5.0 out of 5 stars Toolbox
This childrens tool set is great. We bought one for our 6 year old and one for our 8 year old boys, they both love them and their dad is very impressed too.

The tools do work really well and the boys feel very grown up working with dad to make bird tables and model planes.
Published on 7 Feb 2009 by D. TRAYNOR

2.0 out of 5 stars Great to look at, but don't try using it!
Published on 8 Oct 2009 by P. Bodiam

5.0 out of 5 stars Toolbox, 7 Feb 2009
D. TRAYNOR (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Toolkit-fantastic, 16 Feb 2009
Dr. Michele Cameron (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys BJ410 Junior Tool Box (Toy)
My Grandson absolutely loved this toolkit and he and his grandad use their tools all of the time.
They have such fun.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great to look at, but don't try using it!, 8 Oct 2009
P. Bodiam - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys BJ410 Junior Tool Box (Toy)
I was disappointed with this tool set. I purchased it for my daughters last Christmas. When they tried to use the tools, most of them are of little or no use. The saw is blunt (and has no set to the teeth), and only good for cutting through balsa wood - even then it leaves a ragged finish because it is tearing rather than cutting the wood fibres. The plane and chisel had no cutting edge on them whatsoever.

I was able to sharpen both the chisel and the plane so they can be used, but their blades are made from unhardened steel, and will not hold a sharpened edge for any length of time.

For the price, I was not expecting top quality tools, but I was expecting tools that work.

My daughters found the tools frustrating to use. We have now abandoned this tool set and I let my children use my own (very sharp) workshop tools, albeit under close supervision. If you are contemplating buying this tool set to kindle a love of woodworking in your children, think again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys BJ410 Junior Tool Box (Toy)
This was bought for a sensible 11 yr old so his father could teach him woodwork without having to use full size tools.The tools provided in this over priced set do not work. They are flimsy and would be suitable for a 4 yr old to play with. Very disappointing - this company should define "junior" and be specific regarding the contents of this box which probable cost them no more than 2.50
Not recommonded..

5.0 out of 5 stars A great set of tools for children, 25 Jun 2011
Ed.F "edz314" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys BJ410 Junior Tool Box (Toy)
I bought this set for my nephew for his birthday. It'd been on his wish list for a while and he was chuffed to bits to get it. He's been playing with it for a month or so now and he's still just as pleased. It's a solid kit with decent tools (if junior ones) in a good case. There is everything the junior handyman/demolition expert would need from hammers, saws, screwdrivers, spanners and a plane. It should be noted that these are real tools, not plastic, and are therefore sharp and potentially dangerous. My nephew is now constantly demanding extra bits of wood to shape/make/abuse so bear that in mind before you purchase as small creative minds empowered by this kit will need something to use it on other than your tables and chairs. Very highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Toys not tools, 5 Jan 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys BJ410 Junior Tool Box (Toy)
Make no mistake - these are toys, not tools. The chisel and plane are rounded not sharp, and the pliers are flimsy and hard to grip. This could be marketed to a four-year-old who only wants to play at using tools, but an eight-year-old, which is the age stated by the manufacturer, wants to be able to use tools to make something. The only thing my son could do with these was bang in nails and take the screws out of his other toys. Not good enough.

2.0 out of 5 stars could be so much better, 4 Jan 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys BJ410 Junior Tool Box (Toy)
I'm sorry, but I am very disappointed with this toy. I bought this for my 7 year old and as soon as he started trying to use it rather than look at it, it became evident that none of the components where going to be up to the job. Don't buy this if you want something which actually works - it is purely a toy with no functionality at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Definately a toy, 20 Dec 2009
N. Betts "Naomi" (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys BJ410 Junior Tool Box (Toy)
Hi, It was difficult to decipher if this was a toy or basic child size tools for my son to have a go at some carpentry. They do advertise it correctly as a toy. My son is 10 and I feel this is definately a toy. The blades are too think and blunt to create anything with any detail - quite likely to hack into wood. My son is a perfectionist and this would have caused frustration. Luckily the company offered excellent service and gave a full refund without any difficulty and we chose to buy a few basic tools from B&Q. The message is...definately a toy. Great for pretending you are doing jobs with dad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Toy Toolbox, 21 April 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys BJ410 Junior Tool Box (Toy)
Bought this for my Granddaughter, should have taken notice of the reveiws. Quite a nice toy, one step up from the plastic first tool sets but where anyone gets the idea that its for 8 - 12 year olds is a mystery, maybe the manufacturers insurance company?

Tools can not be used for anything other than play, impressive box but I had trouble repacking everything into it and closing it.

But at that price what should I expect?

5.0 out of 5 stars woodworking wonder, 22 Dec 2009