5.0 out of 5 stars New Living Translation - A Bible you will read
Published on 31 July 2010 by LoveTheBook

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I find on the kindle that when I tap a chapter number at the start of a book within the Bible, instead of going to that chapter it takes me to the footnote with that same number. This means I have to get to a chapter by tapping for each page, that's a lot of taps in a book that has a lot of chapters!
Published 13 months ago by Mrs Linda E Ratcliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars New Living Translation - A Bible you will read, 31 July 2010
This is an easy to read, plain sense, enjoyable (yes enjoyable) reading Bible. Both sides of the debate on translation philosophies have their merits- dynamic equivalent against essentially literal, but i find this Bible a pleasure to read. If I want to do an individual word study or investigate a particular doctrine I might have an NASB/ESV handy, but i sometimes find myself reading them and then looking at the NLT to understand what they mean! Nuff said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted on the Kindle, 9 Jan. 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Holy Bible Text Edition NLT: New Living Translation (Kindle Edition)
I'm confused by some of the earlier reviews. I have a hard copy version but wanted one for my Kindle and the reviews did not really say how it would look - one even talks about 2-column layout. But it's perfectly legible (single column) and the search function allows me to jump around as I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living language for living faith..., 10 Sept. 2010
S. Codrington (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The publisher's aim was to create a Bible translation that presents the Word of God in the 'heart language' of its readers. On this point, I think the NLT succeeds. Though I am a fan of the more literal translations, the NLT has firmly set itself as one of my favourite (and sometimes preferred) translations.

I truly appreciate how the NLT seems to capture something of the beauty of Scripture that more formal translations lose. A very good example is my favourite chapter of the Bible -- Habakkuk 3 -- in the NLT, the language is vivid, putting you right in the frame of the prophet's visions.

The text of this particular edition is set in two columns and the 8 point type is comfortable enough to read without your eyes straining too badly. If you want an NLT for reading rather than for study (as I did) then this edition is probably best for yoyu. However, I do think the reading experience could have been bettered if it had single column text and paragraphs.

Overall, a worthy addition to my library of Bibles. I'm glad to have been as surprised as I am with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living today, 6 Jun. 2010
Combines living, modern day language with up to date scholarship and integrity of translation- just what we need today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Giant Print NLT bonded leather., 20 Nov. 2012
Great. A product which does exactly "What it says on the tin". The bonded leather is exactly as you would expect, durable, well stitched to spine, discreet, (gold lettering on spine, not front); gilt edged pages (mine was also indexed) and a paper quality of sufficient opacity to prevent your awareness of what is printed on the reverse; giant print (red letter edition), really makes reading a pleasure and ultimately my favourite translation because it is the one I read and turn to most often, using NIV, NRSV, NKJV purely as a comparison.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy reading,large text, 16 Oct. 2010
needed a 'good' translation but easy to read for an Old Testament course requiring big chunks of reading each week-this Bible is excellent for several reasons:good translation from original text but in 'easy' reading English making it possible to read whole books in one sitting;great size of print for those of us visually compromised-would highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Relevant, 26 Oct. 2012
Easy to use
key words listed at front of book are referenced with page number(s) and the chapter and verse
Eg look up Angels at the front and there is a list of 14 places you find angels referenced throughout the bible

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 3 Jan. 2011
A very good edition. It is also easy to navigate on a kindle; the only annoying thing is that when you click on a footnote it takes you to a separate page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding bible, 15 July 2012
This has to be one of the most refreshing translations of the bible ever produced. I use it in my Sunday school and all the kids are able to understand it, as am I. The large print means that I can read it even when I forget my glasses!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was wanted, 20 Oct. 2009
Reverend Gordon C. Smith "Gorcamif" (Herefordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This was purchased for another person who is thrilled
with it. It is clear and easy for that person to read.