4.0 out of 5 stars good hard disc
Published on 24 Mar 2010 by Mr. Jp Vincent

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, but could be better
Read good reviews about this so I bought this 1 year ago from Amazon.

The first one ran well for a few months but then I heard a horrible clicking sound on start up and over the next few weeks the drive got worse and worse, then it suddenly died.

Published on 7 Sep 2010 by Captain Lobster

4.0 out of 5 stars good hard disc, 24 Mar 2010
Mr. Jp Vincent (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung SpinPoint HD322HJ 320 GB SATA F1 Series Internal Hard Drive with 16 MB Buffer Memory (Personal Computers)
I bought this disc drive to replace the one installed in my home PC. I wanted to keep the original hard disc, with windows XP installed, and have this new disc running Linux (Fedora 12). Anyway, I simply removed the old disc and installed the new one. No BIOS settings to worry about, no jumpers or switches to fiddle with, it just worked. It's not noisy (can't hear it over the PC fan) and it's fast enough for me to never even think about it. So, I'm happy with it...

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, but could be better, 7 Sep 2010
Read good reviews about this so I bought this 1 year ago from Amazon.

Contacted Samsung UK but they where useless and didn't want to know so the drive was sent back to Amazon for replacement.

The replacement has been working very well for almost 1 year and has given me no problems so far.

*************

Good points
Amazon are brilliant, they replaced this drive with no worries.

Its perfect, fast and reliable very low noise.

Bad points
Samsung are an utter pain and will not let you send the drive directly back to them for replacement under warranty.

Quality control some of these drives are bad, others are brilliant its 50/50 thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars unexpected find, 1 Aug 2010
I bought a Targa external HD from Lidl and thought I would see what was inside. Behold this very Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD. Nice piece of kit. Initially got for backing up files from my laptop, but seriously thinking about having it as my 2nd drive in my desktop as all the connections are there. As Homer would say, WoHoo.

4.0 out of 5 stars where would we be without amazon, 30 May 2010
H. Atkinson (Gainsborough, UK) - See all my reviews
a good quality product, everything i expected, well packaged and prompt deliverySamsung SpinPoint HD322HJ 320 GB SATA F1 Series Internal Hard Drive with 16 MB Buffer Memory