5.0 out of 5 stars Hiking Poles
Published on 12 Oct. 2009 by Justino

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!
Published 12 months ago by Andi de Souza

5.0 out of 5 stars Hiking Poles, 12 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Pair of Trekrite Antishock Hiking Sticks / Walking Poles - Black (Misc.)
I have been using these as part of my rehab after head trauma. The ones in use at the rehab centre are identical to these from Trekrite in every way except price. Fully telescopic and adjustable to suit the individual and spring loaded to absorb shock should you wish to use it. Perfect for my needs and as me and my partner are avid walkers, they will not become an item for the cupboard, but will be used for many years to come.
If you are looking for hiking poles, you could do a lot worse than these little beauts.
Delivery time was excellent too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 10 Feb. 2009
Hiker (Broadway, WORCS, England) - See all my reviews
These hiking poles have proven to be excellent in both snow and dry conditions.
They are a fraction of the price of very similar poles sold in retail shops.
The shock absorption feature is very effective and gives added comfort to long hikes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 July 2009
Used these poles for a 100k walk, they were excellent and light to carry. Great value for money also, would really recommend them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking poles, 14 Aug. 2009
Dr. Peter C. Jackson (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
These poles were delivered on time and worked very well in Scotland especially on Ben Nevis. They adjust height easily and the shock absorber seemed to work well. Good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT SERVICE - GREAT PRODUCT, 18 July 2009
Mrs. K. Price "Katie" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This transaction was extremely good. We needed the hiking poles, which are very good, in a hurry and this company mailed them to us in ultra quick time. Very, very pleased.
And thanks to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 3 July 2009
As you'll see comparing with other products, these poles are a fraction of the price that you can pay for similar items: fantastic value for money. They're sturdy, and something I found particularly useful was the wide range by which they were adjustable, making it possible for people of radically differing heights to make themselves comfortable with them. They're fairly heavy as these poles go - the more expensive ones presumably use lighter higher-tech materials - and if you try to use them specifically for Nordic walking you'll not find them set up for this, as the feet are not inclined. But for ordinary hiking over all manner of terrain, these do the business admirably.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 18 Mar. 2014
The quality of these hiking sticks is reflected in the price. I weigh less than 57 Kg (9 stone) but still managed to buckle the bottom section of one of the poles while walking slowly on flat even ground. The locking mechanism jammed permanently on the other pole after its first outing - possibly my fault due to slight over-extension of the middle section BUT it was much too easy to accidentally make this mistake. The strap handle kept springing out of one of the poles from Day 1 and has had to be taped into place.

All in all I would give this product only one star for quality, since the materials are not durable enough and it has definite design faults. But the poles are still usable and were inexpensive to buy, so I have given it a final rating of 3 stars. However I would NOT recommend this product to a serious hiker who needs to depend on his/her equipment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Noticeably cheap, 3 Feb. 2013
I have never really bothered with poles before, but during the coast-to-coast a fellow hiker convinced me to give them a go. I bought two pairs of Trekrite Antishock Hiking Sticks (one for my Mrs too) and they were delivered quickly by the seller, but having just used them over a week's hiking through mountains in Scotland and the Lake District I have to say I was convinced by poles, but was very disappointed by this make. The tip of one of my poles broke off within a matter of a few miles of hiking through pretty easy terrain. Also, every now and then the locking mechanism let slip (especially in the rain) and I found the telescopic pole, which I was relying on at that time for stability, giving way under me - very disconcerting. This was also true for my mrs' set. You find yourself double checking the poles haven't slipped every few miles and never completely trust them - which sort of negates the point of them. I did, however, find that poles in general made long hilly hikes a lot less tiresome, but I wouldn't personally recommend this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOW I'M A BELIEVER, 7 Oct. 2011
Before our holiday to Canada I'd considerd trekking poles a pointless fashion accessory! A friend suggested I try them. I'm a physical 43 yr old man and I was skeptical.

Having used them up and down many hills/mountains I can say... I will not undertake a serious walk without these again!

They allow your arms/upperbody to get involved in the hike and spread the load.

These poles are light enough, strong enough and cheap anough....just buy them now :-0

I love them. Now I'm a believer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking poles..., 17 Feb. 2010
OK - what to say? All in all simple, well-made walking poles - and at a good price too! Shock absorbers make little or no difference to me, and the handgrips are a little on the "dainty" side if you have big mitts or like thick gloves - but they work! Now all I have to see is if they last as long as the last pair...!!!