5.0 out of 5 stars An EXCELLENT product with a lovely clean fragrance
Many years ago I worked part time in a private hospital as a domestic assistant and that is where I was first introduced to Hibiscrub. Years later, I worked in a Veterinary Practice and here again, this product was used. It is routinely used in hospitals both pre and post operatively.

Hibiscrub is an antiseptic disinfectant for the skin. It has a lovely clean...
Published 18 months ago by Chris in Hampshire

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality
We have two dogs that have the occasional scrapes. Hibiscrub is perfect for cleaning and treating the occasional graze and scratch.
Published 21 months ago by Anne Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars An EXCELLENT product with a lovely clean fragrance, 19 Nov. 2013
Chris in Hampshire "Mrs C" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Hibiscrub is an antiseptic disinfectant for the skin. It has a lovely clean fresh smell and is very gentle on the skin. There are warnings on the pull back label, affixed to the container, which you must read, in case you are likely to have an allergy to any of the ingredients in it. If you are going into hospital for surgery, it is a very good idea to use Hibiscrub for bathing a few times before you are due to go. That way, if you have MRSA without realising it, you should not have any problems when you get your pre-op checks which include MRSA tests to prevent infection on the wards.

I often use it for bathing to make sure any germs that may have been picked up are dealt with. I suffer badly with insect bites and find that washing with Hibiscrub helps calm the skin down.

It can be used on your dog too for any abrasions or parts that they are fidgeting/licking at (eg paws, legs etc) Vets often prescribe it's use for skin problems, but please be guided by your vet in the first instance. It is a good standby for emergencies, but remember not to let it get in eyes, ears, nose, mouth and genital area. It is best to use diluted, try a mild strength to start with, make sure there is no adverse reaction and then if all ok, you can up the strength if you want to.

It can also be used in hot water for washing down hard surfaces for disinfection purposes. I suppose it is a bit expensive for this use, but I feel is worth the cost because it works. At the hospital, we used it this way to wash the beds and bedside tables down after a patient had been discharged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab for bulldogs!, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: HiBiSCRUB, 500 ml (Misc.)
Use this product to clean my bulldogs skin. Clears up his tear ducts/wrinkles/paws perfectly every time. Love this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit runny but great, 1 Mar. 2012
If you dont like deodorant or need to scrub up. You wont find a better product. I had a small lump in my armpit and this product helped it heal quickly. With the added benefit that it kills all the bacteria so deodorant isnt required.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smelly feet solution, 23 Jan. 2013
J. J. Murphy "D I Y buff" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this product because it was recommended on a blog. I found it cleaned well and hs a pleasant smell.
It keeps the old feet clean for about 36 hours. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 2 April 2014
Great stuff. Used it to wash my dogs stomach as he got sores due to the mud. We have used it on the horses too. An essential item for anyone with pets

5.0 out of 5 stars hibi scrub, 18 Aug. 2012
for 3 years i used malaseb on my elderly Lhasa Apso without any significant improvement, then on a recommendation i tried hibiscrub and the fungal infection cleared up in 4-5 weeks the price at the time i purchased this product is about one third cheaper than the high street prices. also delivery was very fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, 1 May 2012
I first used Hibiscrub on the instructions of my GP after becoming infected with MRSA following an out patient visit to an NHS Hospital. I had a prostate biopsy involving about one hour in the Hospital. My GP diagnosed MRSA infection after sending a swab away for analysis. The GP did say that MRSA is everywhere and can be picked up from anywhere. I was told to shower from top to toe with Hibiscrub even using it on my hair as a shampoo every day until the 500 ml bottle was finished. I did as instructed and together with antibiotics the MRSA never came back. Maybe this is also because I now use Hibiscrub routinely especially after travelling on public transport.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential and great skincare for dogs and cats, even if they have sensitive skin, 22 Jan. 2015
Steve.J (Glos. UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: HiBiSCRUB, 500 ml (Misc.)
Got this for my Mum, whose dog has quite sensitive skin and suffers from irritating rashes, insect bites and minor scratches etc that take a while to heal. It is extremely effective at clearing up skin problems and minor wounds and also seems to hydrate the skin again. We have applied it neat (a few drops on a moistened cotton wool pad), as a shampoo and also diluted about 1 part Hibiscrub to 5 parts water. I have seen in other reviews that some vets advise diluting further, if using on cats or very small dogs. we have also used it ourselves as a cleaning hand scrub and it is also very good for this. A little goes a long way with this product, so try to be sparing with it at first, until you find out what level is effective for your pet or yourself.

It is supposed to be effective across a range of bacterial, fungal and viral infections.

Thoroughly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Much cheaper than at vets, 23 Mar. 2014
Was prescribed Hibiscrub for my dogs skin condition to use as a shampoo. Much cheaper to buy from this retailer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hibiscrub 250ml, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Hibiscrub 250ml (Personal Care)
Nice product, no skin irritation. Not a foaming product so used it with soap. Fragrance from it is ok too. Just bought a 500ml bottle and still happy.

HiBiSCRUB, 500 ml