5.0 out of 5 stars Should have been Bafta Number 2 for Simon Beaufoy
Published on 11 Mar 2009 by Catherine Mack

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite hot enough to ignite
Basic story line was good but it went nowhere and had the feel of a B movie. All I can say is it filled in a couple of hours and just held my interest.
Published 11 months ago by J. Orchard

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have been Bafta Number 2 for Simon Beaufoy, 11 Mar 2009
This review is from: Burn Up [DVD] (DVD)
This extraordinary film has somehow escaped the mass media attention which writer Simon Beaufoy got for Slumdog MIllionaire. It is equally brilliant, well-researched and a superb thriller, incorporating all the issues of climate change we should all be thinking about. Why has the BBC not been shouting about this drama from the rooftops? They should be. I was totally gripped. (And if you liked the West Wing, this is also Bradley Whitford at his finest)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you care about the future, order Burn Up..., 27 Nov 2008
Donald Lyven (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Burn Up [DVD] (DVD)
I watched both 1.5 hour episodes on BBC iplayer, having missed the original broadcasts. Yes, it mentioned all the stuff we should know that's driving climate change and Peak oil, but in a cracking story with characters I cared about, and it actually had me in tears!

I have been waiting for this to come out on DVD and can't wait to see it again and watch it with several friends I know....

5.0 out of 5 stars Burn Up, 19 Mar 2009
This review is from: Burn Up [DVD] (DVD)
Wow - this is amazing. I had not seen this before as I live outside of the UK so bought it based on the review. It was well worth it. Lots of action, a great story line and not only that but it has the great Rupert Penry-Jones (spooks) in it. All in all a good buy which I would recommend to anyone who likes this genre of TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden gem, 14 April 2009
M. Marjukka (Finland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Burn Up [DVD] (DVD)
Burn up is a fast-paced thriller about oil and global warming, starring my favourite Spook, Rupert Penry-Jones as Tom, the new CEO of Arrow Oil.
The other protagonists are his old friend Mac, who plays hardball lobbying for the oil industry in Washington, DC, and Holly, an environmentalist activist, who has infiltrated Arrow Oil, as Head of Renewable Energies.

Burn up is about oil and the global warming. It is also about friendship,love,trust, loyalty and human decency. BBC has made a film about truly important and topical issues, but there has been surprisingly little noise about it. I stumbled on the dvd quite by chance and thought,this should be broadcast all over the Western world, the urgency of the decisions we need to make NOW would be far more effectively brought home to you by characters such as handsome, likeable Tom and sweet, smart and sincere Holly, characters you care about, than any amount of charts and scientific Doomsday talk that are all too easy to shrug off thinking, not in my lifetime, buddy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite hot enough to ignite, 3 Jan 2014
J. Orchard "Fife Flyer" (Kuwait) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Bur up, 24 Aug 2013
A. Kinnunen "MilFiSAINT" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Burn Up [DVD] (DVD)
I love the story and the tricky business. Who is right and who is wrong. What will happen without openness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Burn Up [DVD] (DVD)
The subject of the film is intriguing and at the same time scary, global warming, RPJ and Neve campbell perfect together. X

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thought provoking, 27 Jan 2012
Carolyn M. Stern (souhern california) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Burn Up [DVD] (DVD)
I can see why this show will never be released in the states. It doesn't exactly make us look like the good guys. But it is a great show and I loved it and did feel a bit ashamed. I kept expecting Al Gore to make a guest appearance.

Well worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 5 Jan 2011
This review is from: Burn Up [DVD] (DVD)
The manipulation of the truth for the furtherance of political expediency and greed in this film is breathtaking. It packs a real punch which is hard to duck simply because in real terms what is required is to take it on the chin. In time honoured fashion the situation is treated as something that needs rectifying but not at any cost and not on my watch. It is a tad sphincter gripping to think that the case presented here is in fact the real deal. The superb acting coupled with the reality and gravity of the subject matter make it a really watchable film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why not ?, 2 Dec 2010
This review is from: Burn Up [DVD] (DVD)
When you are both a fan of Rupert PJ and a friend of environment, you might enjoy this good TVfilm. Is it a TV film, by the way ?
Good entertainment !
PS : as usual, RPJ is gorgeous.

Burn Up [DVD]
Burn Up [DVD] by Bradley Whitford (DVD - 2009)