on 16 April 2009
Bosch Tassimo TAS4012GB Multi-Beverage Machine - Black

I bought this Tassimo to replace one of the original Braun machines that was wearing out - I must say this is a much improved design that makes it even easier to use with a lever on the cup holder to adjust the height and an improved overflow design that seems to mean very little waste water compared to the original design

A bonus with this machine is that it takes the 'double height' tassimo capsules that are common in the US and are now appearing more in the UK.
on 23 March 2013
Bought by my sons as a gift for us. One of the best gifts we've ever received from them. In daily use and we have tried lots of discs and settled on our favourites. Looks good. Easy to load. Easy to clean and easy and fast to make a drink. Gets more use than kettle.
on 15 July 2012
My original second hand Tassimo coffee machine gave up the ghost. (which I had for ages)The machine that is.
Could not do without one as I need my daily fix of decent coffee so purchased a new one the same model as before from Amazon.
The Tassimo coffee machine is so simple to use and makes a perfect cup of coffee every time within minutes.
Would and do recommend this machine.
If you like decent coffee you will like this Machine.
on 15 December 2010
The Tassimo unit is simple to use and maintain. The T disc's don't come cheap and neither does the unit. I think Bosch have missed a trick here, perhaps mopre people would buy the unti if it were cheaper in the first place and would then remain loyal when buying T discs. Our unit is now 13 months old and has served us well. It has however just packed up.
When we first purchased the unit we experimented with various coffees and milk discs before settling for our standard brands. What the unit offers is a fresh cup of coffee in a short timescale. Occasionally you'll be prompted to descale the unit but as long as you follow the instructions you'll be fine.
I am concerned that after 13 months ours has failed but this hasn't necessarily put me off buying another one in the January sales
on 28 November 2011
This is a fantastic product. I know the discs are quite expensive but excellent quality. I bought this for my son and he is delighted with it, so are all of his visitors, we don't go to the local 'global' coffee shop anymore and instead call at my son's when we want a nice coffee. He has discs for latte, cappuchinno, tea, chocolate so it's lovely!!
on 4 December 2010
We bought this to replace our old Braun Machine. After receiving a faulty machine (a bit disappointing) Amazon very quickly and efficiently sent a new one which works very well and makes superb coffee. One word of warning to decaff coffee users Tassimo have stopped making the excellent Kenco Decaff Crema and replaced it with a much inferior Cafe Hag Decaff which tastes like poor instant coffee. Rated 3 stars because of this.
on 1 February 2009
Well upon reading the other reviews i cannot understand it i love my machine ive never had a problem at all with anything, i make 8-10 cups a day, all i can think is people dont no how to use and lets face it its not rocket science!!
on 6 June 2011
I love Tassimo coffee makers - this is my third! I use it at least twice a day, every day, so it gets a lot of use. I've had trouble with the bar code reader on both of my previous machines, one that happened within the guarantee period and the other only a few days outside. The machines are guaranteed for 2 years though so I would make sure you contact them straight away if this starts happening. Apart from this the coffee is excellent and as good as you can get anywhere. I've tried every variety of drinks and have been pleased with all of them. I would definitely recommend this machine.
on 1 January 2012
My husband and I are avid coffee drinkers and asked for a Tassimo as a joint Christmas present.
This was the first present opened Christmas morning and it hasn't been put away since. The variety of beverages available is amazing and the quality - outstanding.
The fact that we received a free £20 voucher to use on the Tassimo website for the discs was an added bonus and saved me having to traipse down to the supermarket (and it's cheaper to order from their site as well!)
I would strongly recommend to anyone looking for a new coffee machine.
Five stars *****
on 1 December 2010
This is machine makes a really lovely cup of coffee!
After having bought coffee machines in the past I swore I would never bother again. They always get used for a while and then get pushed to the back of the cupboard because they are too much trouble to use or cease to function properly. However, when a friend used his Tassimo machine to make me a Latte I was so impressed that I decided it was time to buy one for myself. He has had his machine for around a year now and it still functions perfectly and is in regular use.
The Tassimo is simplicity itself to use, and better still you don't have to wait around for it to heat up. All you do is check there is water in the reservoir, switch the machine on and insert a drinks pod, close the lid, press a button and you get a perfect hot drink. It is completely fool-proof - there is only one way the pods can be inserted.
The only downside is that the pods are so expensive and although there are about 30 different varieties of drinks on the Tassimo website these cost more than in the supermarket and most of them are only available online. My local Tesco only stocks about 10 varieties. Also, some of the drinks are so small, especially the hot chocolates.
One piece of advice I would give is that when you buy your machine go to the Tassimo website and register it - they send you a £20 e-voucher which you have to use within 6 weeks. This is well worth doing as you can stock up on a variety of drinks to see which you like best.
If you like really good coffee I would say this machine is well worth buying.

See one answered question