Format: Audio CD|Change

With this, their fifth album, Creedence Clearwater Revival delivered their last utterly great album as a group, although John Fogerty later recorded some great solo albums. On this album, you can find several classic songs.

My favorite here is Looking out my back door. It is a great song anyway but its reference to Buck Owens adds further to my listening pleasure. John Fogerty later confirmed his enthusiasm for country music, implied by that reference, when he recorded Blue ridge rangers, an album of country classics. By contrast Looking out my back door is a typical slice of rocking Creedence Clearwater Revival, albeit with just a hint of country.

Other Creedence Clearwater Revival classics to be found here include Traveling band, Up around the bend, Who'll stop the rain and Long as I can see the light. I also like their interpretation of I heard it through the grapevine, but I don't think it really needed to be eleven minutes long. Creedence Clearwater Revival also show how well they could cover other people's songs with their brilliant versions of Ooby dooby and My baby left me. The first two tracks (Ramble tamble, Before you accuse me) are also of a high quality, but here they seem just like the warm-up act for what follows. On some albums, they would have been the highlights.

Many of these tracks have (not surprisingly) featured on Creedence Clearwater Revival compilations down the years, so if you've got one of those, you may not feel the need to buy this album. If, however, you buy it anyway, you're unlikely to be disappointed. If you haven't got any Creedence Clearwater Revival music, this album will provide a great start to your collection.

More recently, this album has been re-issued with bonus tracks, making it even better value.
on 20 February 2009
This is probably Creedence's best album. Some of the band's best known songs are here and it just all hangs together. The opener 'Ramble Tamble' steams ahead relentlessly, slows down like an old freight train, breaks into a swampy slide guitar stomp, which then builds back up like a train cresting a rise and rolls on down to finish as it started. Great guitar playing, solid rhythms and great songs. What more could you ask for AND this remastered version features 3 extra tracks. There's not a duff song on this album - turn it on, crank it up and invite the neighbours over to party - this album is guaranteed to get things started! Highly recommended.
on 7 August 2012
In my opinion one of the best CD's ever,at least in my top 10th
it's uplifting and invigorating to listen to such songs as Ramble Tamble,Looking out my back yard,who'll stop the rain.
My only gripe is that i discovered this album too late,anyway, better late than ever!
on 3 October 2013
As a band CCR have few rivals -capturing the real spirit that inhabits all the greats like Presley, Lewis, the Stones et al - but few have had such a high rate of really good songs. John Fogerty in particular, and the band, exhibit a powerhouse of energy - it almost jumps off the CD player - great
on 19 August 2009
I agree with other reviews. For me this is one of the best CCR albums - perhaps some nostaligia there as it was one of the first I bought (still have the "well-played" Vinyl version).

As an opener "Ramble Tamble" is just superb and each song is different enough to be ear catching in it's own right. "Travelin Band", "Up Around the Bend" and "Who'll stop the rain" stand out for me - but "I heard it through the Grapevine" surpasses any other version I've heard (IMHO).

It's less than a fiver, if it's the only CCR CD you buy it'll reward your ears very well!
on 25 July 2013
I bought the original vinyl LP but I needed a CD version for car system. It brought back a lot of great memories. I'm glad I bought it.
on 24 July 2013
I love this CD, I have the original LP, The best one ever, well worth the money, brings back good memories
on 2 December 2015
My favourite band of all time! I still listen to all their albums regularly, even though I still don't know half the mumbled lyrics! I thought I'd upgrade, as the CDs were so cheap! This remastered album, with the bonus tracks, is absolutely superb! Great sound quality and interesting, memory jogging information in the accompanying booklet. A must for all CCR fans...
on 11 January 2012
I bought a number of CD's from this era for my husband for Christmas - he really loves them and they have brought back a lot of happy memories for me too. They were delivered well packaged and very quickly - what more could you want. Many thanks.
on 16 December 2015
Bought it mainly for " heard it on the grapevine" which is 11 minutes of pure class and can't be Downloaded as a single track.
However the rest of the album is truly brilliant as well. A must have for all CCR fans