5.0 out of 5 stars Magnifico
"This is the moment most Italian drivers fear- a Venetian getting into a car."

Finally released from 2006 this is a four part documentary (60 minutes each episode) of a trip from the North to the South of Italy in the company of the charming Francesco da Mosta. It comes in a 2 DVD set in a single case with no extras apart from the subtitles.

Very...
Published on 19 Aug. 2008 by Recycled Rabbit

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but..!
I enjoyed watching parts of the series but felt there was too much on architecture, paintings and not enough on the countryside. He did not visit the Dolomite area, nor the lakes, nor the Amalfie coast area. What about the Isle of Capri? This is a very personal opinion with very personal preferences. I suppose he looked at Italy from the eyes of an architect!
Published 18 months ago by Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Francesco's Italy: Top to Toe [DVD] (DVD)
What can I say that hasn't already been said?

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Francesco's Italy: Top to Toe [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant DVD. Highly recommend. Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Francesco's Italy: Top to Toe [DVD] (DVD)
Very quick delivery and good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book. Delivered on time., 9 Dec. 2014
Stayathome (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Francesco's Italy: Top to Toe [DVD] (DVD)
A lovely book. Delivered on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars more missing segments but...we love Count Francesco's travels!, 1 Sept. 2008
S. J. Fleay "Stephen Fleay" (Bandung Java Indonesia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Francesco's Italy: Top to Toe [DVD] (DVD)
Thanks to the BBC and Amazon for this wonderful DVD release. DVD's from Amazon UK "always" seem to reach us here in Java Indonesia on the other side of the world.
We have been waiting over a month for four DVD's from the US Amazon (Amazon.com)however Amazon UK discs arrive within days not weeks thanks to the UK Royal Post no doubt.I'm told that Amazon in the US sends DVD's to Indonesia via DPGM (most likely Deutsche Post)
We've viewed Count Francesco's beautiful tour through his beloved Italy and will soon join Francesco on the Mediterranean Voyage. By the way Francesco I'm originally an Australian now retired in Indonesia....I loved your intros to some sentences "You British......"
If the series had have been around 10 years ago, maybe I would have moved to Italy instead of Java....(all the same it is very pleasant here in highland Bandung).
On the DVD box, text on the rear referred to Gracie Fields hideaway and Pompeii.....sadly these subjects were not on the two Francesco's Italy DVD's we received. If any readers know where these missing segments are "please" let me know.
So now I'll look more closely to Amazon UK for ordering more DVD's...even blu-rays if they are "multi-region".
from
Stephen J Fleay
former BBC/CBS correspondent (freelance) Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Francesco does it again, 19 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Francesco's Italy: Top to Toe [DVD] (DVD)
Francesco da Mosto does for Italy what he previously did for Venice.
Wonderful series with a very interesting and humorous presenter.
Great TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Francesco's Italy Top to Toe (DVD), 18 April 2011
This review is from: Francesco's Italy: Top to Toe [DVD] (DVD)
Unfortunately I cannot honestly review this DVD. It is programmed to be viewed in the UK not in the US. Therefore, I have a completely useless DVD. I feel I should have been informed of this possibility prior to purchase. I am extremely disappointed in Amazon. I'm sure I am not the first person who has had this maddening problem. Do you have a solution?? Does this mean that ANY DVD from the UK will be useless to me?? Sure does limit my purchasing to say the least. Thank you for any assistance/refund, etc. in this matter.

P.S. I gave it a five star rating only because I saw part of someone else's DVD in a class on
Renaissance Art. I was interested in seeing the whole DVD but that was not possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bella Italia, sumptuously and charmingly presented !!!, 28 Aug. 2008
Emma Rose Caulfield "emmskirose" (Cardiff Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Francesco's Italy: Top to Toe [DVD] (DVD)
Having just returned from Tuscany last week with a severe case of 'holiday blues', I was overjoyed to find Francesco's Italy out on DVD at long last. It arrived today and I shall be settling down with a large glass of Chianti this evening to revel in it again and plan my next journey to Bella Italia. Salute Mr Da Mosto!

5.0 out of 5 stars Italy - warts and all, 18 Jun. 2012
Daniel Park "danielpark99" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Francesco's Italy: Top to Toe [DVD] (DVD)
Francesco de Mosta is a wonderful guide. This isn't a rinsed and antisceptic view of Italy. Instead, we get a real insight into people's lives and how they've been shaped by the patchwork of cultures that make up Italy. When he shows us great art, he stresses the reasons why it is important, and what it led to. When he shows us the horrific and grotesque (from mummified priests to Mussolini heads), he explains the historical context and the legacy it has left.

Simply put, Francesco de Mosta gives us a guide to Italians even more than he gives us a guide to Italy - and he gives it to us warts and all.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit shallow, 8 Nov. 2012
Stephen Grant (NEW YORK, NY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Francesco's Italy: Top to Toe [DVD] (DVD)
I found this to whistle-stop in nature. Yes he visits some interesting places but only for a few seconds... I wanted to linger a little an learn more about each place although it would have been a longer series for sure.

Francesco's Italy: Top to Toe [DVD]
Francesco's Italy: Top to Toe [DVD] by Francesco Da Mosto (DVD - 2008)