on 12 February 2010
I bought this clarinet as a first instrument for my daughter, who has just started to learn at school. I must admit that I didn't do alot of research, as I just assumed that all clarinets are pretty much the same. This one was at the right price, and seemed ideal. When it arrived, I was impressed and so was my daughter -it looks fine, and comes with a decent case. I was pleased with my purchase, and sent my daughter off to school for her lesson.

Unfortunately, the clarinet teacher was not so pleased and she has advised me to get another one. She says that the Lindo is barely fit for purpose, and that she doesn't want to teach on it! I'll give a summary of her views:

1: The instrument is not at concert pitch, which means that it may not play in tune with other instruments, even other clarinets!
2: The intonation is very poor - this means that certain notes in a scale will be higher or lower in pitch than they should be. This means that it sounds out of tune even when being played on its own.
3: Poor quality keywork - this one is probably the worst. The teacher says that the metal used for the keywork is so soft and bendy that it may never be possible to get all the notes playing. I took it to my local music shop to have it assessed, and they refused to work on it, because they said it was never going to play properly.
4: Poor Tone! It should probably come as no surprise by this point that the tone is not good. The body of the instrument is made of a very basic resin, and produces almost no depth or warmth of sound.

Overall, buying an instrument like this for a new learner, or for any learner was a big mistake! As the teacher says: A child learning a musical instrument needs one that plays well and sounds reasonable. I didn't want to spend too much on what could just be a passing phase, but in fact I now realise that an instrument that doesn't play properly can guarantee that the child will not do well. After some advise from my local music shop, and alot of talking with the teacher, I am going to spend a little more.

Based on my experience, I advise that you steer well clear of this one.
on 11 January 2014
Very good quality and for a good price. Better than some more expensive one that others have bought. Would recommend
on 4 September 2010
Bought Sunday, received Tuesday morning so very quick delivery (even had tracking email sent to me too!) I didn't buy this on Amazon but just came across this listing whilst looking for reeds and was surprised to see the review. I don't agree with what the 1 star review said (overly harsh if you ask me!!) as I haven't had any problems at all and have recommended this instrument to friends/parents who have also bought them for their children learning at school. I'm not a technical sorta guy but sounds great and for the price is unbeatable value. Buy one now and see!