Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 August 2008
Would like to second the above reviewer in that this really lives up to my expectation! Its fantastic, as has been said they have injected a lot more 'country' into this album and it has some superb songs. If you have been on Mars for the last few years and havent heard Sugarland and Jenifer Nettles unbelievable voice then its time you did!!

My favorites are 'It Happens', 'We Run', 'Love' and 'Already Gone',... and the last two tracks which are live bonus tracks, 'Life in a Northern Town' where Little Big Town lend a hand in a beautiful song, and perhaps saving the best until last, my pick of the album 'Come on Get Higher' is a fantastic acoustic song where Jennifers amazing voice is the perfect combination for the beautiful lyrics in this song.

One slight disagreement with the above reviewer, do not be put off by some peoples reviews of 'Enjoy the Ride', although everyone has different taste, and there is no doubt that it is a touch more mainstream than 'Twice the Speed' or 'Love on the Inside', it is still my favorite album! I would highly recommend it too, it is littered with some outstanding songs including what i rate as the best ever Sugarland song yet 'One Blue Sky',.. its just amazing, as well as some beautiful emotionally charged songs like 'Stay' and 'Want To', a superb opening track called 'Settlin', you cant get anymore country than the wonderful 'Sugarland' the last track on 'Enjoy the Ride' and not forgetting the acoustic 'April Showers' where the brilliant effortlessness of Jennifers amazing voice emphasizes her vocal range where she can electrify you on one track, then seduce you with her soft silky tones on the next.

Seriously, if Sugarland aren't a staple part of your musical diet yet, then pig out on the delicious sound and vocal brilliance of this fantastic band, and buy all three now! Dont even get me started on 'Twice the Speed'!! Just listen to 'Baby Girl' and you'll want it too!
on 13 October 2008
If you like contemporary country music, this album should be the first one in you basket. I own the two previous albums 'Twice the Speed of Light' and 'Enjoy the Ride,' which are both an amazing introduction to this band but 'Love on the Inside' is on another level. I have seen Jennifer Nettles (lead singer) live and she's hard to beat. Her voice is touching and unique and the lyrics really do connect. If that isn't enough then not many country artists get near number 1 in the US billboard charts but this one cuts across genres and is simply superb!

My advice is to buy this album now - get in your car and go for a drive, hopefully the sun is shining, turn the music up loud and enjoy every word. BLISS.
on 9 August 2008
Love On The Inside-Sugarland's 3rd album is their strongest work to date!
They go back to their more Folksy/Pop Country sound instead of just pop-and it pays off big time.
There's 3 great things about this album-firstly the production on this is superb and very polished.Secondly their song writing has gotten even better,with more depth and soul in their music and thirdly Jennifer is sounding better than ever,her vocals on this album make her a worthy contender for Female Vocalist of the Year!
It begins with their current no.1 hit All I Wanna Do(this song will stick in your head)and it continues on with some really catchy toe tapping uptempos like It Happens,Genevieve,and Already Gone.There's also a light-hearted and witty song about Steve Earle.
Of course there are some lovely ballads too such as Love,Wishing and the simply gorgeous Keep You(Jennifers vocals are simply beautiful on this).
This album is the special Deluxe Fan Edition which includes 5 bonus tracks-Fall Into Me,Operation:Working Vacation,Wishing plus 2 live tracks Come On Get Higher and their popular hit with Little Big Town and Jake Owen Life In A Northern Town.I would recommend paying that bit extra for this collection as they really add to the album nicely.
All in all a fantastic new album from Sugarland that shows them top of their game right now,highly recommended.You won't be disappointed with this little gem.....
on 21 July 2008
After their slightly disappointing second album, they're right back on form with this one, "Love on the Inside". As the title suggests, the theme for this newest release is love, and the joy and pain that comes with it. There's a good selection of both rockier tunes and slower tracks. If you were disappointed with their previous album and are wondering whether to get this one then wonder no more... They've gone back to Sugarland's roots; back comes the country twang, the meaningful lyrics, and out goes the souless pop.

IMO it's definately worth getting the deluxe edition with 5 extra songs. It also gives you access to an online bonus area with videos and what not, however the sleeve says this is only available in the states, which is a bit rubbish. Worth a try at logging in though - it may work though (I've not tried it yet, as it opens on the release date, tomorrow).

If you're not aware of Sugarland and thinking of purchasing this I say go for it! Although their best album is Twice the Speed of Life, so buy that first.

On a final note, I really wish Kristen Hall was back in the band, and can't help but wonder what their successive albums would have turned out like with her guidance...
on 14 September 2008
Well I've not wriiten my review quickley as I have played the cd a few times, but I'm glad to say for me this is a great improvemant on Enjoy the Ride which I really had difficulty in liking more than 1 or 2 tracks, what a difference this one is something I sat back and enjoyed, I didnt give it 5 stars as it was a bit blue grassy for my taste but thats a personal thing and no real detriment to thr album but would have really liked a couple more up beat tracks as that is the sound I love but it would not be a waste of anyones money to go out and buy it.
Sugarland are back at their best WELL DONE I look forward to the next instalment
on 25 January 2009
this album is fantastic, bought it never havin heard any of the songs and was a bit worried in case I didnt like it all but every song is great. there are some cracking tracks on here, I especially like fall into me, what I'd give and come on get higher. This album certainly doesn't disappoint - would recommend it to anyone.
on 23 March 2009
Sugarland get better every time ,this album is a big must for all sugarland fans!great songs+ 5 bonus tracks! Go and buy it,you'll enjoy!
on 1 June 2014
Love this Cd. Some very quirky, unusual stuff on it. Lots of good old-fashioned country as well. I have their first two cds 'Twice the speed of life' (which got me hooked) and 'Enjoy the ride' (which has my two favourite Sugarland tracks 'Settlin' and 'Want to'), but this is the one I keep going back to and playing, it's just so varied and original, never get tired of listening to it.
on 6 August 2009
I cannot say enough about this album. It has range, depth and all the heart of a true country album. Jennifer Nettles has one of the most unique voices I have ever heard. I love every song on this, but their superb cover of Life in a Northern Town is tops. From all i want to do,and already gone to come on get higher...you won't be dissapointed.
on 29 May 2011
Listened to this album a few times and have as is often the case come to the conclusion that some of it is brilliant and some not quite so... but all in all it's a good one. Daft as it sounds maybe a few too many tracks