Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 December 2008
This is Lesley at her best. There are some real favourites such as the Mozart 'Laudate Dominum' which she has recorded for the first time, Rutter's 'Gaelic Blessing' and a beautiful Verdi 'Ave Maria'. Some of the arrangements by Tolga Kashif remind you of the 'Queen Symphony'. Others take well known music by Mozart and Mascagni and add a vocal arrangement.
Definitely a good buy.
on 6 December 2008
I am a life long fan of Lesley Garrett, and I have to say this is a very good album. Having heard previews of some tracks from Lesley's website, I had no hesitation in purchasing this album.

I really like most the repetoire chosen but, I was especially keen to hear Lesley's interpretation of Verdi's "Ave Maria" & Bach's "Alleluia". I was not disappointed. For me, both these tracks are delivered with both a passion & clarity. that effectively demonstrates Ms Garrett's ethos of being a conduit between the audience & the composers of the work.

Karl Jenkins "Hymn" (from Songs of Sanctuary) is another favourite of mine. I had not previously heard this before purchasing this album. Again, this is delivered with such emotional intensity, that it cannot fail to move all who listen to it.

The only track that didn't quite work for me, was "Safe From Harm" by Tolga Kashif. It didnt quite grab my attention, the same way as Kashif's other compositions on Lesley's previous albums; like "Ave Maria" from Travelling Light, and "A New Heaven" from The Singer - have done in the past.

That aside, I think that this is still an album that will please Lesley Garrett fans.
on 9 December 2008
I think this is Lesley at her best,track 4 Hosanna realy stands out for me
its just so well done, i am a rock music fan, but this stuff is just great, dont really like clasical in general, its great buy it, well well well worth the money.
on 1 February 2009
one of the best lesley has done as far as im concerned. more mellow songs,and not high pitch as a lot of her songs are, not a bad cd at all and did enjoy this one.
on 22 February 2009
Amazing Grace
This is a collection of songs in the 'popular sacred' category. This is readily apparent from the cover so you know exactly what you are getting.
The performances are excellent, making good use of Lesley's fine voice. Her skill enables her to take them at an easy pace whilst maintaining full expressiveness and feeling.
I was very pleased with this CD.
on 14 October 2012
Leslie Garrett is fine when she doesn't do opera which is what this CD is about-a selection of religious music.
She was one of the first to show the trained singer can cover pop songs,folk songs and show tunes on the same album
on 1 May 2009
The CD was fine, no problems. Unfortunately it arrived too late so a substitute present had to be purchased. Just allow extra time for delivery if ordering and this will be a good purchase.
on 12 March 2014
I have never been disappointed by Lesley Garrett before, but the "bongo" drums in the background made this version of a lovely hymn too soulful for my taste.
on 10 November 2012
I enjoyed this album very much; there's some wonderful music, with delicious choral bits and Lesley's voice superb throughout.

Very good.
on 13 March 2009
Lesley Garrett's beautiful voice with a lovely selection of songs. What more could you want. I know. To see it on a DVD.