Price:£13.97+ £2.03 shipping

on 15 March 2009
just luv this games been playing it for months now, gets very frustrating on times but its one of those games that once you start just cant leave it alone, has keep me and my 3 daughters going for months and we all love it
on 8 March 2009
I absolutely love it and haven't touched any other of my DS games since buying it. It's dangerously addictive - highly recommended
on 8 January 2010
I loved this game - completely addicted to it. Unfortunately this meant that I had soon 'built' Rome and then it wasn't long before I'd completed the whole game. So although it is a great game I do think its not long enough & should have a bit more to it.
on 15 September 2011
If you like things like bejeweled, you will love Cradle of Rome. It's a match three game but with the incentive of each level bringing you closer to becoming Emperor of Rome! A three match will put your score up enabling you to buy certain items to make Rome, basically. You start of simple so you'll whizz through the first 20 levels, afterwards however, it starts speeding up and becomes complex making it even more fun. I doubt you'd get bored; it's a game not limited to any gender or anyone of any age. Everyone can play. It's so good that you feel kind of disappointed at the end when you reach level 100. As well as being pretty cool, you have the added bonus of having historical information about what the item is that you need to buy and also how that item helped the development of Rome, which helped me understand how much effort had to go into making Rome the hub of the world, really (minus the match three's though!). It's definitely worth the money!
on 12 February 2010
What a time waster, just like pringles, once started you just can't stop. Played for 3.5hrs non stop while being driven to Devon,

Early levels can be completed within minutes, later ones took me a day (to cries of NOOOOOO!!!! when time ran out with only one jewel left to clear)

Will definately buy any more in this series
on 12 February 2012
I am not your usual 'game player'. I bought myself a DS lite recently and had played professor layton on it and loved that. Up until this point I had never played a computer game in my life. I therefore wanted more puzzle games but for a slightly cheaper price. I bought this after reading the reviews, not knowing what 'match 3' meant.

Initially, not really knowing that the puzzles were only of one sort, I felt disappointed, as I like a selection of types of puzzle and this does not supply that. In addition (unless Im doing something wrong), you are not really building Rome as such, you are just being lead through various levels where you then get enough points or whatever to purchase bits of structure that an empire needs like forums, harbour, villages etc. I had thought and would prefer it, if you specifically build things using the puzzles, needing to place things strategically or whatever, but this game is not like that.

However, once I started playing, I cannot put this game down. Im embarrassed to say that I have spent late nights frustratingly trying to complete various levels. Im now on level 58 and it took me about 4 hours to get level 55!!

For those that dont know what match 3 is (although Im sure I was the only one), you have to move tiles around on a board to match 3 items in a row. You can only move one tile at a time and it has to match up with 2 others or it wont move. Some of the items can give you more time or in the case of the hammers, bombs and lightening strikes can unbreak other tiles on the board if you want. You have to clear all the blue tiles to complete the level. This may sound easy but harder levels lock the tiles, double lock the tiles and have entry tiles to gain access to more blue that you need to clear. It gets very difficult, at least for me.

One thing I would say is that I get frustrated with the locked tiles because its not always easy to see what is under them if the game contains both boulders (to represent building blocks of Rome) and silver coins, as they both look very similar with chains across.

This has not detracted from the game and of course, in addition to further Professor Layton games, I will be getting more and more of these.

Tips for those who havent played-

Try to start from the bottom up where you can
Try to start in the blue area if you can
Where the stylus does not seem to be moving the tiles (as mentioned in other reviews), dont try to drag swap them over, just press on the tile you want, then press on the next one you are swapping with rather than trying to drag them, seems to work for me.
When you are running out of time but you have a hammer or icon to help you, if you think you wont be able to complete the level, dont use your hammer then, wait until you start again otherwise it will be a waste.
VINE VOICEon 12 July 2010
I feel I am wasting so much time on this game, when I should be doing other more important things. It is just so addictive, and I just keep going back to it time and time again. It is just simple good fun.
on 18 March 2011
I received this for Christmas and couldn't get enough of it but once you've worked your way through and completed all the levels it's not a game I'll be reaching for again for a while.

I think this is one of those games that is all absorbing when you first get it but then doesn't see the light of day again for a few years until you rediscover it and want to play all over again.

Would be great if you have a long flight as you'd have nothing else to do but work your way through the levels.
on 7 May 2010
Oh dear, oh dear, I wish this game had never been invented!
I dread to think how many hours I have spent playing this. I have now had to restrict myself to playing last thing at night only, great for emptying the head of any nagging worries the day may have brought though.
Fast moving, better than Jewel Quest which I think is too slow.
Can't wait for Cradle of Egypt.
on 1 December 2009
Well, I am struggling to put this game down! I'm on level 87 or so, and frequently want to throw my DS across the room as the time runs out before I complete the level! It's so addictive, and I am determined to complete the game in it's entirety, even if it drives me completely bananas!
If you like match-3 games, you will enjoy Cradle of Rome.