bladed fan, but you will get used to it.
on 20 February 2012
Not the quietest of fans, but what made me purchase this was the 3yr warranty when most are a single yr. I've been through 4 fans in the past 2 years so let's see how this one performs.
on 5 July 2015
The trade off with fans seems to be a typical trinity of factors. Price, power & noise.
If you want it powerful and quiet it will not be cheap
If you want it cheap and quiet it will not be powerful.
If you want it cheap and powerful it will not be quiet - such is the case with this one.

- See people moaning about the assembly. I personally didn't have any problems with it. Had the thing together pretty sharpish. The instructions seem hardly useful, it's fairly self evident.
on 24 September 2012
This is a good product. It was easy to assemble, it is very powerful but still quiet and it looks nice. I would recommend this product - Good value for money
on 18 August 2013
This was the quietest fan I have ever bought, just the gentle woosh of air. I really don't understand how others have found it noisy unless they had a faulty fan. It works well, looks good, and I am well pleased with this purchase.
on 25 June 2015
The best fan I've ever bought. It's sturdy. It never feels like it's going to topple over. It's fairly quiet and it pushes a lot of air. It looks quite stylish as well. I'm not sure I'll go back to plastic fans again.
on 6 August 2010
I bought this fan to replace an old white fan that had become a bit rattley that i had in my bedroom.I saw it with other online retailers at a much higher price so was very pleased when i saw it cheaper with amazon.I was seduced by the look of it and was happy with the look when it was assembled, however i would say if you are buying it for use in a bedroom don't unless you are hard of hearing as it resembles a jumbo jet for noise when switched on. I would have been better off keeping my old one.
on 10 July 2015
As fans often arrive with assembly required, it was not a surprise that this one did too. However this one was so simple that even though we didn't have a screwdriver we managed it with a pair of scissors instead!

Performance-wise, it coped well in the awful heat that we had recently and was able to keep the tiny student room we used it in habitable, even with three people in there on the hottest day of the year. The features are all as you would expect- three different settings, the ability to tilt the head and switch between static and oscillating. It did everything that I needed and performed incredible, very impressed.
on 18 September 2013
This fan is very noisy - we have two others in the house and this one is much louder than those - not great for sleeping. It also doesn't oscillate smoothly unlike the others - not recommended..
on 31 May 2012
This is a great looking and very effective fan.

The only reason this scores a four and not a five is that sometimes when taking the speed down from two to one it makes a very high pitched sqealing noise.

Having said that - most nights it is so effective that I only have to have it on a low setting. This has replaced a tower fan and is far more effective that the old one!

I'd recommend this highly.