1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the LOSH of my silver age years but good stuff!, 27 Nov 2008
R. A. Caton "Arcaton" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Legion of the Superheroes 3 [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
I was a keen Legion of Super Heroes fan when I was at school....these would be the comics of the early 60s, rounded artwork as opposed to the jagged shading of the later Legion.... and a long time (40 years so help me!) before these cartoons were made. Yet here we have the Legionnaires done in heroic style, modern styling, and of course "Superboy" has been retconned into super adolescent anonimity but we have our hereoes with human failings...
I recall Brainiac 5 as not being quite so....cute robotish? self satisfied? But Lightning Lad is an excellent foil for the developing Superman as he learns his trade a full millennium in the future.

I like these DVDs and I think you will too. The characters are fun and engaging. The plotting good and the timing pretty good too.
It's a pity that each DVD only carries 4 episodes though as I'm getting used these days to full season sets of DVDs rather than VHS-like episodically incremental additions to the DVDs available. Still, whatever markets I suppose...
YES buy them. They are good entertainment, one cannot say more.

Legion of the Superheroes 3 [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]