4.3 out of 5 stars1,836
Colour Name: Black|Change

on 12 March 2016
I'm very new to the concept of FM transmitters and only just got one for myself. Having seen it in action, both hubby and son want them for their cars. I didn't want to get the same model as mine because of the potential squabbling over who's is who's when they're in the house so I went hunting for one for hubby and, when I saw the TeckNet transmitter, I opted to order it, not just because it looks nice and compact but also because I've had quite a few TeckNet products and I've always found them to be really reliable. It arrived really quickly and was packaged really well not only in the standard packing but also in it's own custom fitted box. Eve though I've just recently got mine, I have absolutely no pre-conceptions regards an FM transmitter and I genuinely struggle with setting them up. In time I'm sure it'll all make sense but at the moment, I still feel very nervous that I'll get it wrong. However, I was actually really impressed by how easy it was to set up. In the box you find the transmitter and, of course, a means of charging it - in this case it's a typical cigarette lighter socket charge. The transmitter arrived completely flat so it needed a decent charge before I could attempt to set it up -once plugged in it took just under 2 hours to get a full charge. To set up, all I had to do was find a static radio station on the car stereo and match it with the transmitter - simple as that!

I found it to be a great little device, and is working really well.

Note: I received this item for a discounted price on the understanding that I would leave an honest review of the item. My review is honest and is either positive/negative based on my own thoughts and hasn't been influenced in any way by the fact I received the product at a discount.
on 22 July 2013
Forget the irritation of Apple changing its iphone 5 connection making you buy other products to connect to audio equipment. This works through the earphone connection, so works for Blackberry, Apple or any other make of MP3 player. Easy to use, works well and cheap!
on 22 April 2016
This is such a brilliant idea. I am fed up of carting CD'S around and on long journeys it's nice to listen to your fave tunes. I am a bit of a technophobe and don't really have a great idea of what's around to make life easier. .my son suggested getting one of these so I thought I would give it a try. I am glad I did.
Easy to connect. Plug jack plug in the headphone socket on your phone or I pad or even I pod. The other end into cigarette lighter which is the power source then find a spare fm radio channel that is just static and tune it jnto that by literally turning on and pressing the <> buttons until you find the same frequency. I thought it would be hard but it wasn't.
So easy to use and so brilliant. Just make sure your phone is well charged before you go. But there is a USB slot on the top of the bit that goes into the cigarette lighter so you can charge your phone alongside it. Which is actually a brilliant idea.

Well worth it. I am so pleased with it . Need to download some more music onto the phone now as i use it more often than the radio
I have a few pieces from teknet and as usual they are reliable and worth the money

I received this product at a discounted rate in exchange for my honest and unbiased review
on 25 February 2016
This item arrived yesterday and I was quick to get it installed and tested out.

TeckNet isn't a brand I had come across until very recently. They appear to offer high quality electronics items at a low price.

I ordered the TeckNet In Car Universal FM Transmitter device from Amazon and it arrived quickly and well packaged. I ordered this as I was wanting a way to play my music (from my mobile phone) through my car speakers, and I didn't know where to start. I looked on Amazon and found several different products that sounded to do the job I needed, but after reading the reviews on this one I decided to give this one a try.

The device is actually pretty straightforward to set up and not at all complicated. It just takes a little time to go through it and get it initially set up.

I found it to be a great little device, and is working really well.

on 27 March 2016
Fantastic transmitter. This is not the first transmitter i have bought but i think it is going to be the last. It is perfect for a couple of reasons, and they are as follows: Firstly it comes attached to its own cigarette lighter adaptor that when plugged into the outlet on the car is sufficient to power the unit. This adapter has another usb port available to use so whilst the transmitter is connected i can also charge my telephone, so is perfect. Next it has a 3.5 mm jack that inserts straight into my i phone. This lead is hard wired straight into the transmitter so there is no chance of loosing it unless i loose the whole unit. Next the display on the transmitter lights up to display what channel i am transmitting on, enabling me to see it easily and then tune my car stereo to suit. Next i can listen to the music that i have on my phone on my car stereo, just by pressing play on my mobile having the radio on the chosen channel and hey presto my music in the car. I also take phone calls through the radio also the phone rings and because it has the jack in the headphone socket it automatically answers and plays the conversation through the cars speakers.
on 2 June 2015
Worked well fo a week then completely packed up. On reflection looks a fairly cheeply made product that was not robust enough for required use.
on 7 January 2015
This is a great gadget for playing my ipod in the car. I'd previously bought a cheaper one, which admittedly felt very flimsy for the price and subsequently broke after a few weeks.
This however feels robust and well made, and has the added benefit of having a USB port built in so that you can charge/keep your device turned on while you drive, saving you from frustratingly having your music cut off suddenly. The fact it can plug into your vehicle's power source also means the player itself won't run out of batteries or charge unlike a number of other FM Transmitters available.
Another advantage over other, cheaper players I've found is that I haven't noticed any 'fuzz.' With certain songs or on many frequencies, the others I'd used would briefly cut out, or you'd hear a bit of static/white noise, or interference from a radio station. Setting it on an empty channel, you hear no interference with this transmitter and the sound quality is unaffected.

I'd highly recommend the TeckNet FM Transmitter, over buying (many, inevitably) cheap transmitters.
on 21 January 2014
What a great product. I use a static radio signal and my music plays clearly without interference, the USB plug is also very convenient to charge my phone whilst on the move.
on 26 November 2014
I love my first car more than anything but my only issue was that it didn't have an aux input or Bluetooth to allow me to listen to music from my iPhone. However, this product definitely solves that issue! Very easy to set up and get working, although I find I do get some crackling/white noise playing alongside my music, but only when I'm driving through the wooded country roads back to my village- in town the device works completely fine! Great that it plugs in the cigarette lighter so it doesn't drain your phone also. The only thing I could think of for improvements is that because you're tuned to a radio frequency, it doesn't allow you to skip songs using the buttons in the car- and for a fairly new driver I'm not comfortable leaning down to my phone whilst driving- but because it's my music I'm listening to I rarely need to skip! Overall great value for money, easy to use and does the job well, but don't expect exactly the same experience as if you were using an aux or Bluetooth connection.
on 30 August 2013
Ideal for being able to play my iPhone music via the car stereo via the phone's earphone output jack. The ability to also use the standard iPhone cable to also charge the phone at the same time via the enclosed in car charger for the tuner is a bonus.

Volume output from the phone does need to be set up at max to get any decent volume on the car stereo though - but not too much of an issue.

I've found a frequency that isn't much used in my area that I use with this device and my radio - and have then saved one of my radio pre-set buttons to the same frequency, so very fast set up in most circumstances.

If you drive out of your area and hence may get interference from existing frequencies in these other areas, retuning on this unit is much easier than I have on a dedicated iphone4 transmitter.

Note too that as this transmitter uses the audio output jack, it can be used with any portable audio device with a headphone slot