on 5 August 2015
I didn't find it overly hard to assemble from the provided instructions, pretty straight forward. Just two different kind of screws, two with a flat head for the padded part that goes against the top of door frame and the rest for assembling the different parts of the bar. Just make sure to put the wide grip handles in the correct position before tightening the screws, that is angling slightly downwards, it's possible to assemble them "upwards down" angling slightly upwards if you don't pay attention.

Like others have mentioned the quality of the screws is not the best, or rather the fit of the assemble tool in the heads isn't perfect, so if you tighten them too hard the tool starts to slip in the furrow in the head of the screw. That said everything fit together fine and tight enough, though it would have been nice to tighten the screws half an extra turn too make sure. Minus 1 star because of that.

It fits just fine in my doorway which is 81 cm, ca 32 inches, wide and 12 cm, ca 4,5 inches deep. The chin up bar with padding closest to the door is 105 cm, ca 41 inches, wide and the padded part that is supposed to shield the door frame is 12 cm, ca 4,5 inches, at each end. I reinforced the upper frame with a couple of extra nails. You also get a couple of mounting brackets if you want some extra security or have a weak door frame. I didn't use them because you have to attach them to the wall above the door and the door frame is strong enough without them.

The bar is fully and easily detachable from the door frame after and between use. I use it for P90X3, I'm a male who weights about 80 kg or 180 lbs and it's solid enough for me. I also use the chin-up max pull up assist band from beachbody with this product.

Good:
Multiple grips
Seems durable and solid
Fits standard doorways 81 cm wide and 12 cm deep
Sits pretty high up on the frame, so you utilize as much of the hight as possible
I got it at 30 GBP which I consider a great price, even at 65 GBP you could do a lot worse, so not overpriced imo.

Bad:
The heads of the screws are either too soft or the tool is slightly too small, because the tools starts to slip in the furrow of the screw when you try to tighten it a bit harder
One of the parts had som rust in it, which had stained the plastic, nothing on the outside though.
on 31 October 2015
Functionally, it is an excellent product once the issues were sorted out and I am happy with it, however, it has taken me a few hours of DIY modifications to get to that point, and on another day, when I had less DIY motivation or time, I would have been fuming and sent the thing back. Mine had several problems as follows: There are two tube ends, about 30 inches apart, that stand proud of the bar that rests against the door frame and these dig in to the architrave around the door. They had to be cut back about 1cm. The 8 bolts with the Allen heads used to fit the main tubes together were very poor quality - 3 of them were so soft that the Allen head became rounded while tightening them. In the end I had to drill the heads off, remove them and replace them with some new stronger bolts. As an observation rather than a product fault, this bar would only fit one out of 8 doors in the house due to corners and perpendicular walls close to the door frames. For info the product assembled is about 41.5 inches wide so irrespective of the door width you need at least 42 inches, preferably 46+, of flat wall clearance to use it properly.
on 6 June 2012
Wow what a piece of crap. The actual bar its self looks a bit out of place or off balance, The nuts and bolts Beachbody gives you are not right for the bar and when tightening them up they crack. I would go as far as saying this is a death trap. It is a real shame because the steel used for the bar is top quality but the holes don't line up the bars look bent and the nut and bolts come loose, crack or just don't fit.
on 9 July 2011
I have received the above item from "Beachbody" after looking at their website as they advertised it as a quality item

Dissapointingly the item has very poor instructions and the bolt heads started to shear off and crack when simply trying to put the item together

Further to the above the bolts stick out a good 2 inches out of the tubing with the biggest mistake being the inabilty to tighten bolts onto the piping due to the thread not being long enough causing the attachements to flap about!

The only positive thing is the tubing which does seem strong enough

Overall a very dissapointing product
on 12 January 2016
When I ordered it, I believed and from looking at the pictures it was a bar which required no drilling into the wall. I was wrong. Also you need quite a bit of space on either side of the doorway for it to be mounted so that pretty much limits me to one doorway in my house which is high in foot traffic. The bar feels rather flimsy for something that's meant to support my weight (80kg). The nuts, screws and washers are cheap, almost wore a couple of the heads down. The foam on the hand grips are quite thin and the plastic grips are made of slick tough plastic. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have bought it, it's still sat leaning against a radiator as I haven't put it up.
on 1 October 2011
Easy to put together. Just watch to make sure you have the 2 slightly longer (E in the instructions) screws identified before you start. Placing it on the wall is straight forward except the distance in the instructions between the holders - 13.75 inches - is incorrect and too long. 8 inches is more like - distance between inner edges of the brackets. May also need a bit of padding where it rubs against the door frame. Otherwise works very well with lots of different pull up and chin up options. Easy to take down and put up. Expensive though.
on 28 August 2015
Finally I got compensation from Amazon due to the scratched surface, which has no effect on performance just a cosmetic thing which should not happen with new products anyway. Finally this product is highly recommended to everyone who need very solid multi-grip pull-up chin-up bar for home workouts. Can simply fit into my 85cm door window which is wider than the suggested 81cm and still safe enough. Love it!
review image
on 3 March 2011
This is a good device if you want to work out! But, it lets some marks on the wall and also has to be screwed on the wall (just to maintain the bar: it works as a clamp that is only effective when there is some stress on the bar).

Also, the screwing the bolt in the lock nut is a real challenge...
on 2 May 2016
For those that don't have time to get the gym or just want to workout at home, this is an essential bit of kit.
The foam pads on the bars allow chin ups and pull ups to be performed with a variety of different hand positions, allowing you to target your back, arm and chest muscles in different ways.
Installation is quick and simple, hook the bar in a doorway and you're good to go. Once in place it feels sturdy and comfortable, it really gives you the confidence to start smashing those reps out. Once you're done, unhook it and put it away. No drilling and no permanent fixtures required. I've even taken mine to hotels with me when I've been away from home.
My only criticism of this product is that it requires some initial assembly and the instructions aren't the clearest. But as this is only a 1 time problem I see no reason not to give it 5 stars.
on 1 June 2014
I got mine when I ordered 'P90X' from BeachBody and I must say that it's a brilliant piece of kit!

Easy to put together; didn't take long at all! But the scope that it will bring to your workouts....phew! 5 - at least - areas of grip/hand placement to empathise different muscle groups and such.....

You couple that with some of the crazy moves that Tony Horton AND Shaun T will demonstrate in their workouts will show you just how useful this is.

I've tried different bars and they're pretty pedestrian in comparison.

Trust BB to come out with the real deal.

It'll last a lifetime....

See one answered question