Colour Name: Matte Black|Change

on 11 May 2011
it does its job, costs far too much! But if you want to use a Epson printer that's what you have to put up with!
on 6 February 2011
The review has been provided for the excellent service and price of the product which is unbeatable. The product was recieved within two working days and I had been provided a back up e-mail of the date of dispatch. The product is geniune epson ink. Excellent service thanks.
on 4 September 2011
Ive never ordered ink from Amazon before, but Im glad I did. The ink was cheaper than anywhere else, and genuine. The item arrived quickly and was the genuine article. Many thanks.
on 22 November 2014
Difficult to see that you could go wrong buying genuine Epson cartridges. They are expensive and the ink volumes tiny (11ml) but thats down to Epson and the pricing model. TBH I regret buying the R2880, wissh I'd splashed the extra cash on the R3880 that takes 80ml tanks, has a replacable waste ink tank and prints to A2. Next time...

At the time of writing this review (Nov 2014) Amazon were around £2 per cartridge more then the chepest competitor for OEM cartridges. However I have a Prime account so I get next day shipping at no additional cost. So I save on shipping and can hold off ordering until I absolutely need to order but know it will arive the next day. So I can order individual cartridges not worry about shipping costs and not keep spare (expensive) cartridges on my shelf. For these reasons I'll be buying from Amazon.
on 18 September 2015
It's becoming more difficult to source this ink from bricks and mortar retailers, so getting them on Amazon is the only way I can keep this printer alive. Having said all that, it's still quite pricy and the printer drinks ink. Despite lots of third parties now supplying ink for this printer, I prefer to buy genuine ink as it is important that the ink doesn't kill the printer and the quality and the durability of the prints is assured.
on 7 December 2012
This ink is not the cheapest out there by any means. However I consider it to be the best in its price range and far fantastic compared to cheaper products. It's right in what they say, you pay for what you get. As a photographer I want the best results from my Epsom printer, and this ink gives me just that.
on 12 April 2013
I would not envisage using a substitute ink cartridge for the printer as the results may be inferior and an alien item may damage the working of my printer. Only if a reputable company was able to tempt me to using their ink flow would I think of changing from the dedicated product.
on 13 August 2015
Genuine Ink Cartridge for my Epson printer. What I wanted but damn... inks still expensive. £6 a cartridge would be much nice than £10-12 for these. Epson must price fix.
Yes you can buy cheaper third party inks or refills, but qualities never as good.
on 10 May 2010
Friends often say to me "Why pay premium prices for genuine Epson original ink cartridges, when you can get refills of "other brands" for a fraction of the price?" My one-word answer is usually "Reliability"!
If you want to print your work to the highest quality, on a medium which can be framed and displayed on a wall
for a decade or more, non-specific refills from a fly-by-night supplier are truly a false economy. And if you sell your work, your conscience should dictate that you use only the highest quality media for producing it.
Epson genuine original inks and papers are the safest bet for ensuring this.
on 2 May 2013
I buy these items regularly and, after an unfortunate experience some years ago, I will buy only genuine Epson ink. This ink has gone into stock, so not yet used but I expect it to be as good as always.