5.0 out of 5 stars Fly boots
I had my heart set on these boots for years purely by the look of them...once I had saved this year I read the reviews as the boots were in my basket then panicked!!! Most of the reviews said that they were fab but totally NOT waterproof!! I was gutted and ummed and arrred for a few more days then decided sod it! Im getting them and will deal with it later!! They came,...
Published on 19 Oct 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Odd Sizing!!
I agree that these are lovely boots (soft leather, stunning colours, great design), but FLY sizing is notoriously odd at the best of times.
An Amazon 8 as listed here is a 41, which actually fits more like a 40! The leg too is narrow,and the height of these boots 'cuts off' the leg making your leg look odd and wide. Would suit very skinny legs only.

I...
Published on 11 Nov 2008 by Bob's Mum

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING DO NOT BUY BEFORE READING THIS, 10 April 2013
L. Timms (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fly London Women's Mes Mid Calf Boots (Apparel)
Absolutely gutted by these boots they are like paper in the rain! Waterproofing doesn't work because the leather is not the problem, the problem is that the midsole (between the outer sole and the boot) is made of CARDBOARD!! I am not joking!
It is exposed to the outside and nothing you do will make it water tight, I've tried waxing it, glueing it, all sorts of waterproofing stuff and have even used epoxy resin. The cardboard WILL FALL APART.
I've even had them resoled with the best soles you can buy and they are still falling off even tho I've have them stuck back on 4 times!!

If you still want these boots then only wear them in dry weather, if you get them wet they will not dry!

4.0 out of 5 stars wore them in the rain...., 22 Jan 2011
This review is from: Fly London Women's Mes Mid Calf Boots (Apparel)
and they kept my feet dry which was a shock as I read reviews that everyone was getting damp toes in these. I'm a large size 8.... in trainers I take a 9.... so I was a little worried if these were going to fit. They are snug to get on as the bridge is quite narrow, but I find this helps to keep my foot in place. I would say normal width at the toes.... and I have removed the insoles as they are a tiny tad small in length for me. Without the insoles they are perfect. I think that these boots will stretch, so Im keeping the insoles nearby as I think I will be putting them back in before you know it.

I have problem feet as Ive pounded the streets with jogging and Im an aerobics instructor... so you can imagine my feet take some stress. But I wore these boots a couple of days straight and had happy feet.

Be careful they do slip on certain surfaces when wet.... just like trainers do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Look great, poor sizing!, 17 Aug 2012
Sizing: It's important to know that these Fly boots are sized according to European shoe sizing. Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't share this information and instead makes an inaccurate conversion to UK sizes. Consequently, when I ordered my size (a 'UK7'), what arrived was a boot in European sizing marked as a size 40. This is actually smaller than a UK7 and is closer to a UK6.5. I couldn't even get my foot in it, so I had to return it (which was a bit of a hassle...not to mention the cost of postage and of insuring the parcel, although I hope this will be refunded). I re-ordered the boot in what Amazon described as a 'UK8' and they arrived this morning. The 'UK8' is actually a Euro 41. This translates roughly to a UK7.5 but it fits me perfectly.

I'm ultimately happy, but feel that all the hassle I experienced having to return and re-order this product (and await a refund for the original order) could have been avoided if Amazon listed the European sizes for this boot. I could have made a much more informed choice with a bit more information. It was incredibly frustrating to select and order my size, only to find upon arrival that the boots are sized according to a different region (and did not fit as expected)! Everyone will be different, I am sure, so if you know you're true to your shoe size, sometimes go up or down half a size or have wide/narrow feet etc. then take all of this into consideration when ordering.

That aside, they look great and feel very comfortable. I'll be more aware of Fly sizing when making future purchcases.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fly Mes Boots., 27 April 2012
This review is from: Fly London Women's Mes Mid Calf Boots (Apparel)
Ordered and just over 24 hrs later they arrived plus free delivery so a great start. Boots are fab, gorgeous soft waxed leather with a strong inner zip. I am a sz 6 but have a wide foot, I have tried a 6 in store before but just couldn't get my foot in the boots and there was no 7 to try so left it. When I saw these were reduced plus had free delivery and returns decided to go for it - they are great. It was a bit of a squeeze to get my trotter in past the high apron bit but as soon as my foot popped in they were great, can feel they are a tad too long but then they would be being a sz larger than I normally wear but width and comfort wise they are great plus the bit extra allows for socks. They come up to mid calf and fasten easily on my sz 16 legs. Overall a great boot and would definitely recommend, buy your normal sz if you have an average fit foot but wider feet may struggle unless you go for a larger sz. By the way the buckle over the apron is decorative and makes no difference to the boots fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots!, 6 Oct 2012
These boots are great!! I was a bit worried about the sizing and waterproof-ness from the other reviews I'd read but am really pleased with them. They were a UK 4 and I've worn them in wet weather with no probs. It took a while to get them on the first time but they are fine after the initial go. Really comfy, look great, very practical and LOADS cheaper than any where else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous boots comfy and yet look amazing, 10 Feb 2012
C. D. Morgan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fly London Women's Mes Mid Calf Boots (Apparel)
I bought these boots to try as the reviews read that they were small and tight around the calves. The size 8 is a 41 which is roomy 7. and the Calfs fit my wide legs. They are extremely comfortable. Stood up to the snow, no leaks and had some grip (Just a touch slippy).
The red is vibrant colour ans they amazing with tight jeans, leggings or chunky tights

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love these boots!, 2 Dec 2011
Alison "runninggirlcycling" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fly London Women's Mes Mid Calf Boots (Apparel)
I bought these boots in purple patent leather. The photograph of the purple boots doesn't really show the patent texture - but they are shiny, not matt, just as you would expect for a patent leather. I would describe the colour as a burgundy purple, nearer a deep red than the violet end of purple.

They are extremely comfortable and the buckle around the mid calf is adjustable (despite the description saying they are non functioning) so you can make it fit to suit your calf.

I can take a size 7, 7.5 or 8 depending on the manufacturer - I got these in an 8 and they fit great. Fly London label the size 8 as an EU41, so they are probably on the smaller end of size 8 (some manufacturers have EU42 as size 8).

I now want some matt leather Mes boots in another colour :)

5.0 out of 5 stars yay fit round my big calf!, 4 Sep 2011
This review is from: Fly London Women's Mes Mid Calf Boots (Apparel)
These boots are so comfy, they never feel new, no need to were in. the first few times it was a bit tight to get my foot in but once on were fab, Had tried them on in a shop to check they fitted round my calf which is larger than average (about 44cm i think) and they did. yay!

I was a little miffed as i orderd dark brown and they are maroon which is ok but they are patent which they dont look like in the pic and it doesn't say unless you look carefully at the product discription. Oh well no need to polish i guess!

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS MES!, 17 Feb 2011
I have now had several pairs of Fly Boots, and by far the best for me have been Fly Mol and these, Fly Mes. They are true to size, whereas other Fly styles I have found to come up far too big. They are a great quality leather.
I love these Fly Mes. They are so comfortable and are bang on trend with the biker boot style. Because they finish just below the shin, they are not too tight like Fly Mol are to some people. They look great with skinny jeans or leggings, but probably would not look so good with baggier styles.
If I could give any advice, it would be to go for the black or any of the patent colours. They do not scratch easily like the other colours. I have bought a couple of pairs in other colours but they scratch at the slightest touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 8 July 2014