on 19 January 2010
Got these for christmas, had been asked by the in-laws what I would want.
A pair of waterproof gloves for hillwalking and climbing that would be warm in the winter, wind resistant and I wouldnt have to take them off to put on my crampons, take pictures with a small compact camera.
Result, they done all the research and got me these. They are 100% waterproof, warm upto minus 10 with a further windchill factor of -10, and I dont have to take them off to iperate the small buttons on my camera, just a bit of practice.
The grip is great, can do my zips and straps even when they are covered in snow and ice.
Only downside is that when you stop moving the slight moisture build up at such low temp and high altitude does sap the heat. When you start moving again hands heat up in minutes, but if you were maybe climbing these wouldnt be the best.
Think they are so good Im getting a second pair to swap with when I stop at the top of a Munro.
on 29 January 2015
I purchased these as cycling gloves for my daily commute. The good news is that they have a very good, close fit and good grip whilst still offering good tactility; excellent for fishing keys out of a bag without fumbling for instance. They're also totally windproof, which was my main reason for purchasing them; thermal insulation is rather modest to put things mildly but then again, they're not marketed as thermal gloves so no gripes there. Unfortunately, they utterly fail as far as being waterproof is concerned. Anything more than drizzle will soak through in a matter of 10 minutes max and leave your hands cold and clammy. Worse, it takes a very long time for them to dry out again. Very strange given that their waterproof membrane technology is their main selling point. Conclusion: good though expensive for general use but if you intend to wear them in wet weather, don't hit that purchase button but look elsewhere.
VINE VOICEon 5 December 2012
Clearly there is a difference of opinion on the efficacy of these gloves as people review them both ways. I'm certainly in the dry but cold camp as I don't find them either comfortable or warm to wear and have gone back to ordinary fleecy gloves unless I really need the waterproof element.

I'd also say that for me the fit isn't great. I bought a large as suggested by their size guide and the fingers are a little tight but I've rather too much room on the palm of the hand. This causes the material on the palm to ruck up when the hand is closed. I could go for an XL size to help the fingers but then I'd have even more material on the palm. So if you have, like me, large hands but with short stubby fingers then check the size - you may not be able to get a comfortable fit as the material isn't very accommodating.
on 29 September 2011
Brilliant for cold weather cycling. They are comfortable and seem pretty weatherproof. You probably wouldn't want to wear them on days which are anything other than downright cold, though. Good for winter, then.
on 25 February 2013
Bought a pair of these a few months ago from an outdoors shop. Have used them regularly in Snowdonia as my standard glove but I always take a pair of tuff bags to pull over them if it rains. These gloves are not "100% waterproof" as claimed they are water RESISTANT. If they get to the point at which they 'wet out' and start to soak up water they become worse than useless and very cold.

These gloves aren't great for lower temperatures, especially if there is significant wind chill. However, for more normal use such as walking the dog etc. when you are not going to be going too far or too high they should be great.
on 8 October 2015
These are the 1st pair of 'Sealskinz' I've tried / owned. Firstly, they are an odd fit! Whilst others have commented that they are a 'snug' fit for the size, mine are an odd shape & therefore don't fit snugly (maybe they are seconds?) although they are they are still perfectly usable. 'Strange idea, 'waterproof' gloves which actually absorb water into the outer 'normal' layer?!

Whilst they do appear 'waterproof', in that your hands stay dry (only used for handling cold, wet ladders thus far) they absorb water just like a 'normal' pair of gloves, but the inner layer prevents this from soaking through to your hands. However, this then presents a problem in getting the gloves dry again, without them becoming stale-smelling! I have been loathe to dry them on a radiator, for fear of damaging them!

Also, whilst the outer palm area does have integral 'grip zones', which work, I'm not confident that the gloves will withstand harsh 'manual handling' exterior work conditions for very long, plus the woven material will probably 'snag' on rough surfaces, thereby accelerating there demise? Although in fairness, i suppose they aren't actually marketed as 'work gloves'!

Time will tell, but for my needs, I'm not sure they were worth the £20 i paid for them?
on 4 February 2015
I wear these for an outdoor bootcamp exercise group. They're just the job, keep your hands warm and dry no matter what the weather. No more bulky than normal woolly gloves either. Seem fairly hard wearing, no complaints so far.
on 9 February 2014
If your in the military and plan on using these gloves don't buy into the 'squady rumours' that these gloves are the best thing since sliced bread. They are not particularly warm, at least not any warmer than other thin gloves. Despite what I have been told they are not 'warmer when wet'. They are, in fairness, better than most gloves are wet, but a dry glove is always preferable to a wet one, no matter what the brand.
on 26 November 2015
+ They seem well made.
+ They keep my hands warm and are waterproof enough for rain but maybe not working in wet conditions in the winter.
+ The grip stuff is nice and grippy.

- They are quite thick and stiff.
- The reason for low score is the fit, they don't seem to be made for human hands. After studying the measuring guide on their website I measured as a medium. The palms of the gloves have about an inch of slack which means the gloves just bunch up on the palm when you close your hand, or bunch up on the back of your hand when you open your hand. Any position you have your hand there will be a big pocket of air; no snug fit here. The cuffs are slightly loose fitting as well. So I thought I'd bought the wrong size, but the fingers are suffocatingly tight; bending your fingers in these is quite difficult. The length of the index, middle and ring fingers perfect, but the length of the pinky is about 1cm to long and the thumb is like 1.5cm to long even when the glove is pushed on all the way to the webbing of your fingers.

Maybe I just have abnormal shaped hands or I got the wrong size, but in that case go a size lower than the guide says. I ended up giving them to my farther who has bigger hands, they fit him slightly better but are still loose around the palm and he doesn't wear them because the fingers are to constricting.
on 24 April 2016
A lot of people look at you funny when you explain how much you have spent on these gloves. But these people have never experienced a glove like this.
They really are the ultimate gloves for most activities.
I like many others suffer from sensitive hands and the slight breeze in the air can create an awful cold feeling to my hands and make movement difficult. In the job line I'm in this is a big problem. However with the addition of these gloves I have a great decrease in this problem! They really are wind proof, water proof but still breathable which is truly brilliant.
I have done many different things with these gloves and they have been a great help in each activity.
Be wary though once they have a hole in they are no longer waterproof! But the gloves are that great you will not even quibble at buying a new pair.

See one answered question