5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut CD
If you're expecting the usual pop songs and cliche lyrics that tend to come out of American Idol, then this album will surprise you!

Published on 23 Nov 2008 by Kaz M

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
Thought I'd give it a go as he was an X Factor winner from the States and I wasn't disappointed. Good songs, easy to listen to, just not the kind of music I would usually buy.
Published 18 months ago by Mrs F L Garbett

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut CD, 23 Nov 2008
Kaz M (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Cook (Audio CD)

David Cook's album is rock through and through, with catchy tunes, and lyrics that will get stuck in your head. From the athemic Declaration and Heroes, to the softer Come back to Me, to the poigantly personal Permanent, to the Metallic crunch of Bar-ba-sol ..... there's something for everyone on this album

If you like the music sound of Bon Jovi, Daughtry, U2, then you'll love this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 5 Dec 2008
Mrs. Sharon Fowell "scrapbookingsharica" (UK - CASTLEFORD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Cook (Audio CD)
OMG Just received this Album today from Amazon and it is amazing, I have most of his Pre-Idol stuff and am Plesantly suprised with this, I thought he might have been made to take a different road with this Album but i am glad he has kept inline with his other stuff.. I think maybe he could have had a couple of more rocky tracks, Maybe next time.. FANTASTIC ALBUM.David Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent album!!, 4 Dec 2008
This review is from: David Cook (Audio CD)
Just received this through the post(why did it take so long???), definately worth the wait, it is brillient, he truely does have an amazing voice - soft american rock at its best, reminicent of Richard Marx.
Nice to see that these 'talent' shows do occasionally turn out a true gem. Buy it you won't be disappointed, this will be a favourite of mine for a long time to come

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected, 23 Feb 2009
Karen Hughes (Shropshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Cook (Audio CD)
Although I expected the album to be good, (as a follower of American Idol), I didnt expect it to be this good. It is a great selection of rock songs that will soon have you singing along at the top of your voice - especially in the car! The whole family love the music - my 7 year old son has 'declaration' on repeat again, and again ........... It is brilliant!
David Cook

4.0 out of 5 stars What a good cook!, 1 Feb 2009
RoxyChick (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Cook (Audio CD)
Loved this album, looking forward to the next one which will hopefully be a little more on the harder side. I do however have two criticisms:
Firstly, the last song on the album is the winner's single from American Idol, which was obviously not written for a singer of his talent and genre. Very cheesy!
Secondly, the long gap between song number twelve and the hidden song. I have played this cd continuously in my car for the past month, which enables me to play it extremely loud and sing along at the top of my voice which is a must. Unfortunately, I can't hold the forward button down for too long without having an accident so therefore I just end up skipping the hidden song. What a shame, loved this cd, well done David Cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to this one, 28 Oct 2008
Juno (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Cook (Audio CD)
Judging by his previous album - Analog Heart, this guy has the potential to go truly global with this one. With well-crafted lyrics, a voice that has the power and range to blast bedrock and the versatility and confidence to challenge people's perceptions about what a rock band can and can not do, I fully expect David Cook and his new line-up to be around for a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Of Rock For Every Taste, 23 Feb 2009
This review is from: David Cook (Audio CD)
I listened to this album by a friend's recommendation and I was very impressed. I liked the diversity in sounds and most of all the passion that comes from teh singer's voice.
Also, can't help but hilight the fantastic lyrics and the different themes. It's not just another rock/pop album full of sappy and lame love lyrics. In this one we have songs about life and death, addiction, family, survival.
The stand out tracks are: Permanent (violin, piano and vocals), Lie (one of the most beautiful songs), Bar-Ba-Sol (for those who miss some good rock), A Daily AntheM (A song made to played live and makes you sing along), Light On (modern grounge at its best, co-writter by Chris Cornell).

Don't miss this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, 9 Feb 2009
Ms. Kayleigh A. Coram (jersey, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Cook (Audio CD)
Love this cd. Better then expected. Love every song on the cd (and thats rare for me). If you loved him on idol then this is a must have cd. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 9 Dec 2008
This review is from: David Cook (MP3 Download)
I waited a long time for this album and it lives up to my expectations! His distinctive voice sounds amazing. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb album, 26 May 2009
This review is from: David Cook (Audio CD)
I am an avid fan of American Idol and followed the journey of David Cook from audition to finale. The spin that he puts on his music is unique and distinctive to him and is my kind of music.
I bought this much awaited album only very recently and have played little else since. If you like a rock vibe and a distinctive gravelly voice then this will not disappoint, can't wait for the next album.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

David Cook
David Cook by David Cook (Audio CD - 2008)