Size: 1-Pack|Colour: White|Change
Price:£4.00+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 282 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on 18 June 2012
Amazon delivered on the day they promised - their usual excellent service - my usual comment!

The actual block of sockets is quite a bit shorter than other 4-way extensions - the gap between the sockets is minimal. This might be a problem if you wanted to plug several big power supplies into it but for standard UK 3 pin plugs it's fine. (Would certainly be OK for 2 big power supplies and 2 sockets.)

It's good for short-range power extension runs. The 1 metre cable means you don't have to find room for loads of coiled cable.

The combination of the shorter block and short cable made it the ideal size for my needs. For those interested there is no power LED, but that's hardly essential.

Therefore 5 stars - over and out!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 August 2015
I use this power bar to expand the number of sockets available to me in a single location. (Buyers, please be aware that this is not a surge protector or an extension cord!) It works perfectly, and allows me to plug in several low-powered devices without having to find another receptacle, and without having to deal with the long cable of an extension cord. A great buy for anyone living in a place with few sockets or who needs to plug in several devices at the same location!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 January 2016
I'm not entirely sure what I can say about an extension lead other than it does what it says on the tin attitude, but I'll give it a try : ) Ok, it has, as it says, 4 sockets. It's an approved unit so you'd imagine the safety is not in question and, to date, I've not had any issues. It has a sealed plug so you can't re-wire yourself which, in my mere opinion, is a good thing as I don't have enough knowledge to start playing with the internal workings of an extension cable. The rear side the main unit has shaped holes to allow you to wall mount it (or even on the underside of a desk or table) if you so wish and the length of the lead is completely accurate. It doesn't have surge protection but as it doesn't state that it does, you wouldn't expect it by default. I've had it in use with just one plug and with all four sockets in use and not had any issues to date. It appears to work well and I'd have no question in recommending it as a basic, simple extension lead. Good quality and value for money
on 26 December 2015
Well, I'm not quite sure how to review a extension lead so hear goes!

For starters the cable is long enough for where I intended for it to go, I saw a few 2 star it reviews on how the cable is to short but it clearly states in the title that it has a 1 Meter cable. It's not hard to measure is it? I plugged in everything I needed (PC, Monitor, Xbox and a phone charger) and they all work as intended. No indication of not enough power or any other problems. I also tried unplugging and replugging in plugs to see if the spark issue was happening and I got no sparks so other people's products may have been faulty.

Overall 5/5 - Does exactly what I need, Nothing more, nothing less.
There are times that you may need an extension socket that has a 5 or 10 metre lead and other times when something much shorter will suffice. I therefore ordered two!

There is an obvious problem when using computers that, unless you are using an all-in-one computer or multi-function printer, you are going to need several mains sockets. Add speakers, a drive or two, a USB hub, a phone charger or similar and you may be approaching a dozen or more. I don't know of many homes that have that many in a single room , yet alone in a cluster for such uses. These extensions are useful for that. You do not usually need excessively long mains leads, other than perhaps for the first and then 2 meters should suffice, as the additional length then becomes a nuisance and a physical danger. Fortunately, few computers and peripherals need substantial power requirements, and that number of sockets will probably never exceed the rating for any one fixed socket and certainly not if the overall load is spread between two or more.

Sensibly priced, if rather basic, they are not provided with a power indicator that would add to the cost, but it is not an essential.

Good value and more than adequate for the purpose. Recommended.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 June 2012
This is a great value 4-way sockets with 1m extension cable AND at a very low price. I've come across similar low-priced extension sockets in supermarkets BUT not as cheap as this here on Amazon (under £2.75). The socket unit and the plug are both of excellent build quality with a thick & sturdy cable hence no trouble in handling the rated current (fused with 13A).

This is an extension socket without bells and whistles (no neon pilot light, no socket switch - individual or common) and honestly not to be expected at this low price.

Highly Recommended.
on 4 January 2016
Really pleased. I was firstly really happy with the bargain price of £3 as an add on item; couldn't find it cheaper elsewhere. I was a bit dubious of the quality given it was so cheap but to my relief it was actually very good quality; thus the description was very accurate. It's a fantastic bright white colour rather than a dull white like some extensions are. Overall this was a fantastic buy and I would definitely recommend it.
on 15 October 2012
Great for what was needed..
I had a box double plug that was continuing being knocked by my cats in the front room. I was scared it would cause an accident or at worst a fire so decided to purchase a floor extension. This product sits neatly in my flat and gives me a peace of mind. Packaged well and securely, protecting the item well.
Would recommend and will be purchasing a few more for around my flat.
Thanks :)
on 11 May 2015
I purchased this item as I needed extra power sockets for my broadband router and cordless telephone. This worked well. It isn't wall mountable however I purchased some adhesive Velcro and attached it to my wall. It looks like a professional set up now. The unit is small and doesn't take up much space but accommodates all the plugs.

The length of the cable is accurate and I would recommend this product to anyone.
on 10 July 2014
Does what I expected it to. Came in an enormous packet. Works well - no problems so far. Well worth the money.