5.0 out of 5 stars Rescued hair!
Published on 27 Oct 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Moroccan Oil
This did make my hair slightly softer but did not really help reduce the frizz. Rather expensive for the difference it made.
Published on 3 Oct 2011 by Ms. S. M. O'sullivan

5.0 out of 5 stars Rescued hair!, 27 Oct 2009
Amazon Customer (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MoroccanOil - Oil Treatment For All Hair Types (100ml) (Personal Care)
Over the past couple of years, my once effortlessly glossy, thick, long, slightly wavy hair turned into dry, very curly, unmanageable frizz for no good reason at all. I admitted defeat and went and had it all cut off to shoulder length but despite using industrial strength conditioner, not using a hairdryer and being very kind to my hair, it didn't improve much. I went for a trim and my hairdresser used Moroccanoil on my hair before he dried it - extolling its many virtues! I did wonder what on earth he was doing, covering my hair in oil but once dried, it looked and felt better than it had done in years. Moroccanoil leaves your hair feeling lovely and soft and silky and even tamed my corkscrew curls. I immediately bought a bottle and am about to buy another one as I'm now addicted! My hair looks and feels glossy and stays tangle free a lot longer, and a bonus is that your hair dries a lot quicker with the oil on it as it disperses the water - I have very thick hair and it now dries in about half the time it used to. And trust me, you'd never know it's oil - there's no trace of oiliness when your hair is dry. I'll definitely carry on using this. It might seem expensive but it lasts a long time - you only need a 10p sized pool of it. If you're despairing of your unmanageable hair, try this!

5.0 out of 5 stars pricey, but great, 10 Oct 2012
My hair never felt better and Im so glad Ive come across this product after all these years of trying different things..
I would recommend it to anyone who has dry ends and doesnt want to risk their hair getting oily. Lovely smell too. I have been recommending this to friends and family to, give it a go, it's worth it. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 31 Jan 2013
My hair is quite rough and since I've started using this product, my hair is softening!!! Now, my hair is frizz-free and smooth!

3.0 out of 5 stars Moroccan Oil, 3 Oct 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 5 May 2013
Like this oil, have used for sometime now, really does make a difference. Expensive though for everyday use................... ......... .....

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stuff, 16 Jan 2013
I am a complete fan of moroccan hair oil. It gives any hair a shine, controls fly aways and split ends without making hair greasy. A bit expensive but should last a while as you don't need too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars The wonders of Moroccanoil, 23 Mar 2010
My hairdresser used Moroccanoil on my hair, I was sold - everyone commented on how shiny my hair looked, I had to make the purchase.
Surprisingly you only need a very small amount, I have afro/caribbean hair, there is no greasy formula it just leaves your hair silky not weighted down by heavy residue. I also use Moroccanoil when dressing my hair (after blowing drying and styling)fantastic product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift review, 12 Jan 2013
I was very pleased with this product as it was the genuine article and as it was a gift this was important to me,nice to know theres a retailer that one can depend on .

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for dry hair, 22 Jan 2013
I am staggered that this stuff has received so many positive reviews. But I guess, if it works for you then great.

I bought a small bottle of this from my hair salon a year or so ago. I tried it on damp hair and hated it. I tried it on dry hair and hated it. Which I was surprised at because my hairdresser was singing its praises.

This stuff makes my already dry hair drier. It has a temporary smoothing effect but for me it doesn't last and my hair just gets drier.

A closer look at the ingredients and all is revealed:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Aragan Oil), Parfum (Fragranc), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha - Isomethyl Ionone, C126100 (Red 17), C1 47000 (Yellow 11)

Too many silicones and I don't think they're water soluble either which means it takes a sulphate shampoo to remove the build up from my hair - I don't use sulphate shampoo any more. In addition they apparently lock moisture out of the hair and prevent moisture from entering. Which would explain why this Moroccan oil makes my hair so dry.

*I would love to love this hair oil but there's just too much other crap included. I've recently made the same mistake again and puchased Dr Organics Hair Treatment Serum. I was lulled by the lush ingredients blazoned across the packaging. I couldn't understand why it did nothing to combat the dryness of my hair with all those fab ingredients. Took me a while to spot but way down at the bottom of the packaging was a full list of the ingredients - again a bunch of stuff that I know dries my hair out.

I dunno. Maybe these particular products just don't suit me. Maybe it has nothing to do with the other ingredients. But it's just too big a coincidence that any time I've used a hair product containing dimethicone et al my hair gets drier than ever.

Why are these companies mixing argan oil with a load of rubbish? And why aren't they high lighting the other ingredients? OK, so I acknowledge silicones and the like work for some people; and that one girl's rubbish is another girl's hair miracle. BUT they don't work for everyone so it would be nice if the FULL ingredient list was published clearly once in a while.

From now on I'm buying only 100% pure Argan oil. In a brown bottle. Cold pressed. With a nutty smell. No other added ingredients.

Given that this Moroccan Oil Treatment isn't even 100% pure Argan Oil, I fail to see how they can justify charging such a ridiculously high price for it.

(*And I've changed my mind - at this price I'm mighty glad that me and my hair don't love this hair oil).

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just hype, but may depend on hair type, 29 Jun 2011
CJ Savernake (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I was interested to read the reviews below, as a lot of these products are just hype, and do not perform as anticipated once you buy them. I thought differences in outcomes might have something to do with hair type, and since none of the people who posted negative reviews said they had hair like mine, thought I might be one of the people this product would work for, so I bought this small sample size.

Brief impression - it works! My hair looks smooth and lustrous, and the smell is gorgeous!

To put it into context, so you can decide if the product might give you similar results: I have very fine hair, but there is a lot of it - ie, the individual strands are very fine, but there are lots of them, so it looks like my hair is thick. It's slightly wavy, but most of the wave is damped by the volume of hair. My hair is actually pretty shiny and healthy anyway, but my main problem is that it fuzzes up easily. This is a kind of fuzzy halo of unkempt looking hair that seems to sit on top of the otherwise straight/mildly wavy hair. I've tried all sorts of shampoos, conditioners and styling products, and nothing seems to work to get rid of it. As soon as I wash and dry my hair, there it is - it only subsides once my hair starts to get a little bit oily - by which time of course I want to wash it again, so... Even when I use straighteners, the tiniest bit of humidity will bring back the fuzz.

So, this product - I used about a teaspoon (my hair comes about midway down my shoulder blades, and as I mentioned, there is a lot of it). I wasn't sure that would be enough, as it seems to get absorbed pretty quickly - but I didn't want to have an oily mess, like some reviewers have described, so thought I would stick with that.

Result: a miracle - no fuzzy halo!!!! My hair looks smooth and wonderfully shiny, and not the least bit oily. This is the only time I have been able to get rid of that fuzzy halo, barring times when a) my hair is dirty (ugh) or b) I have just stepped out of a salon and had it professionally straightened, and walked out into a bone dry day with no humidity to frizz it up again. There is a caveat in that my hair was healthy and shiny before (ie, so if your hair is dry and damaged, you may not get this result), but without the fuzzy halo, the shine is even more apparent.

So - if you have hair like mine (or like any of the other reviewers who have posted positive results) I would say definitely try this product - it is not just hype, it really works. It's very expensive, but a little goes a long way, and at the price you'd pay for the larger 100 ml size (more economical) I estimate it would last about 4 months, which would make the cost about 20p a day. Less than the cost of the electricity to power the blow-dryer I think, and better for your hair :)

ARRAY(0xaf5d00a8)