4.0 out of 5 stars Great album but...
I absolutly love 3DD, they are without doubt the best rock band in the world (in my opinion).
However... it pains me to say that I do think they are starting to run out of ideas. Dont get me wrong, this album is great, its just some of the songs sound very simular to others found on their earlier albums.
Like all 3DD ablums, they all grow on you massivley in...
Published on 12 Jun 2009 by Mr. J. Caley

3.0 out of 5 stars Modern alternative rock, nothing more, nothing less
Anybody who has followed 3 Doors Down since their multi platinum debut (The Better Life) will know that they are a band who never really cross any new musical boundary, 3DD continuously throw out radio friendly alternative rock, to considerable commercial success.
Published on 28 Oct 2008 by Mr. N. J. Henderson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album but..., 12 Jun 2009
Mr. J. Caley (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3 Doors Down (Audio CD)
Like all 3DD ablums, they all grow on you massivley in time and this will too but not as much as the previous 3 albums.

If you havent bought a 3DD album before, buy the first album 'The Better Life' if you want some harder rock. 'Away From The Sun' if you want a slightly more mature and slightly chilled rock album and 'Seventeen Days' if you wish for a mixture of the two. Get this album if you have all previous albums.

Still... its a darn site better than a lot of other albums out there!

3.0 out of 5 stars Modern alternative rock, nothing more, nothing less, 28 Oct 2008
Mr. N. J. Henderson (Bude, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3 Doors Down (Audio CD)
Fair enough, but the problem here is every record just sounds the same, some mid tempo rockers thrown in with the odd ballad here and there.
Lead single "It's Not My Time" is a prime example, quiet verse loud chorus scenario, and to be honest there's only so much of that you can hear, before it just starts to sound alike.
It's not like this is a bad album, far from it in fact, but this has all been done before, and somewhat better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a few listens but worth it!!, 11 Aug 2008
Paul Pearce (Monmouthshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3 Doors Down (Audio CD)
If you read the other reviews posted here you might be put off - but don't be. I've had this album for a few months; picking it up in the States before it's UK release and trust me, its a slow burner. Whilst many of the tracks don't have the instant appeal of their earlier hits, they soon grow on you. I think its a fine addition to their growing body of high class rock.

3.0 out of 5 stars Any 3DD will want it- but dont expect it to have an astounding affect as previous cds, 3 July 2008
Ms. Ba Webster "Bronrock101" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3 Doors Down (Audio CD)
I am a huge 3DD fans, and I have to complete agree with the review below and dotted around that this album isnt amazing. Their earlier stuff was something else, however there are only a couple of tracks that stand out "Train", "It's not my Time" and "Citzen Soldier" everything else is average and honestly, a slight bore and whiney at times. Im hoping when they come on tour later this year, their song line up is filled with the old songs and only a limited number of the new tracks. Conclusion- AMAZING band- and if you a fan, worth having regardless, but this is not a strong album, and if they had produced this as their first, its very unlikely I would have been such a big fan!

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 Doors Down, 28 Jun 2008
C. Nelson "Christine N" (Oxford UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3 Doors Down (Audio CD)
In comparison to the other albums we have this isnt in the same league. 17 Days and Better Life are just a million miles ahead. Give it some time and it might get better but doubt this. Add in the fact they cancelled their UK tour days before it was due to start has left a sour taste for me. Maybe this has also soured my veiws for this album. Not great, IMHO.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a listen, but not amazing, 10 Jun 2008
A. Lewis (Newcastle-under-Lyme, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3 Doors Down (Audio CD)
Compared to Seventeen Days I'd say this offering from 3 Doors Down is a bit lacklustre.
Citizen/Soldier is a very good, powerful song and I also like the opening track, Train. However, the rest of the album seems to blend into one for me, there are no standout tracks that really resonate at all.
Unlike Seventeen Days I couldn't sit and listen to this album all the way through without getting bored and skipping to the next track to see if it was any better (which it never turned out to be).
Average album, I'd definitely recommend anyone to get Seventeen Days rather than this if I was trying to get them into 3DD - whom I have seen live and consider an excellent band... but this album was a bit of a let down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 22 July 2008
This review is from: 3 Doors Down (Audio CD)
Bog standard 3 Doors Down. A few really good tracks, the rest are pretty bland and tend to blend into one.
To get the true measure of this band, you need to see them live. It's a real shame that their energy and passion doesn't come through on anything studio based.
The really interesting track for me is She Don't Want The World - an indication that Brad Arnold could break away and do a Rob Thomas if he wanted too. And maybe he should...

4.0 out of 5 stars America's finest, 14 Oct 2011
This review is from: 3 Doors Down (Audio CD)
How could you not enjoy this wonderful album from 3 doors down! There are two wonderful songs from pump classes which are incredible plus a host of other songs to sing along with and enjoy American Rock at it's best.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums of the year...., 14 Oct 2010
This review is from: 3 Doors Down (Audio CD)
I really like this album.... I listened to it a few times from the off and immediately got into it. Its a welcome return to form for the band after a slightly disappointing last attempt, and this album looks especially strong alongside other "rock" albums of recent months (namely James "The morning after" which is boring and Linkin Parks "A Thousand Suns", which is mediocre at best).

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album from 3 Doors Down, 17 April 2009
David Cronin "Katana" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3 Doors Down (Audio CD)
Discovered this band by complete accident and haven't looked back since. Great rock anthems and acoustic ballads on previous albums and this one shouldn't dissapoint. Train and It's not my time are my two favourites.

3 Doors Down
3 Doors Down by 3 Doors Down (Audio CD - 2008)