5.0 out of 5 stars Fly boots
Published on 19 Oct 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Odd Sizing!!
I agree that these are lovely boots (soft leather, stunning colours, great design), but FLY sizing is notoriously odd at the best of times.
An Amazon 8 as listed here is a 41, which actually fits more like a 40! The leg too is narrow,and the height of these boots 'cuts off' the leg making your leg look odd and wide. Would suit very skinny legs only.

I...
Published on 11 Nov 2008 by Bob's Mum

5.0 out of 5 stars Fly boots, 19 Oct 2011
I had my heart set on these boots for years purely by the look of them...once I had saved this year I read the reviews as the boots were in my basket then panicked!!! Most of the reviews said that they were fab but totally NOT waterproof!! I was gutted and ummed and arrred for a few more days then decided sod it! Im getting them and will deal with it later!! They came, they are gorgeous, and as of yet they are dry! I am definitely going to get some heavy duty waterproofing stuff for them before winter sets in but I have worn them in the rain and so far so good!! Im glad i got them! GET THEM GET THEM!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Odd Sizing!!, 11 Nov 2008
Bob's Mum (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

I absolutley love FLY boots, but ordering from Amazon is going to be hit and miss on sizing unless you are TOTALLY sure on what size you need (and are getting - Amazon should list the continental sizing too I feel).
Perhaps try on locally if you can first? Its a lot of money to get the wrong size and be disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars wet feet!!, 11 Jan 2013
Loved the look of these boots and have had many complements yet - like others have mentioned already they dont withstand any amount rain underfoot. soooo annoying- have to reconsider wardrobe depending on forecast. Sort it out FLY!! These would be perfect otherwise . Only deserve one star as they are winter boots sold in rainy uk and so are USELESS!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars comfort zone, 11 Feb 2009
i love the boots BUT they have not been good in the snow unfortunately they have leaked and I have ended up with very wet feet.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 23 Dec 2009
Fly boots look terrific on however I have bought 2 pairs in the past 3 years and both have let me down badly with leaking and wet soles. They are fashion boots only for indoors. Even if the pavement is slightly wet from a shower going out in these boots makes my feet damp. 2 friends recently bought a pair each and have had the same problem. The makers would benefit from seriously considering the construction of the boot or issueing a statement when sold that they are not to be worn in any wet conditions. I will not be buying another pair and do not advise anyone to purchase them unless for staying indoors and looking good, hopeless if you actually want to walk anywhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, 9 Jan 2012
I adore Fly and their wonderful footwear. Before buying the women's mes camel boots I read the reviews and was sceptical about comments regarding leakage and problems with the soles. BUT I WAS WRONG. These boots look lovely but have been rubbish. Problems started after 5 weeks of basic usage and by 4 months the sole was separating on both boots turning them into death traps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely boots but didn't fit., 10 Feb 2014
A. Barnes "abarnes" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fly London Women's Mes Mid Calf Boots (Apparel)
These boots look absolutely gorgeous but unfortunately they were slightly too tight across the top of my foot. I also read the reviews about them being not very waterproof and decided that I would prefer boots that I could wear in all weathers.

3.0 out of 5 stars love them but need work to make them perfect!!, 26 Sep 2012
Boots arrived a few days ago and they look, smell and feel lovely. I am a size 6 and the Fly six fits perfectly. They are very comfortable and i have walked a fair bit in them now so don't think any problems with comfort will arise. On a down note other reviewers are right, they do let in water when its raining. Since my first episode of damp feet i have sprayed them with shoe protector and rubbed some boot wax (used for walking boots)into the stitching area where the leather meets the sole, this has worked a treat and has not affected the colour of the leather. I also popped a little insole in as i felt the interior material made my feet cool/damp ....and now I am 100% happy.
I have given them 3 stars because i have had to put a bit of work in to get them up to scratch, but i do love them. I think 80 was a fair price compared to other boots out there. Second hand ones go for 40-50 on ebay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superfly boots, 20 Oct 2008
pepemia (scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Wow these are great boots ! They look fantastic and feel so slinky& ultra comfortable.
They are made from a really soft leather , that has a slightly aged appearance and really does feel like a second skin.They are extremely well made with lovely little touches like " fly" wrote on the side buckle.
They are a very flattering length, stopping on my calfs making them idea for jeans or skirts - look fantastic with skinny jeans.
The heel is great & sturdy but enough to give a faltering lift.
Wearing them is a joy and now Im constantily wearing outfits just so I can wear these boots with them ! Really Im so delighted I bought them and people are constantily commenting on them. I was slighilty hesitant about buying them because of the price but they really are worth it. These are the type of boots that will last for ever and always look stylish.
They feel amazing to wear- so, so comfortable you can wear them straight away and the biggest problem is wanting to take them off !
I bought the red colour and they are beautiful- a lovely rich red.
However my only caution is they atre broad made so you might find you need to take a size smaller than normal.
Fly usually make great boots and these are one of their best, your biggest problem is deciding which one of the lovely colours to buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING DO NOT BUY BEFORE READING THIS, 10 April 2013
L. Timms (UK) - See all my reviews
Absolutely gutted by these boots they are like paper in the rain! Waterproofing doesn't work because the leather is not the problem, the problem is that the midsole (between the outer sole and the boot) is made of CARDBOARD!! I am not joking!
It is exposed to the outside and nothing you do will make it water tight, I've tried waxing it, glueing it, all sorts of waterproofing stuff and have even used epoxy resin. The cardboard WILL FALL APART.
I've even had them resoled with the best soles you can buy and they are still falling off even tho I've have them stuck back on 4 times!!

If you still want these boots then only wear them in dry weather, if you get them wet they will not dry!