Season two of this show holds a special place in my heart. It was the season I started watching, so these characters seem like the original cast of the show to me. Additionally, it still contains some of my favorite episodes.

Published on 25 Jun 2009 by Mark Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars review
Arrived on time. Disc two has a small scratch don't like having to write this review I hope this rule changes very soon
Published on 6 Sep 2011 by Horsey

5.0 out of 5 stars "Get Real, Harvey. This Isn't a Fantasy. Now Let's Get Off This Cloud and Down That Beanstalk.", 25 Jun 2009
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Second Season [1997] [DVD] (DVD)

Sabrina Spellman (Melissa Joan Hart) is turning 17, the year that young witches get their license. Of course, it isn't that easy. Over the next year, Sabrina has to pass a series of tests given at random times by her Quizmaster (Alimi Ballard). She does get some guidance from her aunts Hilda (Caroline Rhea) and Zelda (Beth Broderick). Rounding out her home life is Salem their talking cat (voiced by Nick Bakay).

And she still has to try to survive high school where she makes a new friend in Valerie (Lindsay Sloan). Harvey (Nate Richert), Sabrina's sometimes boyfriend, is still around. Unfortunately, so is head cheerleader Libby (Jenna Leigh Green) who delights in making Sabrina's life as miserable as possible.

This is also the season that Aunt Zelda buys the labtop, a folding chemistry lap that fits right on their table. And it introduces Vice Principal Kraft (Martin Mull) who has a crush on Aunt Hilda at this point even as he delights in making Sabrina's life miserable.

Over the course of this season, Sabrina dates a witch who hates mortals, is turned into a doll by her spoiled cousin, tries to have a normal Halloween party despite the talking furniture, turns Libby into a puzzle, and grows a giant beanstalk right outside their house. Meanwhile, the entire cast heads to Disney's new Animal Kingdom theme park in an episode that aired two days after the park opened.

And this season also includes my favorite episode of the series. Sabrina learns that she can tell one mortal she is a witch on Friday the 13th. When the day is over, will she be glad that she told Valerie?

This show is pretty silly. I admit it. But I enjoy the light humor. I don't have to do anything but sit back, relax, and laugh. It's definitely a guilty pleasure.

And what makes it work are the characters. Oh, sure, they are all over the top. But the writers and actors do a good job of making us love them (or love to hate them in the case of Kraft and Libby.)

And you can't fault the special effects. Every episode has plenty of them, and they all work well.

Unfortunately, this set is just the episodes themselves with no bonus features. Still, with 26 episodes, it is a good deal for fans.

This isn't a show I go around bragging about watching very often, but I sure do enjoy it when I sit down to watch it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Nostalgia., 20 Mar 2011
Kirsty "book fan" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I used to watch Sabrina as a kid years ago on a Saturday evening, and I have to say it hasn't lost its magic all these years later!

Sabrina is growing up and getting used to being a witch in this series. As she is turning seventeen and using more advanced spells, she now has to apply for her official Witch's Licence. She needs this in order to carry on practising witchcraft. Throughout the series Sabrina is tested by her Quizmaster, who tends to turn up at the the most difficult times for Sabrina, as she's usually struggling with a backfired spell or other problem - which is where the laughs come from!

This is a great series as its really found its flow and is full of humour. It's also the series that introduces us to new entertaining characters such as Vice Principal Craft, and new best friend Valerie. There are plenty of fun and fantastical episodes in this series as well as the hidden morals that Sabrina is taught through the disguise of tests from the Quizmaster.

No bonus features - but to be honest you don't miss them with so many episodes to keep you busy!
PS I heart Salem!

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 3 Mar 2012
Bought this as a treat to myself. Remember it from when I was a kid. Definately takes me back :)
Item arrived quickly, would definately reccommend !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars winner, 2 Sep 2013
only 5 more to get and my Grandaughter Katie will have the whole lot what will I get next for her ????

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 4 Mar 2013
It's the third season. Much hilarity. If you like teenage comedies with a bit of silliness you will love Sabrina

5.0 out of 5 stars The old ones are the best, 3 Jan 2013
My 8 year old daughter loved this, as did my 10 year old son. Good clean fun teeny story lines, ideal for most ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sabrina The Teenage Witch - Season 2, 17 Jan 2012
This was an Xmas present for my daughter, so feedback is based on her response.
She absolutely loved it and the rest of us were told we did too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, 28 Dec 2011
I love this product. It arrived fast, has great quality. Very much worth the money.. so all in all it was a good purchase. Regret nothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars HAPPY HALLOWEEN SABRINA !!!!!!!!!!, 31 Oct 2011
Sabrina The Teenage Witch Season 2 is just as good as Season 1. The cute and sexy Sabrina and her supernatural magical charms won me over on TV. And is just as good on the DVD collections !I Married A Witch [DVD]Hocus Pocus [DVD] [1993]Charmed - the Complete First Season [DVD]

*****HAPPY HALLOWEEN*****

4.0 out of 5 stars Sabrina takes her own space on TV galaxy, 21 May 2010
Dan Škorpík "DandaPiperWillow" (Brno, Czech Republic) - See all my reviews
Definitely worth buying, Sabrina starts to look like a very enjoyable and original series...(Val is just hilarious:))

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Second Season [1997] [DVD]