on 15 March 2011
Brilliant season. I'm not too embarrassed to say I'm 21 and still love these episodes. Salem the cat will still make me laugh whatever age. Good investment!
on 2 February 2010
This is a great series. If you want laughs, magic, romance and the genius that is Salem the cat, you have come to the right place. Sabrina Series 3 delivers plenty of laughs etc. I particularly liked the sibling rivalry between Aunts Hilda and Zelda as they compete for the affections of Mr Kraft (who is a little mean but can be an idiot as well). He insists on being mean to Sabrina and her friends, despite the fact that he is dating one of her aunts. Salem the cat is on top form too with his quirky lines. I highly reccomend this series for anyone who likes a good comedy. Sabrina will cast a spell on you!
on 21 May 2010
This season was really the Best one of them all, sad to say that after this one, Sabrina starts to look a bit trashy (the show not the actress:))...if u liked some episode and u cant remember where it was, it must have been this or the second season. This Season is a valuable product to buy
I freely admit there is nothing deep or classic about Sabrina the Teenage Witch. But I love the fantasy and humor the show represents. And the third season continues to charm.

As season two ended, Sabrina Spellman (Melissa Joan Hart) thought got her witch's license, a step she thought would give her all knowledge and power. Unfortunately, she finds out there's one little hitch. She can't actually use it until she solves the Spellman family secret. Helping her do that are her aunts Hilda (Caroline Rhea) and Zelda (Beth Broderick). And there's also the family cat, Salem (voiced by Nick Bakay).

But Sabrina also has to deal with life as a normal teenage. That means school. Things haven't changed too much in that regard this season. She still has her best friend Valerie (Lindsay Sloane) and boyfriend Harvey (Nate Richert). Unfortunately, that also means she is dealing with head cheerleader Libby (Jenna Leigh Green) who hates Sabrina. And even worse, Aunt Zelda has started dating vice Principal Willard Kraft (Martin Mull).

So, what kind of problems can a teenage witch get into? She discovers that her family becomes addicted to pancakes. Salem bets Sabrina and her aunts in a high stakes poker game - and loses. Christmas almost goes the way of Bo Bunk. Sabrina must face off against some pirates after her magic has turned fake. When Sabrina and Hilda try a silent spell to keep from ruining Zelda's special night with Mr. Kraft, the house turns into a black and white silent movie. Sabrina's life gets turned into a reality TV show against her will. All this leads to the season finale in which we finally learn the Spellman family secret, only to learn that it might mean the end of Sabrina.

While this season doesn't start out with a birthday episode, it does include Halloween and Christmas episodes. Somehow, they pretend that seasons two and three take place in one year so that they can keep Sabrina in high school for four years. (She just turned sixteen as season one started), but that's a rant for another time.

What is here is plenty of fun. Yes, the show follows a pretty basic formula, but the paths they take are always so creative that I can't help but get caught up in the episode no matter how many times I've seen it. And yes, I keep laughing all the way through, too.

The show lived on special effects, and they really did a decent job with them. Occasionally, you can tell when they cut a scene to add an effect, but most of the time, I'm fooled. Okay, so I'm not trying that hard to see the trick behind the effect. I like believing what I am watching.

The acting is great as always. One reason I think I like the show is I love how much fun the cast seems to be having together. Yes, I feel like even the characters we're not supposed to like actually did enjoy being on the show. That chemistry makes me believe all the performances that much more.

And, as always, the guest cast is top notch. N'Sync and Jerry Springer pop by as themselves for one episode. Other guests include Ruth Buzzi and an early appearance by Frankie Muniz. But my favorite bit of guest star casting was Julia Duffy of Newhart fame as Principal Kraft's witch of a first wife.

Like previous seasons of the show, this release is bare bones. We get all 25 half hour episodes on four discs, and that's it. The picture and stereo sound are good.

Nope, Sabrina the Teenage Witch wasn't breaking any new ground with season 3. But it was fun and creative, and that keeps me coming back to keep laughing all over again. This is one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

Trivia Note: In one episode, Aunt Hilda is deported to The Other Realm because she has not properly filled out her immigration paper work. The test she fails involves her pronouncing certain words like a Canadian. Caroline Rhea, who plays her, is from Canada. I always get a special kick out of that one.
on 13 April 2011
Everything clicks in this season, especially the acting. The season is the last appearance of Valerie, who I felt was the most interesting of all of Sabrina's friends. There are also some excellent episodes, including "Silent Movie", "Pancake Madness", "Good Will Haunting" and "Salem, the Boy". As ever, Salem steals the shows, thanks to some excellent dialogue and a fantastic performance by Nick Bakay.
on 24 April 2010
I decided to buy a Sabrina DVD as they are no longer shown on TV and picked season 3 which is definetly the funniest. It follows sabrina trying to work out her family secret to gain her witch's license with help from visiting family members who give her clues. Sabrina is still in high school with Harvey, Libby, Valerie, Mr. Craft and Mrs. Quick. Her aunts Hilda and Zelda are also on top form and this is Salems best season. This season has some of the shows best episodes with all the best characters on top form. If you love Sabrina, this is the season to get and along with the great price - you can't go wrong.
on 15 October 2013
I watched Sabrina a lot when my grand-daughter was little, then ended up watching it myself every day! Loved it and loved the cat who I thought was hilarious. I decided to buy the 1st season as a xmas present for my step grand-daughter and she loved it, so I bought season 2 for her birthday and this one last xmas. I shall be getting her season 4 for xmas this year probably.
on 6 December 2012
Like a lot of other reviewers, I grew up watching Sabrina and am rediscovering them now. Having completed a marathon of the third season yesterday, I can say that it is without doubt my favourite. Every other season has episodes that are forgettable or not quite up to scratch, but in season 3, every episode has you howling with laughter!
on 20 December 2013
I'm 28years old and still love Sabrina The Teenage Witch after all these years.My kids of 5 and 7years love Season 1,2 and 3 that i have brought.It hasn't lost it's magic and it's nice that my own kids can now see what a propar kids tv show is all about instead of the rubbish the kids tv channels put on today.
on 3 July 2013
Watch this with my kids when they were small. Brought the DVD for my Grandson. Still great viewing . Sabrina has stood the test of time