4.0 out of 5 stars Great portable dock
The Gear4 Street Party 3 iPod dock is incredibly ideal for travel use. Things I like about the product:

+ It plays and charges all current iPods (except the Shuffle), including a Nano 2G, Touch 2G and iPhone 3G.
+ It has a excellent sound quality, it does not sound tinny for the size and price at all
+ An AC adapter is included
+ It runs on...
Published on 29 Aug. 2010 by M HALL

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING
Published 17 months ago by D. Hutchinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great portable dock, 29 Aug. 2010
M HALL (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Gear4 StreetParty 3 UK Portable Docking Station Speaker with EU/UK Plug Compatible with Apple 30-pin Devices Including iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4S, iPad 2/3, iPod Nano 5th Generation and iPod Touch 4th Generation - Black (Accessory)

+ An AC adapter is included
+ It runs on ordinary AA dry cell batteries (x4) and does not have its own rechargeable batteries which means that if you run out of power, you can get up and running again when you're away from a plug
+ It is small and folds flat - would easily fit inside the suitcase without taking up unnecessary room
+ It has a fold out stand which makes it sturdy, the iPod is also well supported
+ It's lightweight, even with batteries so very easy to support, and rotate for watching movies/using Cover Flow for example

For the price, it really is great value for a fantastic sounding dock. You wouldn't want to treat this as your main home system - but can you grumble for £30? It's more than adequate for use on the beach or by the pool (it isn't waterproof) and for this purpose it excels. The volume goes fairly loud although there is a little rattle but I wouldn't want to constantly play it at those volumes anyway. The dock however is very glossy, and in black so it is a magnet for fingerprints and scratches. The base also becomes very easily scratched when it is frequently dragged back and forth across a table. I can highly recommend the Street Party 3, the only thing I would suggest to Gear4 is to include a case to protect it better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal portable ipod dock, 7 Feb. 2012
Bought this as a nice looking portable ipod dock. I already have a bigger/better dock but it is not mobile.

Excellent price and excellent sound quality. I read some reviews before buying it and noted some reviews complained about the lack of sound quality at high volumes. Well my preferred style of music is heavy metal which HAS to be played loud! I can play my music on this dock as loud as I like and have only noticed minimal distortion.(I do not have the volume on my ipod turned up to the max which may help)?

However I would seriously recommend this dock. It is a well known brand, looks good, sounds good, is very portable, charges your ipod and you can also use batteries. For the price I don't think it can be beaten. Also I could not find it any cheaper than here on amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent piece of kit, 5 Oct. 2013
First of all, a big round of applause for Amazon. I've had no complaints about anything I've ordered through Amazon and once again, excellent service. Arrived 3 days before earliest estimated delivery day.
This is an excellent piece of equipment, unpacked, plugged into mains and set up my iphone 5. The playback sound is really good, the unit is small enough to travel and comes complete with Europe mains adaptor. I look forward to taking it with me on holiday and able to listen to my own sounds at work or anywhere I choose. Great stuff and I highly recommend it, great price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOoooood!!!, 14 Feb. 2012
Very good value for money, more than loud enough for your living room. A good present for the sister. Could possibly wake the neighbours up...possibly. The bass is good, not amazing but definitely goes boom. The clarity of the music is very good and sounds very clear. Overall, really happy with it. Runs on mains, charges your Ipod and can run on 4 AA batteries too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 4 Feb. 2009
B. Ford (Manchester England) - See all my reviews
Really easy to set up, lightweight and portable.Great to pack into a suitcase or back pack for when your out and about. Looks good,sounds good and the compact size means it's easy to find a place for it to stand. Only down side, no remote.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great dock for ipod touch 4G, 11 Jan. 2011
I bought this for my son having struggled to find a small speaker dock which will both play and charge his ipod touch 4G. Well this little portable dock does both very well. I have held back one star due to sound distortion at the higher volumes, but otherwise this is a great product for an older child/teenager or as an 'extra' in the kitchen etc.
We tested it with other ipods which we own and it worked (and charged) all of them: ipod 5G, and ipod Classic, ipod nano 2G and ipod touch 3G.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought to go with gen 5 ipod, 12 Mar. 2014
Works wonderfully and it is light and slim which is great for travel. Has a very loud output if thats your thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING, 28 Feb. 2014
D. Hutchinson (spain) - See all my reviews
Warning, this product sells itself as being compatible with the Ipod nano, I bought this docking station with confindence for my partner for Christmas only to find the socket on the nano does not fit the socket of the docking station. I was then told an adaptor was required. I was amazed at the price so bought an alternative from Amazon that also stated this would work with the docking station to that particular nano. it fit but would not play in any shape or form. I had no choice but to go out and buy the Apple product adaptor which was 25 pound !!! almost as much as the docking station itself. please be aware and don't get caught out like I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars GEAR4 StreetParty 3 Portable Speaker Dock for iPod, 13 Nov. 2011
I got this little speaker/ipod dock for going away on short business trips and work. Wanted something inexpensive and light for hand luggage. This is a great little speaker set. DOn't expect hi-fi quality sound, if you want that then splash out.
Some reviews have mentioned background noise when using this with their iPhones. The answer is simply put in airplane mode and hey presto no interference from computers/equipment etc.

Sound volume is good until maxed out but then it is an inexpensive speaker/dock set. I can just set a playlist playing and leave it to get on with it. Another useful tip is to change the graphin equalizer seting on iphone/ipod when playing, vastly improves sound quality.

I would recommend this for travelling and playing at small parties outside, great for teenagers too as an inexpensive present. You really cannot go wrong for the price and used with the correct settings on iphones there are no problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap!!, 6 Aug. 2013
I bought I new iPhone 5 so I thought I would treat myself to a new docking station (because of the charger).

I thought the price was good however the light on the docking station lights up my bedroom when I sleep. That's not the only thing when I connect it, it makes an interference noise. Stay away from this product.

I did not purchase this product from amazon but from Argos, even so I thought I should warm you about this product.