5.0 out of 5 stars Relived chronic plantar fasciitis after one night!
Published on 22 Jun 2010 by Kimmy

3.0 out of 5 stars Achilles Tendonitis
Published on 24 Jan 2011 by neilydee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Achilles Tendonitis, 24 Jan 2011
Having thought I had plantar fasciitis (my doctor agreed) I bought the night splint to see if I could get any kind of relief. Unfortunately for me it didnt provide any. I believe this to be, pending a visit to an actual podiatrist (appointment is taking forever), I have achilles tendonitis. Maybe I have both I dont know...a 2nd doctor seemed to think it may be the achilles tendon as opposed to plantar.

I bought a McDavid Achilles tendon strap and it arrived today. I have it on at work and it seems to be helping a fair bit.

This isn't a negative review of the night splint as I am sure it may help those of you with plantar fasciitis. If like me you are seeking relief desperately and not getting a great deal of support from your GPs it might be worth having a look at the achilles strap instead and working out what you have with a little more investigation. The standard advice is always to consult a GP but, to be honest, when it comes to biomechanical issues they seem to be out of their depth and, with me at least, certain doctors seemed reluctant to take it seriously. Indeed - advice from one was to take painkillers and 'get on with it' which is what I have been doing for years. Thanks for the help...not. If you do see a GP and you feel you are being short-changed just insist on seeing a specialist. The appointment will take months but dont let them fob you off.

Wearing the night splint itself wasn't the most comfortable experience but I dont think there is any way to avoid this really. Its as comfy as it's going to get wearing a foamy ski boot to bed. Needs must however....and in fairness, its a good product which feels sturdy strapped up.

Good luck fellow sufferers!

1.0 out of 5 stars Heel Pain, 26 Aug 2009
Mr. Alan Craigon "acraigon" (fife,uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ProCare Dorsiwedge Night Splint (Misc.)
I bought this to help with the heeling process from the pain I am suffering with plantar fasciitis in my foot but the splint loosens through the night so I am still waking up with a painful heel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relived chronic plantar fasciitis after one night!, 22 Jun 2010
Kimmy (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ProCare Dorsiwedge Night Splint (Misc.)
I have suffered with Plantar Fasciitis for 18 months now and decided to buy this night splint in the hopes that it would put my foot in the right position to aid healing whilst I slept. After the first night, after taking off my splint, I put my foot down in the morning and was able to walk for the first time without pain. I've used it now for about 10 days, and whilst my foot is still sore, especially at the end of the day, I know that it is having some good healing time through the night. I'm no longer limping around the house in the evenings.

It's a bit big, my husband calls it my moon boot, but it is soft and comfortable to wear and doesn't interfere much with my sleep. It's washable, and I used the toe wedge straight away for extra stretch though it says only to use that part under medical supervision.

My sister is a doctor and she says that in training, they never covered the therapeutic use of a night splint to aid this problem - and my consultant at the hospital who diagnosed me, only suggested stretches, no mention of a splint. Shame, because it's worked for me! Wish I'd bought it a year ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars dorsiwedge for plantar fasciitis, 7 Sep 2010
I have been using this for about a month, and it has really alleviated the 'early morning pain', as it holds the foot in the correct position. However as this injury can take months to heal, the user must be patient. However, I am convinced it is speeding up the healing of my plantar fasciitis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 13 Aug 2012
M. Smith (MIDDLESEX, MIDDLESEX United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Thought it was a bit expensive but was in such pain from my plantar fascitis that I was desperate to give anything a go .
So glad I bought this - comfortable to wear at night and started to make a real difference after wearing it for less than a week, no more hobbling out of bed in a morning !
Would recommend to anybody suffering from the misery of plantar fascitis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, but you need to be patient, 14 May 2011
This review is from: ProCare Dorsiwedge Night Splint (Misc.)
I have been using the Procare Dorsiwedge Night Splint for about a week. I have used many other solutions including the strassburg socks for quiet a while (5-6 months) and, so far, all of them have not been as effective as this product.

There is a bit of vertical movement of the heel (max 2-4cm), however by buying a size smaller you can limit this - i bought a Large however I am a size 10/11 and therefore according to the guidelines should have bought an extra large. I agree it is quite bulkly (but soft) overall I think it is worth the money compared to the feeling you get every morning.

It takes a couple of days to get used to this splint however in the long term I think it will prove a very astute purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pro are dorsiwedge night splint, 11 Oct 2012
Bought this splint for my plantar fasciitis problem , because it looked comfortable enough to sleep in, unlike some of the others. When it arrived, I was amazed that on the inside where the picture doesn't show it, there is a seam running the entire length of the calf. In other words when you lie on your back, your leg rests directly on top of the seam. Not so comfy after all. It's ok for sleeping on your side, as it is soft enough where it doesn't press into your othr leg too much. It's easy enough to put back on after going to the loo in the night, but gets abit hot. It will do the trick of keeping your foot in good dorsiflexion during the night.

5.0 out of 5 stars procare dorsiwedge night splint, 23 Jun 2010
C. Morley - See all my reviews
This product is not elegant but is a big help in the treatment of plantar fasciitus. Since starting to use them my foot pain in the morning is 100% better.

4.0 out of 5 stars cosyigloo, 27 Jan 2011
SRK (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Really helped when I had plantar fasciitis. Comfortable to sleep in, but think it may be too hot during summertime. a note re: sizing. I am size 5 foot but quite a "slim" person and ordered medium as per the details. I wish I had ordered small as it still would have been large enough for my foot and would have fitted around my leg better.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, 29 Jun 2010
This review is from: ProCare Dorsiwedge Night Splint (Misc.)
Having suffered from plantar facilitis in both feet for a year, I was desperate for some relief.
I purchased 2 - however as they are so big, 1 is sufficient and I just alternated each night.

I am a light sleeper and can find it difficult to sleep if things are not exactly right - however the splint is so comfortable that I haven't had any problems with it.

It isn't the only thing to provide relief - I've also been using orthotics supplied by my podiatrist. These have also been wonderful and have supported my feet well.

I now only use the splint if my feet are aching in the evening to help the muscle relax.

I would definately recommend this product.
However - be wary of the company - although delivery is fast, if you need to return anything or make a complaint, their service is not great. I had to chase my refund up 2 months later.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›