5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool to hopefully help you pass....
Published on 10 Sept. 2008 by R. Patel

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but there are issues
I liked the software generally, but with reservations.
1. Many of the mp3s created ¨jump¨ or crackle, terrible when you have headphones on.
2. The hazard perception videos are not too clear, sometimes so bright you can't see anything at all.
Published on 12 Aug. 2009 by KB

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool to hopefully help you pass...., 10 Sept. 2008
R. Patel "Bush4ever" (Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Driving Test Success ALL Tests Deluxe 2009/2010 Edition (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First off, I gave the software to a relative who was studying for her theory/practical car test. Her view is that the software is great easy to install and easily accessible. In particular she found the Hazard Perception and Theory tests of great use. The questions pretty much covered all aspects that need to be covered. The nice thing is that it also gives you confidence in the theory test as the questions are very similar, it's just the wording that differs. She found that what she did in the driving test software, 80% was in her theory test(she did say she felt it may have been higher). She has been reading the books but she finds the software was much more precise and clear and also the fact that at the end of the day you will be sitting next to a computer. So, this reflected reality.
If anything if you have a test, then this software is essential. Obviously, this only helps the theory and as long as you have a great instructor you will be fine. She personally had to change from sub-standard instructors(who were in it for the money) to BSM which she said made a big difference to her driving.

Overall, a definite buy recommendation

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and really useful, 27 Aug. 2008
Sam "msaa500" (York, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is one of the most useful DVDs I have ever owned. The amount of information available is mind-blowing. For me, the most important part was the theory test, I have never come across so many questions regarding driving that I did know anything about. After taking a few virtual tests, I started to feel more confident as I still do not have a license, and planning to get one. The Hazard Perception test is also great, with hundreds of small simulation clips that definitely help a lot. The video quality is not great, but it is still clear. The audio is very good, no problems at all there. You can easily spend not only hours, but days learning all the stuff that is in here. This edition also comes with a an extra DVD to cover road signs, and free magnetic learner signs. I think the best feature of all, is that you can get the audio files on your mp3 player, and listen to them on the go. This is fab, and will always keep you focus on passing the scary driving test. This is a must buy for everyone who wants to learn how to drive, it establishes a very good ground for you to build on, and even if you already have a license, it is never a bad idea to refresh your knowledge. Real value for money, runs smoothly on windows, very comprehensive, and valuable. Worth every penny, a purchase you will not regret.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide to driving theory., 6 Sept. 2008
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After friends had recommended using a CD-Rom to help with my driving test, I practised using this guide which was extremely helpful. It contains a lot of useful information which I felt did help me pass my driving theory test. It seems more focused towards the theory rather than practical aspect of the test so if you have already passed the theory section I'm not sure whether this would really provide much more help with the practical element, although it would be good for revising different aspects of driving and techniques, although personally I don't think it's quite the same as actually driving and that's where your time is probably better spent.

But the theory section is covered incredibly comprehensively and was basically my sole preparation for the test, which I did pass first time. The test is divided into two main parts, the first is driving theory questions and the second is hazard perception testing. The driving theory questions were excellent, and exactly the same as those used in the official test- a lot of them had the exact same wording and diagrams used. I was actually shocked when I sat the test that it was so similar to those on the disc. If you were to spend some time every day practising the questions, learning the right answers, and then eventually test yourself using only the hard questions, then the actual test, which has a mix of hard and easy questions, will seem easy. It also explains the reasoning behind the answers which makes it much easier to remind the correct answer in future.

The second part, hazard perception, is similarly well explored with dozens of examples for you to try, but unfortunately by its very nature it is a harder task to complete than answering multiple choice questions. I actually had trouble understanding how the test works, but even being able to try it a few times and understand how it works and how to score highly was a great help for the actual test, and I'm not sure I would have passed unless I had become familiar with how it works from using this disc. It's just the type of task that relies on reactions and understanding so it can depend on the actual clip you are faced with in your proper test, but again practising on this disc will make the actual test seem much, much easier and greatly increase your chances of passing.

As I mentioned earlier, there are also videos going over driving technique and manoeuvres which are helpful for revision, but just not as useful as the theory elements as they are the type of material that you will cover with a driving instructor and which you need to actually practise with a car rather than simply watching these videos, but they are still useful for the occasional viewing just to reinforce good driving practice. I would definitely recommend this package to anyone who is working to pass their driving test, as it is very detailed and informative, making passing much easier, and is also excellent valure for money. It also includes two 'L' plates to place on your car when driving which was a nice unexpected bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely helpful, 25 Aug. 2008
kehs (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I requested this software for my 17 year old daughter who has just started driving lessons. We are both so impressed with the help it is being and at the simplicity to install and use the lessons. Already her confidence has been boosted by the improvements she has made on the Hazard Perception and Theory tests. The question bank is extensive and has been a great help in pointing out gaps in her driving knowledge. This is a brilliant product, not only for learner drivers, but also expereienced drivers can use it to refresh their skills.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but there are issues, 12 Aug. 2009
I liked the software generally, but with reservations.
3. The mock exam stopped marking the scores for the hazard perception after 3rd time I used it - I can still take and see the points, but it won't give me the analysis of performance.
4. The road sign cd was, how do I put this lightly... it was bad(not that I think it is necessary anyway). The resolution was bad, the whole thing did not look good, and if I wanted a game, I'd have bought one.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me... !, 13 Feb. 2009
Mr. G. Cureton (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I have been very impressed with this package. Though you will need to put in a good few hours' work, it doesn't really seem like a great effort (much better than just reading through the highway code or other manuals). My tip would be to just dive straight into some tests and learn from your mistakes. I could go into more detail but, as I said, it has worked to me and I would recommend it without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars learner's, 8 April 2009
S. Khan (London) - See all my reviews
It took me 3 days to finish the cd, absolutely spot on, worth every penny, its exactly what it says on the tin, i would say you cant fail the test if you have done every question on the disk. Try to understand the question as it makes life very easy. The Questions were similar in the exam as to whats on the cd. Give it a try you would regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great tool, 25 April 2010
I just passed my theory test yesterday and can't recommend this highly enough.

Theory part: You get the highway code book so I read that through first (boring) and then tested myself with the practice sections on the CD-Rom. The CD-Rom is much more digestible than the book and actually explains the answers as well, which helps everything make sense. I got lots wrong at first but after doing them over a few times, got better and better and the program actually charts your progress over time which is a great motivator when you can see that the practice is paying off. Finally I worked through the full Theory Test question book which you also get, and put all the answers I still got wrong/got right but wasn't sure about, onto flash cards and just went through these last ones on the train to work. That question book contains the entire DSA question bank so once you're sorted with that, you're sorted. After that, I did a few mock exams on the CD-Rom and got 50/50 every time. A great confidence booster for the actual exam.

The hazard perception videos were the most valuable of the lot, as there's no book etc that could prepare you for this part of the exam. I was awful at this at first and would probably have failed the exam if I hadn't practiced with the videos on this disc first. You get about 100 practice videos then you have about another 100-odd in the mock exams, which should be more than enough. At first I was either clicking too early (spotting things before they really became a hazard) or too late because I didn't recognise the potential of puddles/give way markings/cars in the far distance etc to become hazards until it was too late. But the program lets you review each video, showing where you clicked and where you should have clicked to get 5/4/3/2/1 points, so you can learn LOADS from this. After a few goes, you start looking at near, middle and far distance and actually learn to anticipate the stuff that could happen on each type of road. For example: Narrow country road with no pavement: You already start to watch out for people walking along the road, and vehicles approaching which you might have to pull in for. You have to be very quick - it's crazy hard to get 5 points in some of them, but the videos in the disc seem to run faster and be harder than the ones in the exam so if you can do these, you are sorted for the exam.

Haven't done too much of the practical disc yet but it looks pretty useful and I'll continue to work through it while taking lessons. This is a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Days, 19 Feb. 2009
If your looking to pass your theory as fast as possible then this is the disc for you. I used this disc for about 3 weeks before my test & i got 50/50. It's a close as you can get to the real thing. Dont bother with the book or cheaper discs, this is the uk best selling so buy it now & get that one step closer to FREEDOM! Happy Days

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tool, 29 Aug. 2008
GratuitousViolets "Ash" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm still in the learning stages before I hit my practical work, but I've found this gem has taught me so much more than I think I could have just read from books and learned from experience. The hazard perception system is excellent (although becomes limited in videos after a while), and the official theory test information is incredibly repetitive enough to get it stuck in your head permanently.

The game-like tests make things fun and the scoring system that keeps track of your work through the time you access the program leaves you always striving to beat your own scores.

I had just bought the 2008 edition, but I was delighted to try the most up to date version, which came with free Magnetic Learner Plates as well and the road signs test DVD included. It will tell you almost everything you need to know, what to do in emergencies, how to do car checks before long journeys and teach you about the basic controls of the car before you even need to sit behind the wheel.

Awesome package - definately perfect for someone who hasn't started practical driving yet and is a bit wary of getting behind the wheel without knowing anything about the roads, signs, or cars.

Driving Test Success ALL Tests Deluxe 2009/2010 Edition (PC)
Driving Test Success ALL Tests Deluxe 2009/2010 Edition (PC) by Focus Multimedia Ltd (Windows Vista / XP)
Used & New from: £3.99