Platform: PlayStation 3|Change

on 30 August 2010
I never found such a weir combination af Fun and Boredom in a videogame. The concept, the themes, the attitude, all perfect. Jack Black is super, the dialogues are brilliant, the music is amazing, a lot of cool stuff in this game.
BUT, there's a but, and a pretty huge one: Gameplay. It is not what I expected, too many times it finishes in boredom and bother, too many times. The bigger problem is the absence of a mini-map on the screen, I felt it needed when around for the metal world by my car, and I felt it even more during Stage Battles, it's a very tactic way of fighting and without a map everything is chaos... Plus sometimes friends and foes look too much similar, and a map wouls help you identifying the teams...
Another lack in game controls is that jump isnt available, and few times I felt limited by that...

Funny game, very boredom gameplay!
on 24 February 2016
Good game arrived on time
on 12 December 2013
The idea is solid and it's clear there were a lot of ideas thrown in for a potentially great game. Sadly, they forgot to actually put the great game in there somewhere.

While the game does have a lot of fun moments, the execution is really lacking considering the PS3's capabilities. In fact, this could very easily have fit into the PS2 and there wouldn't be much of a difference. The visuals range from interesting to jagged and ropy as well as the animations which can look very robotic and mechanical. Besides the graphics, the gameplay itself can start to wear its appeal after a while due to repetition and some clumsy mechanics.
on 16 April 2015
Funny. Fun. Epic.
on 17 May 2015
Great Product
on 3 June 2015
Undelivered
on 12 January 2010
Its a funny game to a good price.
EA maked the work on this title ok but i think not so much people like it.
I mean only for metall music freaks is it awesome but not more not less
on 5 October 2009
I've been playing through the demo, and I have to say this game is extremely fun. The cut scenes are handled brilliantly, and the concept is enjoyable. After playing through the demo twice, I must purchase the game. Hopefully it'll come down in price in the near future.
on 3 April 2010
From the opening moments I thought this game was so much fun, the Jack Black humour and the funny characters. Driving around in the Druid Plough with some classic metal blasting out in 5.1 surround whilst setting fire to some baddies with the onboard flame throwers! sweet! Then you realise that all the humour is really compacted into the 1st 20 minutes - for the demo - lazy writing, and really you forget it's Jack Black after a while.

Now onto my main reason for the 1 star. I got 85% of the way through the story, including almost all of the Bound Serpent statues, and my saved game stopped loading. I can not go back to complete the game and what would be the point in starting again for the same to happen again? And if you are thinking my case is a one off, I googled this and got a few people with the same problem,

[...]

This link is to a YouTube video from a guy who encountered the exact same problem I did. EA are totally unhelpful to, with generic 'IT crowd' solutions that never work. So so disappointed. Please, don't waste your time. Double Fine (developers) are obviously amateurs, and EA (publisher) simply don't care. If I could give 0 stars I would.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2010
apres 1 heure de plaisir le gameplay lasse tres vite...a part les courses bien fun , le reste est tres limite...11/20