5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for an always hot beverage, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bodum UK 1.0 L Columbia Coffee Press Matt Finish (Kitchen & Home)
I was sick and tired of my glass cafetieres perennially breaking either through my own actions or acts of God (such as cats being caught sneaking around my windowsill and in their terror smashing not just the cafetiere but every dish that had been put on the sideboard to dry) so I decided to go the nuclear route and get a metal cafetiere that would only break if it fell in lava.

This is a little pricey but after using it a few weeks I can safely say it was worth every penny. Why spend 10 or 20 on a glass one that can break at any moment? How much is peace of mind worth to you?

Although I've not dropped it yet, I can say it feels robustly constructed although I am a little concerned about the silicone filter which I'm sure one day will need replacing.

After 2 hours, provided the lid is turned to "off" the coffee remains as warm as if it were freshly brewed. A caveat when making coffee, don't use boiling water fresh from the kettle because the grounds will continue to cook and thus may leave an acrid aftertaste after a while.

When prepared properly, the coffee I've brewed in this beautifully machined hunk of metal seems to have a superiour flavour to coffee brewed in glass or traditional filter coffee machines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, 7 July 2014
Bought this coffee pot for my daughter and she was delighted. Very good quality and looks superb. Delivered earlier than expected, and well packaged. If you want a stylish, sturdy pot, look no further.