5.0 out of 5 stars Really Does The Job, 24 Nov. 2012
Even though cheaper versions are available, I always rip out the insoles of my sports shoes (Running; Badminton; Cricket and even Lawn Bowls) and replace them with these. Not only are they much more comfortable but they really do help your ankles and knees absorb the shocks. I have an old knee injury (Football) and since wearing these it flairs up very rarely. If you value your joints and can afford them, buy them NOW.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shock aborbsion on the market, 16 Dec. 2011
Jean Boisvert "JB" (Dubai, UAE) - See all my reviews
This must be the 8th pair of 2mm or 4mmm Neone I buy. I have put them under the regular insoles of all my Ecco gore-tex shoes that are too "roomy" for my feet. With the Neone shock absorbtion capability, I have found myself walking miles and miles without my feet hurting. And I am a city walker (London, New York etc...) where you mostly walk on sidewalks. I cannot recommend them enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but harsh on the foot, 21 Sept. 2011
Mr. Ross Maynard (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I have used the Noene AVC insoles for a number of years and found them good but they don't last too well in my running shoes so I have switched to these more expensive 4mm shock absorbing insoles. These insoles are certainly more sturdy than the AVCs being made of a fairly dense rubbery substance - so they should last longer. My only problem with them is that their upper surface is fairly rough and is harsh on my feet causing soreness and blisters even through socks. A softer fabric on top would be most welcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Nov. 2012
These soles are excellent for anyone that suffers from shin splints. I've been running for almost 20 years now and for at least the last 12 years I've been suffering with shin splints which have become progressively worse. My shin splints flared up to a point where I could no longer run at all after running 2 marathons on 2010.

After resting for 6 months I was eager to get back on the saddle again and some friends compression socks to me which I tried and they do actually help quite a lot but even with using them and icing my shins after every run I was still in a lot of pain. I decided to do some research and these Noene soles seemed to have the best reviews and so I ordered but really didn't have very high expectations for them. I was pleasantly surprised, they make a massive difference.

At the moment I'm using them in conjunction with my compression socks and icing my shins after every run, I still get discomfort in my shins for a couple of days after a run but this has been negated substantially by using all of the above methods together. I'm sure the time will come in the next few years where I have to give up running altogether but for the meantime these insoles have allowed me to carry on running when I'd have had to give up without them.