Price:£99.95 - £120.00

on 7 August 2011
I have been after a pair of Fly London boots for ages - but the price was a bit prohibitive. With Amazon offering a fantastic summer saving I pounced and am so pleased that I did!

The leather is soft, the colour is great and the sole/heel is just chunky/low wedge enough to look funky yet be great to walk in. The mid-calf height is good and the calf buckle actually works allowing you to fit the boots better to size of your calves - which is brilliant. Like other reviewers I have sprayed mine with a good protector, I'm not planning to run through any puddles in them but I'm sure they'll get wet at some point!

Two bits of advice: 1. Find a shop selling Fly London and try some on before ordering. I have skinny half size feet and needed to go down a size (as Fly don't do half sizes). The boots have come up a bit narrow on one foot, but the leather is so soft that I'm sure a bit of wearing in will stretch them in no time. 2. Keep clicking on Amazon and checking out the prices, they can really fluctuate between colours too so it's really worth keeping an eye on the pair you're after.
on 30 August 2015
I decided to overlook the reviews that mentioned the boots weren't waterproof - I felt as long as I didn't wade through any deep puddles they'd be fine. BIG MISTAKE! First outing - average rainfall, but I avoided any puddles - within 15 minutes my feel were completely waterlogged, and actually making a gross squelching sound. Both boots were totally ruined - the soles had creased up inside and they had a massive waterstain half way up (the boots had soaked up water like a sponge!) - they are now completely unwearable.
on 9 August 2012
I am a confirmed fan of Fy footwear and am currently on my 2nd pair of Mes boots. They are super comfortable, fit me brilliantly and look great. They're not however the hardest wearing boots. The soles wear quite quickly and the exposed feature seams that attach the leather to the sole tend to start leaking - not great when it rains. But I love them so much.

Anyway, amazon were offering a discount on footwear so I did a search for these lovely Mes boots (so I have a backup pair) and these ones came up at the top of the list and at the best price. Great, I ordered them. But when they arrived I found they have a thick fleece lining! That's what the 'warm' in the title means. Because of the thick lining, they didn't fit me so I sent them back. It's not at all clear that these boots are different to the classic version. The fleece lining isn't mentioned in the bullet pointed features next to the picture and you can't tell from the picture itself. In fact you have to scroll half way down the page to the description before it's mentioned.

So, just make sure you're buying the right thing! And if it is what you want, perhaps opt for a bigger size than you'd normally take.
on 11 January 2013
Loved the look of these boots and have had many complements yet - like others have mentioned already they dont withstand any amount rain underfoot. soooo annoying- have to reconsider wardrobe depending on forecast. Sort it out FLY!! These would be perfect otherwise . Only deserve one star as they are winter boots sold in rainy uk and so are USELESS!!!
on 22 January 2012
I bought the boots for my wife prior to us going to Prague in January 2010. They looked great, but let water in from day one, and were so completely useless that we had to buy some new ones whilst away. I cannot understand for a second how such a basic flaw can exist in a winter boot, it really does beggar belief.

Prior to us going away, I had already sprayed them with protector, but upon our return I sprayed them again even more thoroughly as it had clearly not worked. I have since tried the boots with every water resistant product on the market, but they still let water in when it rains, and are a complete non starter in snow.

My wife has therefore only worn them when it is dry for the last year or so, despite this proving a massive inconvenience for a pair of winter boots, but now she can't even do that as the zip has broken - what a quality product!

I have written to Fly, but it seems that they couldnt care less, and have not even replied. So by way of a summary, the boots might look good, but you'll get just as much protection for your feet if you go outside in your socks or tights, and 1 star is 1 more than they deserve.
on 11 November 2008
I agree that these are lovely boots (soft leather, stunning colours, great design), but FLY sizing is notoriously odd at the best of times.
An Amazon 8 as listed here is a 41, which actually fits more like a 40! The leg too is narrow,and the height of these boots 'cuts off' the leg making your leg look odd and wide. Would suit very skinny legs only.

I absolutley love FLY boots, but ordering from Amazon is going to be hit and miss on sizing unless you are TOTALLY sure on what size you need (and are getting - Amazon should list the continental sizing too I feel).
Perhaps try on locally if you can first? Its a lot of money to get the wrong size and be disappointed.
22 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 April 2013
Absolutely gutted by these boots they are like paper in the rain! Waterproofing doesn't work because the leather is not the problem, the problem is that the midsole (between the outer sole and the boot) is made of CARDBOARD!! I am not joking!
It is exposed to the outside and nothing you do will make it water tight, I've tried waxing it, glueing it, all sorts of waterproofing stuff and have even used epoxy resin. The cardboard WILL FALL APART.
I've even had them resoled with the best soles you can buy and they are still falling off even tho I've have them stuck back on 4 times!!

If you still want these boots then only wear them in dry weather, if you get them wet they will not dry!
on 29 November 2013
I looked at Fly boots for AGES online. All I kept reading about was the lack of waterproofing. In the end I ordered them and hoped for the best. I ordered a size 7 instead of my usual 6 as they are fleece lined and another review had suggested sizing up. They do fit, and I'm not sure if a 6 might have been a bit too tight/short in terms of the lining that goes all around the inside sole too, so have stuck with a 7. For me, they look lovely. They are stylish and classy looking. The leather is very soft. As per another review, they DO mark very easily. Even in trying them on, they got marked. However, actually, it adds to the character of the boot. Cant say what they would be like in another colour, I bought the camel brown. In terms of waterproofness, I have not worn them in the rain, as I didnt want to risk it. I have worn them daily on the school run, in cold/damp weather, but not in pouring rain, as dont see the point in risking them getting soaked. I did spray them with a waterproof spray. They will need a leather wax on them soon to polish them up I think. One thing I have noticed, is that they are not particularly good at gripping the pavement where we have had a few frosty mornings..bit disappointed by that as they are a winter boot. The one other thing I found was that in a size 7 they DO look a bit unfeminine in some ways. The are not a delicate looking boot as they are wide around the toe area. Overall, I would say if youre looking for a WARM, chunky, comfortable, and nice looking pair of boots for those cold days to wear with skinny jeans or skirt/tights, then these are lush. Go for it.
on 11 January 2010
I ordered these boots as a christmas present to my wife. Only to discover that on christmas day, I'd been sent the wrong size! To make matters worse, the size I wanted is no longer available.

Not very impressed with the Company that dealt with this order.
on 2 September 2012
I've been wanting some fly boots for ages....got these ready for the weather change. They look great with skinny jeans and are super comfy/warm. Haven't worn them in any adverse weather,but I'm hopeful they'll stand up to it!

See one answered question