Size: Size - 6-8 Years|Change

on 18 March 2012
Bought this as a gift for a young Piratey Shipmate. Deckhand promoted to Captain!

Size 'medium' is a good fit with growing room for an average 6 year old, will probably be outgrown by age 7 - definitely before 8.
Seams are well finished, fabric is good quality.
Big cuffs and buckles definitely add to the the swagger factor.
Better than being the cabin boy any day!
Loved it.

One minor niggle - though not with the product...
Do all pirates have to have swords and shout so much? Great for a day or two, but weeks later, my head is reeling! Pirates are actually baddies aren't they?

Oh well, boys will be boys. A huge cardboard box begged from John Lewis made a great pirate ship, and we have all been to the East Indies for a picnic, so there is hope.
And sharks. Always sharks...

Thanks for reading.
on 17 February 2012
Beautifully packaged! A lovely well presented box! Fast delivery. Lovely as a gift. Having read the other reviews I ordered a size 3-5 years for my son's 5th birthday. He is average height but very slim and the trousers are still quite long and could be worn over jeans. The top was perfect in size. The white material underneath is attached on one side and has velcro on the other side to close the jacket. Considering most dress up outfits are poor quality this one is better. The clothes have retained their shape really well and look amazing when worn! He has had lots of great comments even when he just wears the top and hat with jeans. (Didn't have any red material hanging from the hat???) I would definitely recommend this outfit and this seller. It isn't your typical pirate suit which makes it even more special.
on 16 August 2012
Needed a Pirate outfit for my daughters pre school Pirate day.I thought it looked a bit different in the pictures, It hasn't got the red tassel hanging from the hat. But overall it is great, if i had to make one criticism it would be they should make the hat a different colour, maybe black. Other than that i love it
on 29 July 2011
Bought this for my little boy (3yrs) and he loves it not the best materials but did the job all the same! Needed to watch out as the legging was a bit long and he fell over a few times. Had the item now for a while and to be honest he hasn't bothered much with it now just like all kids lost interest
on 10 July 2013
Gorgeous item with lovely detailing. Would recommend!!!!! Good price, washes well and stands out from shop bought costumes. Lots of people asked where we got this smashing costume..
on 23 October 2012
My three-and-a-half-year-old loves it, and I think it's great because it's so different from all the flimsy polyester black and white pirate costumes in the shops.
on 14 September 2012
Bought for a little boy slightly younger than the advertised age group, it was, nevertheless, an instant success and fulfilled his pirate dreams. Good value for the price.
on 21 August 2011
Exactly as it looks in the picture. The clothes are passable quality, not great. About what you would expect for the cost I think. But that is not the point. My son looked great in the outfit. He grew out of his last pirate costume and this one is much more grown up.

The costume got to me slightly faster than I expected and everything went smoothly so I would buy another costume from this seller when the opportunity arises.
on 22 October 2013
Quick delivery and outfit was very good quality for the money paid. Looks much better on than the cheap versions. Quite large sizing.
on 30 July 2013
I got this for my 5 year old son. Its very good quality and looks good. My son is quite big for his age so I bought a slightly bigger size and the trousers are too big for him. However, he has worn the coat and hat over normal trousers and it still looks good. Only slight negative comment is that the red scarf shown on the hat in the photo doesnt come with it.

See one answered question