4.0 out of 5 stars Good labels, though wish we could select our own spices....
Published on 12 Jun 2010 by TeeMat

2.0 out of 5 stars spice labels
was not impressed by these labels. they did not stick to the jars very well and kept coming off. also found the postage charges very expensive.
Published on 15 Dec 2009 by Mrs. M. Downes

4.0 out of 5 stars Good labels, though wish we could select our own spices...., 12 Jun 2010
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Vinyl Spice Labels, Pack of 50 (Kitchen & Home)
What I mean is, it would be great if over the computer we could select the 50 spice names we wanted and then could have them printed out. Obviously they would cost more--and who knows, likely there already is a company that does this! I thought the price (both for the product and the shipping) was high, so I went to a local kitchen shop and paid a lower price with no shipping, of course. The company is the same.

I do a lot of Indian cooking, as well as western. For western cooking, it had most of the spices I would use, however for Indian it lacked a lot, so I have had to make my own labels and taped them on--looking quite yuck beside the nice ones! It had the basic Indian spices like coriander, cumin, curry (something an Indian cook would never use!!), turmeric, chilli, cardamon, garam masala, tamarind, fenugreek, ginger and cloves, yet there are so many missing I would have liked to have seen!

All in all though, I think it is a great selection of names for the typical cook and there are only a few I would personally never use (chervil, Caraway, Juniper Berries and Sorrel)

Some reviewers have said theirs did not stick well, however I have no had that problem and have even several times peeled the labels off and replaced them on another container. I am using them on glass and plastic. Maybe after a year or several months they will begin peeling off--I don't know that yet.

I am planning to buy a second set next time I go to the kitchen store to label those items that have two types of spice--like in the case of fenugreek when I have it as a spice and as a leaf.

2.0 out of 5 stars spice labels, 15 Dec 2009
Mrs. M. Downes "bettyboop4" (scotland) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Add a little spice to your life, 3 Mar 2009
Great labels so all your produts look nice in the cupboard or on display.
They are just about the right size. But many I wont use.
So be prepared to possibly not use half of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Labels for Glass Spice Jars, 3 July 2010
I purchased this set of labels because they were see-through and made of vinyl rather than of just sticky paper! They are easily readable and compact enough to be used on small spice and herb jars. Not only were they good value for money, each pack contains 50 labels which will provide you with most of the herbs and spices you tend to use in cooking.

You can also wipe them over with a damp cloth and they won't fall off or become tatty at the edges. So even if you have they are covered with food etc, they are easy to clean.

They also look very smart and are easily readable. A good buy and I am very pleased with them.

2.0 out of 5 stars unsticky, sticky labels......, 31 May 2010
These labels initially stuck to spice jars but now come unstuck/curled at edges regularly. Now have to buy others. Don't rate these highly at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Labels don't stick!, 29 July 2010
These labels are advertised as sticking to any surface. This is not true, as within seconds of being stuck to the surface they start to peel off! We have had to use sticky tape to secure them to our current jars!! DON'T BUY if you want self-adhesive labels!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent set, 15 Feb 2013
The labels arrived very quickly, and look great on the bottles, but I was a little disappointed with the selection of spice labels. I wish there would have been a picture of the list of labels supplied in this kit as there were several I needed which were not available. I also wouldn't call them "reusable" since they started peeling off my glass spice jars after only a day or so. A little glue holds them in place now, though, so it was an easy fix.

1.0 out of 5 stars spice labels, 17 April 2012
The labels looked quite good but sadly do not stick well.I was very disappointed. Not sure why they didn't stick as this is their prime purpose.

3.0 out of 5 stars not very sticky!, 5 Oct 2011
these labels are on the surface absolutely fab, they're clear with black letters so look very good on my clear glass spice jars and they come in the right names exactly the ones you would want to use HOWEVER if you don't end up sticking them in the right place first time or need to reposition them because theyve stuck wonky then they really don't stick down properly again, they appear to stick but then start to unpeal shortly afterwards and i have had to use clear sticky tape to keep them in place for this reason i've only given them the three stars

4.0 out of 5 stars nice and clear, 8 Jun 2011
These were great as they were so much nicer than paper ones and spruced up my new jatrs and exsisting ones perfectly.

ARRAY(0xa3948cc0)