5.0 out of 5 stars Astronomy Domine
I rather lucked out when I originally bought this. It was purchased for a five year old with an interest in astronomy but, as she shared a bedroom with her baby sister then, it also proved itself to be popular with the little one as a really cool mobile. Obviously I had planned that, obviously I had.

The planets are brightly coloured in daylight and really...
Published 18 months ago by Hal Marshall

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, don't buy it.
Published 11 months ago by Honest John

5.0 out of 5 stars Astronomy Domine, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: 3-D Solar System (Toy)

The planets are brightly coloured in daylight and really striking in the darkness. The little labels that identify each one are a bit rubbish and, for any budding astronomer worth their salt, probably a bit redendant. Don't stare, but Pluto has made its way into the box and seems to think it is still a planet. I think it thinks if it doesn't say anything we'll never even notice. It's quite sad really.

The clear plastic wire that is included for the purposes of suspending these majestic bodies from the heavens is quite fiddly to work with. And may the heavens themselves help you if you decide to move them around en masse, because that stuff can knot together in ways that defy conventional physics. Although made of plastic, the planets click together to make very sturdy little structures. I myself have played more than my fair share of celestial conkers with them and all that happens is that the two planetary hemispheres of the loser tend to go their separate ways. The only serious casualty so far has been Saturn's rings, which were rather violently dislodged one afternoon when Comet 'Rolled-up Socks' deviated from its projected course, which was to rendezvous with the Starship Washing Basket. A similar fate befell the Moon in 'Space 1999', I seem to recall. Anyway, Saturn's rings suffered severe damage and have refused point blank to sit at the right sort of angle ever since.

The rest of this mobile is still going strong some four years after I bought it though and it is still a very attractive thing. Most importantly, it has helped to develop both girls' interest in astronomy.

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 20 Nov 2010
This review is from: 3-D Solar System (Toy)
Overall a good buy. Five year old loves it. But just a bit confused as this is called the "Solar System", there is no Sun????? Thought was a bit strange and dissapointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, don't buy it., 29 Dec 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: 3-D Solar System (Toy)
Bought this for my 5.5 year old son as one of his Christmas presents. Read the review and though it sounded good, cheap to buy and easy to set up. That is the good bits. Down side is that the moulding for the Saturn means that instead of the two parts clipping together like the other large planets that are in halves, this doesn't because the two sections are the same except for the ring for attachment. This is was overcome with a blob of super glue but the biggest disappointment was that they DO NOT "Glow in the Dark". This despite being exposed to 4 x 50 watt hallogen lamps for 12 hours.

Of courser this I found out after putting them all together, glueing where required, cutting string, hanging and throwing away packing. How stupid of me to belive what was written on the box !! To avoid disappointment I would suggest that "if" you buy it, exposed them while in the package (one side is open to allow you to see the product) to a strong light and then take them to a dark area and see if they do "glow". If not send them back immedaitely

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product!, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: 3-D Solar System (Toy)
Very good solar system. We bought it for our 1.5 year old son to put in his bedroom. Although he is still very young, he is extremely happy with it. It glows very good in the dark, just make sure you turn the light on for a minute or more just before bedtime, so they charge up properly. Our son always clappes his hands in delight saying "Wow,wow, wow, what's this?!". Even all the little stars glow properly, never mind the planets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and educational, 11 Feb 2010
This review is from: 3-D Solar System (Toy)
My son loves this planet mobile! It does take a while to put all the bits together and thread it all ready for hanging but the planets do look really good when they are finally up. The only downside was that one of the planets didn't really glow properly in the dark (can't remember which one!). But overall a pretty good buy and a nice addition to my son's room.

5.0 out of 5 stars super solar system, 26 Feb 2012
This review is from: 3-D Solar System (Toy)
I bought this for my 8 year old who absolutely loves it, it was easy to assemble and has a lovely gentle glow - perfect for enjoyment and not keeping awake. We're really pleased !

5.0 out of 5 stars Best £11.99 I have spent!, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: 3-D Solar System (Toy)
I always check reviews before I buy anything but take them with a pinch of salt, however the good reviews of this product are more than deserved. I am so pleased with this purchase. It took a while to put together but when it was finished it looked amazing. The glow in the dark planets and stars created a realistic galaxy on the ceiling of the room and I have never seen my sons so excited to go to bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 20 Feb 2010
This review is from: 3-D Solar System (Toy)
I bought this for Christmas for my 10 year old son. He absolutely loved it and we had great fun putting it together, pinning up the planets and sticking all the glow stars all over his walls and ceiling. Well, that night, his room looked like a proper planetarium, with glowing planets (Saturn and Jupiter being the favourites!) and stars twinkling. It was like looking up into a clear night sky only better! This was his favourite pressie, and going to bed is now much more fun! Thoroughly recommended toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it, 10 Aug 2010
This review is from: 3-D Solar System (Toy)
Bought this for my 4 yr old son who is getting an interest in space, rockets, etc. We all think it's great. Easy to put together and very effective when all the lights are off and it glows in the dark. This is something that will be useful for many years as his learning develops. The only downside is I'm going to have to buy another one for my 8yr old daughter now as she wants one too. Not really a downside though as we all love it. No hesitations in recommending.

2.0 out of 5 stars Solar System ( yeah right ), 11 Oct 2010
Dev "Dev" (Cardiff, Wales UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: 3-D Solar System (Toy)
Bought this for my 6 Year old , thought it would be a good educational toy. Was I wrong! it looks like a 2 year old has painted it, none of the cheap plastic balls look like the planets they are representing it may as well be from a different solar system : /.
Cheap rubbish , don't waste your money.

3-D Solar System